Supergirl

Greywind

The sudden change of heart the "public" showed at the end was rather forced and I didn't buy it any more than I bought the sudden anti-Supergirl attitude they adopted previous to it. I'm glad they can just move past that whole clumsy plotline and (hopefully) forget about it. I also didn't buy that Supergirl would just shrug her shoulders at Alex (and Hank) being missing. Especially knowing what she knows about Cadmus.

I also thought Banshee's costume looked pretty silly. Mostly because it came out of nowhere. I wasn't expecting a "supervillain makeover montage" or anything, but her entire look was one of the most over-the-top gimmicky looks I've seen on the show, and it just made her look like a joke. Oh, and did they switch actresses for Livewire?

But other than that the episode was great. If anything, it made me wish Barry could have stayed there for a few more episodes.

The crowd coming to Kara's defense gave me a flashback to Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. ;)

In addition to all the other positives about the episode brought up here, it was really nice to see Barry giving explanations, proposing sound strategies, and providing techno-fixes to problems. On his own show he too often leaves the clever thinking to his support team, so I liked his intelligence and experience being on display.

But other than that the episode was great. If anything, it made me wish Barry could have stayed there for a few more episodes.

They made the crossover happen once. If the ratings were strong enough, they'll make it happen again. I'm betting on Supergirl appearing on Flash's series next season. We've already been told she fits on the CW. :P

I also didn't buy that Supergirl would just shrug her shoulders at Alex (and Hank) being missing. Especially knowing what she knows about Cadmus.

I interpreted that as "I'm worried sick about them, but we can only cram so many subplots into one episode, but we didn't want you to think we forgot about it."

I also thought Banshee's costume looked pretty silly. Mostly because it came out of nowhere. I wasn't expecting a "supervillain makeover montage" or anything, but her entire look was one of the most over-the-top gimmicky looks I've seen on the show, and it just made her look like a joke. Oh, and did they switch actresses for Livewire?

Yeah, the costume was pretty goofy. IMDB says Brit Morgan played Livewire both times, tho I thought she looked a little different too. Maybe it was just all those months of prison food and no exercise.

The sudden change of heart the "public" showed at the end was rather forced and I didn't buy it any more than I bought the sudden anti-Supergirl attitude they adopted previous to it. I'm glad they can just move past that whole clumsy plotline and (hopefully) forget about it. I also didn't buy that Supergirl would just shrug her shoulders at Alex (and Hank) being missing. Especially knowing what she knows about Cadmus.

No, I'm sure it's the same actress playing Livewire--because every time I see her, I think, "Holly Hunter?" She resembles Hunter (imho--yours may vary) in appearance, mannerisms and voice. So much so that the first time she appeared I wondered if she were a relative. But apparently not.

I liked the crossover a lot. Didn't love it. The "Bonk bonk bad grup!" plotline (Jimmy is jealous of Kara and Barry) was way too heavy-handed. And they made a big deal of Kara's team would help Barry get home--but all it took was Kara running really fast and throwing him....

Silver Banshee's costume...yeah, it really didn't work.

But all the interactions between Kara and Barry...that was gold. (Clearly, Melissa and Grant are good friends in real life too.)

I'm really hoping we get to see that.

Re our previous discussion: I'm glad they didn't wrap up the "regaining the public's trust" arc too easily in a single episode, but I'm also glad they didn't drag it out any longer than this.

I'm sure there will still be some who distrust Supergirl and won't forget or forgive, but I can imagine the show might not put this on TV. 

Regarding Silver Banshee's costume and makeup, I noticed a couple of times while Siobhan was freaking out over the changes she was experiencing, she saw flashing visions of her own face in the Silver Banshee guise -- perhaps some sort of precognition, or maybe an image the banshee's curse put in her mind. So the show did set up the precedent for that, albeit it could have been made more obvious or explicit.

As for Banshee's costume, to me it seemed just the sort of punkish motif Live Wire would come up with. And she was the one instigating the makeover. ;)

Silver Banshee's costume looked reasonable to me.  Honestly, I like DC's current shows not being afraid to dip deeper into comic book territory than other shows have.

In the designing montage that we didn't see I wouldn't be surprised if Siobahn (under the banshee's influence and using the flashes we were shown) wasn't giving suggestions for the face paint. The fact I assumed that the instant she appeared indicates to me that it was a successful homage.

Now... how did the super-earplugs stop the plexiglass breaking, Supergirl throwing kinetic aspects of the wail? :)

Now... how did the super-earplugs stop the plexiglass breaking, Supergirl throwing kinetic aspects of the wail? :)

Yeah, Barry should have experienced what flying feels like at that point. Kara likely could have stood up to it. I think they did it that way so Flash could have a smug, "I told you it would work!" moment. Lord knows he doesn't get many of those on his own show. ;)

I thought it was ironic that Barry was chiding her about not having a plan when he himself usually just runs headlong into confrontations with his villains without much of a plan either.

They are both so adorkably cute and both so, so dumb.

But I will keep watching because Melissa Benoist pretty much owns my heart.

I'd like to know how he even knew Kara was falling out a window in the first place.

So are Siobhan's powers an indication that the Supergirl universe has magic?

It annoys me that in the shared CBS/CW DC infiniverse, not one of its Earths has a Gotham City or a Batman, for reasons. When Barry observed that the Supergirl universe had a Central City but no Star Labs (or any of its characters as dopplegangers), it only highlighted the glaring absence of Batman, and the moronic reason for it. I mean, the Supergirl show can make reference to Clark and Superman, even if they can't really show him. Why can't any of these shows even make reference to the existance of GC and the Batman? Ugh.

I like the look of the Silver Banshee in the comics so I was a little concerned to see people referring to it in the new version of Supergirl. So I bit the bullet and watched the extracts on Youtube. I can rest happy in the knowledge that the look has been captured in a way I find acceptable. And from the extracts I liked the team up of the two heroes and how it ended.