Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Taylor-Johnson is up for a Quicksilver resurrection so he can return to Marvel

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/01/aaron-taylor-johnson-is-up-for-a-quicksilver-resurrection-so-he-can-return-to-marvel-6227875/

Asked by Metro.co.uk if he would be up for reprising the role in future Avenger films, he said: ‘Yeah, absolutely.’

Although rather disappointingly, he added: ‘I don’t have any knowledge I could share with you if did.’

There’s ongoing speculation that Quicksilver will return for Avengers 3: Infinity War although if he is perhaps someone needs to fill Aaron in about it.

Defenders News:

‘Defenders’ Confirms ‘Jessica Jones’ Returning Cast, Plus First Set Photos!
'Defenders' Set Photos and 'Jessica Jones' Returning Cast
http://comicsalliance.com/defenders-set-photos-jessica-jones-returning-cast/

MARVEL'S THE DEFENDERS: EVERY CHARACTER SO FAR
http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/11/02/marvels-the-defenders-every-character-so-far

Wong IS Wong -- great story.

Benedict Wong on Lobbying for Doctor Strange, Battling Jet Lag, and Avoiding the ‘Asian Sidekick’ Stereotype

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/benedict-wong-on-the-avengers.html

Q: How did you come to this role?

Wong: I'm a pal of Chiwetel's, so we had lunch and I asked him what he was up to: "I'm doing Doctor Strange." So I said "Okay," and I started doing a little nosing into it, a little investigating into the world of Doctor Strange, and I couldn't believe it: I saw this character, Wong. I had thought there were no Asian superheroes, and I was always crestfallen watching the Marvel films and collecting Spider-Man comic books and not seeing any characters that looked like me. So I thought, "Okay, what am I going to do?" I don't have an agent, so …

Q: Who could argue?

Wong: I was filming Marco Polo at the time, and they came to us when I was in Budapest and I went on tape. By the time I was in Slovakia, I did a few more tweaks and sent it off, and then I went to Malaysia and they said, "Okay, you've got the gig, congratulations." And then I texted Chiwetel, "I'm gonna need some help. I might need your lawyer." He texted back, "Wong for Wong?" And I wrote back, "Wong IS Wong."

A different take on diversity in Doctor Strange. 

Q: This is a different, more assertive Wong than was in the comics.

Wong: Obviously, in the 1960s there were certain aspects of it that we can now safely leave in the '60s, this idea of a manservant-sidekick. That's not something that appeals to me. I sort of found that out myself, and I thought, "How can we change this?" When I came onboard, I met [Marvel Studios president] Kevin Feige in the trailer and said, "I'm not really into that idea of the character," and he said, "Absolutely, we're not doing that." I felt completely buoyed. Now Wong has become this kind of drill sergeant, who's not your average librarian. Overdue books are fined with broken fingers! This is someone who's serious and understands the severity that lies ahead. It's a Wong for our times, or a Wong corrected. I feel really proud to be a part of this change. Maybe there's a kid who'll watch and say, "Oh wow, there's a superhero representing me." That's what we want from diversity.

Q: You don't have an agent, but I know that Marvel likes to sign its actors for multiple movies. How many have you been told they want you to do?

Wong: There's a few, now. The Russo brothers want me involved in Infinity War. They need some Wong!

Q: Who doesn't need some Wong?
Wong: When we were doing additional shoots, I kept thinking of Christopher Walken's line from Saturday Night Live, "This needs more cowbell." I would say, "I think this needs more Wong." [Laughs.]

Some of these are silly as we are getting answers to them, a few are valid "plot lines left dangling".

Yeah, almost all of these are clearly set-ups for later movies, even ones like the Leader where the movies obviously didn't get made.

The Surprising Direction Marvel May Go In Phase Four.

Similarly, I'm not sure what's even remotely surprising about any of this.

Don't mean to diss you for posting them; just underwhelmed with the actual articles.

Exclusive: Talking DOCTOR STRANGE With Mads Mikkelsen
http://lrmonline.com/news/exclusive-talking-doctor-strange-with-mads-mikkelsen

What drew you to the Doctor Strange story? How is the role you play there similar to others you have played? 
Mads Mikkelsen: I think his story arc is written well but in a film like this the villain serves a purpose so we are all serving a purpose for the film. I also thought it was a smart choice to have a villain like that to identify the Doctor Strange character was important but was also very important that we were doing flying Kung Fu.

Yeah, almost all of these are clearly set-ups for later movies, even ones like the Leader where the movies obviously didn't get made.

Similarly, I'm not sure what's even remotely surprising about any of this.

Don't mean to diss you for posting them; just underwhelmed with the actual articles.

#1 Agree most are set ups.

#2. No worries. Trying to post what i can find. :D