In other news...

tkdguy

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:09 AM, tkdguy said:

I seem to remember reading one such translation, although I had forgotten it until I read your post.

Death tribble is right; I was referencing Vampire: The Masquerade.

Yep. And Longinus the roman who stabbed Christ with the spear became the first vampire in White Wolf's later game, Vampire: the Requiem.

I had some involvement with both games.

And yes, I too recall Beowulf attributing Cain as the ancestor of Grendel and other monsters.

Dean Shomshak

Yeah, I wouldn't use Longinus as a vampire myself, because  I'd might want to add the Spear of Longinus to my campaign.  (I've kind of like the idea of having the Spear as a demon-fighting weapon, which is an arc that might not work as well, if Longinus had become a vampire.) 

5 hours ago, Badger said:

Yeah, I wouldn't use Longinus as a vampire myself, because  I'd might want to add the Spear of Longinus to my campaign.  (I've kind of like the idea of having the Spear as a demon-fighting weapon, which is an arc that might not work as well, if Longinus had become a vampire.) 

Could be some poetic justice in the spear being the only thing that can effectively "stake" him if he's the first vampire.

19 hours ago, DShomshak said:

Yep. And Longinus the roman who stabbed Christ with the spear became the first vampire in White Wolf's later game, Vampire: the Requiem.

I had some involvement with both games.

And yes, I too recall Beowulf attributing Cain as the ancestor of Grendel and other monsters.

Dean Shomshak

I remember thinking that was odd even when I read it in my youth, maybe Lilith (mother of monsters), I just figured the monk that wrote the tale down wanted to add Something biblical.

In other news James O'Keefe, convicted fraudster, tries to sting Washington post. Ends up stung instead.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/27/1718960/-James-O-Keefe-tries-to-sting-the-Washington-Post-with-fake-Roy-Moore-victim-gets-stung-himself#read-more

If e releases the "raw" footage edited to make the post look bad I hope they sue his @$$ off.

19 hours ago, Tech priest support said:

So why would god punish this guy by turning him into the first vampire thus creating a race of monsters that created untold misery and destruction on countless people whom had nothing to do with stabbing junior?

"He works in mysterous ways" "He has a plan for everyone"

According to christians, Death and Suffering are apparently part of his plan.

21 hours ago, Tech priest support said:

So why would god punish this guy by turning him into the first vampire thus creating a race of monsters that created untold misery and destruction on countless people whom had nothing to do with stabbing junior?

That assumes it was God.  I suspect the reasoning goes more like "supernatural power was released with the killing and corrupted by it gave the one who shed the holy blood a blood-related curse" rather than "God made the decision to create new infectious disease as retribution".  Bear in mind though this is a vampire's story of how vampirism starts and White Wolf's vampires are invariably full of crap.  

5 minutes ago, Old Man said:

I wasn't told if the cops got a warrant for the cell phones belonging to the sex traffickers we sent to jail two years ago.  I do remember that they couldn't get into the iPhone, only the Samsung that had the video on it.

The problem with any Encryption is: You never make a one-time key. You make a Golden Key: