In other news...

tkdguy

I love how the governments blame the refugees and not the people killing everyone. 

Ok, I know it's more nuanced than that. Still angry. 

It is, but I think your heart is in the right place.

Another problem, IIRC, is that some are saying where you first arrive in the EU is the country that should take you in....

which has Italy and Greece (Both major landing points by sea) going "Hey, wait a ###ing moment here..." 

There's also fear of being unable to assimilate this many folks to the point where future radicalization won't be a concern. You can see it as prudence, Islamaphobia, both ...etc.

The "refugee crisis" similar to the American situation with Mexico. Mexico is not a safe or secure place to live, and has spent most of the last decade on the brink of a civil war between the government and the cartels (who are fighting both the government and each other, but still want to make Mexico a virtual narcostate). I can understand why folks would need to get out, at least for a while. But the response of the typical American politicial has been virtual paranoia. They scream about Mexicans "taking our jobs!" without ever specifying just what jobs they are supposedly taking, getting onto social programs where the workers in reality don't let them in, and so forth. It's a pattern that has been repeating in American politics for at least two hundred years -- the other used to be the Irish, then the Chinese, then the Jews.... In every case the paranoids have been shown in time to be dead wrong, and this looks no different.