If I wind up in a comic book . . .

Asperion

Re: If I wind up in a comic book . . .

I will only join established hero teams cause the trendy new ones like to hike sales with titles like: "In this issue, a hero dies."

I will have good useful powers unlike the Red Bee (who can control a few bees). Red Bee was killed in an issue titled, "In this issue, a hero dies."

If I am a villain, I will not rob a bank in a city with 200 heroes. A small town bank will do. Or better yet, a Caribbean bank that launders Mob money will do (just as long as I have a secret ID, the mob can't touch me). The important thing is I won't commit crimes in the city I live in, which will be the city with 200 heroes. I might even put on a different costume and fight crime in that city so no one will suspect me. As a matter of fact when I commit a crime, I will have a new costume and a new name for each crime I commit (anti-Punisher measure).

Never ever will I commit a crime in Gotham or Metropolis. And no matter how tempting, I will never team up with a villain who commits crimes in one of those cities.

First order of business is to figure out if it's MY comic (Like Superman) or if I'm a sidekick (Like Robin) or a peripheral player (Like Jimmy Olsen).

If it turns out I have superpowers then I need to come up with a cool costume and gimmick. What's that? I spew sewage from my navel? This is going to take longer than I thought.

1. I will avoid becoming a hero or heroine's love interest. I want to live, thank you.

2. I will avoid becoming a hero's sidekick. See #1.

3. Normal humans who live the longest seem to be supportive of heroes (Aunt May, Willy Lumpkin) or minor nuisances (J. Jonah Jameson). I will endeavor to move into one of those positions.

4. If I have any choice in my powers, 'cool' ones will be high on my list. These will result in me never dying permanently, and a string of beautiful girlfriends.

5. If I am a villian, I will also endeavor to be the hero who most often confronts me. To use a example from one of my campaigns, the villianous Zombie Master was always stopped by the heroic Crimson Mage, with no one ever figuring out they were the same person with illusion powers. No one bothered hunting the Zombie Master, because the Crimson Mage was dealing with him, while at the same time it was rare to ask the Crimson Mage for assistance because he was too busy hunting the Zombie Master.

6. I will read and heed this entire list, as appropriate to my position in the comicverse: http://www.sff.net/paradise/overlord.html

1. I will avoid becoming a hero or heroine's love interest. I want to live' date=' thank you.[/quote']

How will you know? SECRET identity, remember?

2. I will avoid becoming a hero's sidekick. See #1.

Well, this is easier. You'll be able to recognize the hero when he's in costume, at least.

3. Normal humans who live the longest seem to be supportive of heroes (Aunt May, Willy Lumpkin) or minor nuisances (J. Jonah Jameson). I will endeavor to move into one of those positions.

Again, how will you know? Well, okay, you could get a job that lets you become an acquaintance of a hero with a public identity (Willy Lumpkin), or just pick a hero at random to rag on (see Jameson, J. Jonah for pointers). But the Aunt May role? Either you have it or you don't.

4. If I have any choice in my powers, 'cool' ones will be high on my list. These will result in me never dying permanently, and a string of beautiful girlfriends.

Oh come on. EVERY hero dies at some point. They just don't STAY dead.

i would want to be the Evil Overlord. Yea I will get pounced every time I appear but I will have the coolest powers, tech, lines, etc. Plus I have license to do whatever I choose whenever I choose (even kill - the perogotive of the Evil Overlord :bmk::hail: )

i would want to be the Evil Overlord. Yea I will get pounced every time I appear but I will have the coolest powers' date=' tech, lines, etc. Plus I have license to do whatever I choose whenever I choose (even kill - the perogotive of the Evil Overlord :bmk::hail: )[/quote']

And you never, ever die 'for reals and forever'. Even if multiple nukes explode on you.

(Yes, I'm looking at YOU Ultimate Magneto!)

i would want to be the Evil Overlord. Yea I will get pounced every time I appear but I will have the coolest powers' date=' tech, lines, etc. Plus I have license to do whatever I choose whenever I choose (even kill - the perogotive of the Evil Overlord :bmk::hail: )[/quote']

"The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord":

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/34295-The-Top-100-Things-I-d-Do-If-I-Ever-Became-An-Evil-Overlord

With my luck, I'd probably find myself joining Casper, Wendy, and Hot Stuff...

Lucius Alexander

But would I have a palindromedary?

Well' date=' at least that universe is relatively harmless.[/quote']

Oh really?

You'll be talking to a dead thing with a desperate need to be your friend...But his 3 friends will want to kill you.

You'll be talking to a sweet little girl who knows black magic...but she has 3 friends who will want to kill you.

You'll be trust a demon from the foul pits of ...yeah THAT place. It will say its good, but it will have 3 friends who want to eat your soul.

I'll take my chances with Dr Doom, thank you.

Oh really?

You'll be talking to a dead thing with a desperate need to be your friend...But his 3 friends will want to kill you.

You'll be talking to a sweet little girl who knows black magic...but she has 3 friends who will want to kill you.

You'll be trust a demon from the foul pits of ...yeah THAT place. It will say its good, but it will have 3 friends who want to eat your soul.

I'll take my chances with Dr Doom, thank you.

As so I ask the famous last line:

What could possibly go wrong?

[As I am being dragged off to that place for the witch accompanied by the ghost.]