Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt it's Bizarro.  Having said that, Bizarro in Superman the Animated Series started out looking normal and deteriorated.  In Smallville he started out normal but his weird crystal form was revealed in direct sunlight.  I believe in the period piece comic Trinity it's stated that he started out looking like Superman but the more power he uses the more he crystallized. 
I mean, the original Bizarro also wasn't a clone, he was an imperfect copy made by Lex's Duplicating Ray (unless you count the earlier version from the Superboy comics which was accidentally created by someone else's "duplicating ray").  All-Star Superman, Trinity, the comic tie-in to the Superboy show, not to mention pre- and post-crisis all have different versions of Bizarro with differences in origin, appearance, and behavior.  Considering Bruutal, the Superman clone in the New 52's Earth Two line, I wouldn't put it past them to introduce a clone at some point.  Whether it's "Bizarro" or not is another matter.

That was a good trailer! It makes me want to watch the movie and it does draw me more into the characters we have. I liked the Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent back and forth. But the absolute best part of their back and forth was the interruption by the new Lex Luther! I wasn't sure about the casting but I think I am going to love him in this role the way I liked Ledger as The Joker. There was humor, charisma, and a nice touch of demented. Great job! The reveal that doomsday will be the boss with him essentially being a weirdo clone of Zod was interesting too. But of course, now I do feel like I know the whole movie plot. I wonder what will be left over to see. 

Soar. 

Oh my goodness! I just checked the IMDB release date info. This movie actually releases in Japan the same time as the US! I won't have to actually avoid a movie thread for several months while I wait for this one! That is so weird. If only Marvel and Disney would catch on!

I don't much mind the desert scene being the real characters. It makes me wonder if maybe there was more too it than we are assuming. Perhaps that is the heart to heart moment Bruce needed to get his point across. Maybe that was when Clark finally realizes it is Bruce and recalculates what he has been up to. Maybe something else? But if it were a Bizarro version of Superman that would be okay, too, but I just don't think it is. Could be wrong, though. 

Soar. 

I don't much mind the desert scene being the real characters. It makes me wonder if maybe there was more too it than we are assuming. Perhaps that is the heart to heart moment Bruce needed to get his point across. Maybe that was when Clark finally realizes it is Bruce and recalculates what he has been up to. Maybe something else? But if it were a Bizarro version of Superman that would be okay, too, but I just don't think it is. Could be wrong, though.

Soar.

The Bizarro hypothesis comes from the fact that in the desert scene, superman looks completely pissed off. And was acting quite out of character. Batman is tied up? Maybe after fighting the super corps soldiers? Maybe supes is pissed at the vigilantes acting in his name, but to me it seemed that he was angry at bruce...or just on general principle.

Maybe supes is pissed at the vigilantes acting in his name, but to me it seemed that he was angry at bruce...or just on general principle.

Maybe Bruce screwed up his own investigation into the guys, who he's already mad about, so he's just in a mood.

I liked the second trailer. I'm not sure why they're playing Lex as a Joker wannabe. So far, this is probably my least favorite Lex Luthor to grace the screen.

I'm just tired of Lex. I'd like to see more of Superman's rogues gallery.

Hollywood is deathly afraid of Superman movie that doesn't have Lex or Zod (or both).

I'd like to see them branch out and try something really different for a villain, like Intergang and Bruno Mannheim (which would have made a great lead-in for Darkseid in a later film).

Pretty sure that "Doomsday" in the trailer is the result of Luthor's cloning/genetic engineering of Zod's remains.  Also pretty sure that whether or not they call him by name that it is 1) Obviously a nod to Doomsday with the bone growth around the eyes and all and 2) the only version of Doomsday we're likely to ever see in a live action movie, at least until they reboot the entire DC Cinematic Universe which won't be for a while yet.

Doomsday actually looks more like comic book Doomsday than Abomination looked like comic book Abomination (not that that says much).  Other than both being hunched over and having some bone spines they don't look that similar, especially their faces.

Okay, sure, the face looks more like a Michael Bay Ninja Turtle, but that doesn't really change the fact that my first thought when I saw "Doomsday" in the trailer was, gee that looks a lot like the Abomination. Others may have a different reaction, but that was mine.

Okay, sure, the face looks more like a Michael Bay Ninja Turtle, but that doesn't really change the fact that my first thought when I saw "Doomsday" in the trailer was, gee that looks a lot like the Abomination. Others may have a different reaction, but that was mine.

There's a guy in comics that has a bunch of scrapyard junk sticking out of his rocky/earthy body. That's the first thing I thought of, though I can't remember the name of the character. A second later, Doomsday clicked, of course.