Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to believe that could be real.  Tony Stark would have arranged something far grander than a simple headstone.  I'm thinking the Tony Stark Memorial Cemetery, with a giant mausoleum in the center.  Around the periphery of the mausoleum are several dozen statues of various Iron Man armors, each with eternal flames burning.  Daily fireworks shows.  Maybe even dancing girls. 

2 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

I refuse to believe that could be real.  Tony Stark would have arranged something far grander than a simple headstone.  I'm thinking the Tony Stark Memorial Cemetery, with a giant mausoleum in the center.  Around the periphery of the mausoleum are several dozen statues of various Iron Man armors, each with eternal flames burning.  Daily fireworks shows.  Maybe even dancing girls. 

Now time for the sexy sexy changing of the guard!

Can't make out the date of birth on that file.

But I don't believe that photo is real. Quite apart from Marvel being tight with leaks, there wouldn't be promotional material for Far from Home ready nine months before the scheduled release date, and certainly nothing that would include a spoiler for the next Avengers movie. If Infinity War's production is any indication, only a handful of people even know what the end of the next movie is going to be.

12 hours ago, Bazza said:

Luke Cage cancelled. No season 3. 

That's a real shame. Both Luke Cage and Iron Fist improved substantially in their second seasons, and now we won't get to see that improvement carry over into a third, potentially stellar season. Has Jessica Jones been renewed for a third season? I feel like its second season was a real disappointment after the amazing first season it had, and if anything it was the one show (of the four) that was going to have to put in the most effort to pull out of its creative nose-dive. If Punisher doesn't deliver an impressive second season, I suspect that it too will get axed before it gets a third.

If they are killing the shows to prep for moving all marvel content onto a Disney streaming service (pretty sure I read about that a while back) then they're all gonna get the axe.  What happens after that, who knows.  I read something about another Daredevil season but that might have been planned for Disney TV.

It all depends on who is making the decision to "cancel" these shows. If it is Netflix, then the shows truly are being cancelled as it means Netflix is electing not to pay for more seasons. On the other hand, if it is Disney moving them to their streaming service, then the shows aren't really being cancelled, they are merely shifting to a different distribution channel.

18 minutes ago, zslane said:

It all depends on who is making the decision to "cancel" these shows. If it is Netflix, then the shows truly are being cancelled as it means Netflix is electing not to pay for more seasons. On the other hand, if it is Disney moving them to their streaming service, then the shows aren't really being cancelled, they are merely shifting to a different distribution channel.

It could simply be a matter of cost to produce vs number of subscribers watching/added. I can't really say that I'm rushing to binge-watch either show on the first weekend that they drop, and I'm guessing that the general audience* has cooled somewhat for the shows. And generally, newer seasons cost more in actor salaries, and (probably) licensing fees.

*Folks who are invested in fandom don't seem to understand that it takes a bunch of folks who aren't to make a movie or TV show successful. 

45 minutes ago, Ternaugh said:

I'm guessing that the general audience* has cooled somewhat for the shows.

Quite possibly. And if the audience for those shows has indeed dropped to the point where they are no longer economically attractive to produce, then neither Netflix nor Disney is going to pay for new seasons, and they truly are being cancelled and not just being staged for transfer to Disney's streaming service next year.

I sincerely doubt Disney will continue any of the Netflix Marvel shows after they have been cancelled. All the existing episodes belong to Netflix, and Disney won't be able to stream them on their own service. They will see little to no value in owning only part of a show, and I am confident they will only pour resources into new shows they get to own and stream all the content of. Moreover, these are shows that did not have strong enough data metrics for Netflix to keep them, there's no way Disney would want Netflix's sloppy seconds.