Arrow ~

Greywind

There are things I like this season: Oliver, Felicity, Curtis, Damien, and the (temporary) return of Caity Lotz. But there's also stuff I don't particularly love: Laurel as Black Canary, Thea as Speedy, Diggle's helmet. That helmet is just awful, and neither Laurel nor Thea are convincing as crime-fighting badasses. I wince whenever I see them in a fight scene.

I'm also not sure I find this season's threat very compelling. I mean, Damien Darkh is a good villain and I like Neal McDonough a lot. I just don't find his Big Evil Plot very interesting. I lost all interest in Oliver's mission to "save his city" after Slade Wilson got dumped into Luan Yu. For me, the stakes have got to expand beyond Star(ling) City and Oliver's scoobie gang or the show's going to lose me as a viewer before long.

I'm also not sure I find this season's threat very compelling. I mean, Damien Darkh is a good villain and I like Neal McDonough a lot. I just don't find his Big Evil Plot very interesting.

I think the season may be suffering pacing issues due to the need to set up Legends of Tomorrow (bringing Sarah back from the dead, rescuing Atom). Hopefully it'll get rolling on actually revealing the overall bad guy's plot now that they've recovered those two. I've enjoyed it so far, but they do need to get the main plot fired up soon.

I guess. Agents of SHIELD suffered similarly when its plotting was put into a holding pattern until Winter Soldier came out and set the show free. Since I'm not going to be watching Legends of Tomorrow, all this setup is just a colossal waste of my tv viewing time.

You and I are on the same page with regard to Firestorm and Atom (and their respective actors). On the other hand, I do kinda like Jay Garrick and I like Caity Lotz's Canary. However, I can't get behind the way the team is brought together (a time traveller...ugh). I have a feeling the show is going to reek of time travel as an ongoing motif.

You and I are on the same page with regard to Firestorm and Atom (and their respective actors). On the other hand, I do kinda like Jay Garrick and I like Caity Lotz's Canary. However, I can't get behind the way the team is brought together (a time traveller...ugh). I have a feeling the show is going to reek of time travel as an ongoing motif.

Considering that it's in the first look trailer that they'll need to travel through time to fight Vandal Savage's plans, I'd pretty much assume that the entire series is based on time travel.

• 4 weeks later...

We watched the mid-season finale episode the other night. Speak of the idiot ball . . .

I was expecting Felicity to get shot by a sniper right after the proposal.

The ambush was a stupid way to do the same thing. First of all, why wasn't Diggles driving the limo? Oliver's under threat, and that's Diggles' freaking day job. At the very least, they should have had a driver trained to react to an ambush and an armored-up limo. That's pretty much SOP for rich people who have death threats against them. The whole scene was predicated on not a single person involved  having any freaking common sense.

I doubt they'll kill off Felicity, but this may be the wedge that drives her and Ollie apart. If they decide to get him and Laurel together so he has his canon girlfriend/wife down the road, they're going to have to split them up eventually. Ollie could screw stuff up on his own with his normal d-bag attitude and his secret keeping, but I can also see him breaking it off with Felicity to protect her, even though they already had that conversation. He's just wishy-washy that way. Guess we'll have to see how it pans out.

I agree. The (and I hate to use the catchphrase...) "edgy" Oliver was a much more engaging character. This floppy puppy Oliver is not really capturing what made the show for me starting in Season 1. I still like the show and am enjoying the supporting cast as much as anything about it. I just want something that is just a bit darker. Doesn't have to be Daredevil or Jessica Jones dark, but something closer to them on the scale. 

Wow, I'm impressed by how many DC characters CW has brought on board; Green Arrow, Flash, Firestorm, Black Canary, Vibe, Hawkgirl and Hawkman and now Vixon, just to name the heroes.  At this point forget Legends of Tomorrow, they could just call it Justice League and have enough canon members to earn the name.

Wow, I'm impressed by how many DC characters CW has brought on board; Green Arrow, Flash, Firestorm, Black Canary, Vibe, Hawkgirl and Hawkman and now Vixon, just to name the heroes.  At this point forget Legends of Tomorrow, they could just call it Justice League and have enough canon members to earn the name.

You forgot Atom.