In other news...

tkdguy

5 hours ago, death tribble said:

Naomi Osaka has beaten Serena Williams in the US open but Serena got into trouble with the authorities.

That drama was just hard to watch. Both Serena and the chair umpire could have handled it better. The situation spiralled out of control. And the trophy ceremony was awkward and even turned ugly for a while. I can understand the crowd being upset, but the way the fans reacted was shameful. To her credit, Serena told the crowd to stop booing and show Naomi some appreciation.

Anyway, congratulations to Naomi Osaka. She was the better player in this match, and she deserved a better reception from the crowd. 

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

I can't remember whether any Herophiles live in or around the Carolinas, but Florence looks like really bad news.  The 'M' means Category 3 or higher.  Think about not being in the Carolinas on Thursday.

145000_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Thanks Old Man. It looks like me and the Badger's burrow are going to get rain.

CES

Whether you're a Herophile or not, please stay safe. I'm a little gobsmacked that hurricane season is starting with a potential disaster, because it suggests that we'll be dealing with a few more of them, and I'm a bit worried that our modern economy isn't really up to the strain of so many weather-related blows. People in Carolina need to not drown tomorrow. Everyone needs to not starve, every day.  

10 hours ago, Old Man said:

I can't remember whether any Herophiles live in or around the Carolinas, but Florence looks like really bad news.  The 'M' means Category 3 or higher.  Think about not being in the Carolinas on Thursday.

145000_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Well, I live in VA and if follows that path it will hit me pretty much head on.   Literally any deviation, north or south will be good news for me.

Note: It'll be a depression most likely when it hits me, but it looks to rain until Doomsday. (10 inches conservatively by some predictions)