What Superpowers or Abilities Would You Want to Have?

Cassandra

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not say you can't have super duper intelligence. We're just saying it's a burden. 

Yes, so are all superpowers. Even Superman sometimes thinks he would be happier (and certainly have a more peaceful life!) to be just plain mild-mannered Clark Kent. Even Batman sometimes regrets the decisions that made him what he is. And Peter Parker frequently wishes that radioactive/GMO arachnid had just stayed the heck away from him (that's pretty much the point of his story, in fact -- that "great power" will always come with a social, mental and emotional cost that most people would not be able to bear)..

From a strickly "What would be interesting" point of view:  Weapon that only works in legitimate self-defence or defence of others.  Pull the trigger on someone who isn't attacking or coercing someone and all you get is a click.  Grows bigger or smaller depending on how powerful a force is nearby. 

Ok, one power I've often thought would be amazing in real life is Cypher's universal translation. Likewise Forge's intuitive gadgetry.

If I can't have super duper intelligence, I'll take a power that mimics it! :D

Yes, I would also go for Universal Translator. It would be so fantastic to speak with everybody on the planet in their mothertongue, read all books, understand all songs and so forth.

Another intrigueing albeit dangerous power would be Time Travel (dangerous for ME - I don't care about "rifts in the mulriverse" or such nonsense).

Flight would be nice.

Growth (to really tall), just to see people screaming and running.

I wouldn't be a hero or villain - it would just be a more powerful Me.

What, not Megascale Swinging?

Would you like to swing on a star?

At least I can see what Megascale Swinging actually does. For that matter, I can parse Invisible Power Effects on Multiform: it means you have multiple forms that all look the same. But Autofire Multiform?? If it means anything, it means something that should call for the Duplication Power.

Lucius Alexander

Autofire Summon Palindromedary

The FISS superpower combo (Flight, Invulnerability, Speed, Strength as per PS238) would be good to have, and I would definitely use them to save lives as best I could--rescuing people from disasters natural or man-made, finding people lost in the wilderness, hunting down terrorists and criminals, and basically just being a comic-book superhero.

Mind Control powers would be good to have as well--and while I would use my powers to help people, I would also be inclined to use them in selfish ways--like staying at the best hotels without paying, and getting lap dances from the likes of Kate Upton or Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Super-powered Healing would also be great--like Claire Bennet I could use my blood to heal others, and it would come in handy in a fight--I can't get knocked out or injured, and I could punch the bad guys as hard as I wanted without having to worry about breaking my knuckles.  It could also come in handy for Toughman competitions--no matter how hard the other guy hits, he can't knock me out.  Eventually he'll tire out and I'll KO him--unless he has the same power.

Actually the only superpowers I wouldn't want are those without an apparent positive side, like Acid Spitting or Poison Touch or Nerve-Gas Flatulence (the jokes just write themselves) or Mind Control: Only To Drive To Suicide.  Those would suck--and not in the proverbial good way.

Actually the only superpowers I wouldn't want are those without an apparent positive side, like Acid Spitting or Poison Touch or Nerve-Gas Flatulence (the jokes just write themselves) or Mind Control: Only To Drive To Suicide.  Those would suck--and not in the proverbial good way.

You good guy types never see the full potential...

"From a strickly "What would be interesting" point of view:  Weapon that only works in legitimate self-defence or defence of others.  Pull the trigger on someone who isn't attacking or coercing someone and all you get is a click.  Grows bigger or smaller depending on how powerful a force is nearby. "

In that instance, what is it working from? The wielder's belief that it is legitimate self-defense?

No, the interesting thing is that it works on the facts as determined by the weapon itself, which would have lots of information/sense that the weilder.