Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Doomsday.

Ok.

The more I see of this version of Lex, the less I like it.

Wonder Woman has no speaking lines so far, but darn if she isn't intriguing me more than our two main heroes

WB is apparently trying to slip in some funny, whether it will be GOOD funny is hard to tell.

Well, the mini-guns mounted on the new bat-tank already revealed this, I think.  Snyder is clearly a fan of the Dark Knight series.  While everyone else seems to think these are the greatest comics ever written, I found them to be...meh.  Particularly the part where Bats defeats Superman by making Supes fight like an idiot.

Well, the mini-guns mounted on the new bat-tank already revealed this, I think.  Snyder is clearly a fan of the Dark Knight series.  While everyone else seems to think these are the greatest comics ever written, I found them to be...meh.  Particularly the part where Bats defeats Superman by making Supes fight like an idiot.

I couldn't agree with you more.  Mind you I've only read the Dark Knight Returns but that was more then enough to put me off reading more Frank Miller Batman books.  I was already annoyed with the story LONG before they got to the beyond stupid Superman stuff.

Bats frequently uses force that would be lethal to humans against super powered opponents. I think exploding bat-a-rangs would be cooler, but if he's using some kind of "gun" instead, who cares? Whatever it is seems to have a very large bore, so it's probably something whipped up to go against Doomsday (or maybe Superman). Seems unlikely that he went all Ash and stopped off at the local S-Mart to grab a shotgun. It's all speculation at this point.

Bats frequently uses force that would be lethal to humans against super powered opponents. I think exploding bat-a-rangs would be cooler, but if he's using some kind of "gun" instead, who cares? Whatever it is seems to have a very large bore, so it's probably something whipped up to go against Doomsday (or maybe Superman). Seems unlikely that he went all Ash and stopped off at the local S-Mart to grab a shotgun. It's all speculation at this point.

Give me an exploding batarang any day. 

Well, the mini-guns mounted on the new bat-tank already revealed this, I think.  Snyder is clearly a fan of the Dark Knight series.

Quite ironic, then, that a Miller-inspired Batman would carry a gun, given this scene--

15626202batman-dkreturns.jpg

Granted, we don't know what the weapon fires--it could be some sort of reduced lethality munition.  Contrary to opinion, trailers don't tell everything.  Sometimes they even lie.  We'll just have to see.

Well, the mini-guns mounted on the new bat-tank already revealed this, I think. Snyder is clearly a fan of the Dark Knight series. While everyone else seems to think these are the greatest comics ever written, I found them to be...meh. Particularly the part where Bats defeats Superman by making Supes fight like an idiot.

Chris Nolan is producing these films as well, so there is that.

I'm not impressed with "party man" Lex Luthor.

I am the exact opposite. I loved the bit we saw. Gene Hackman was terrible in the role. Keven Spacey was okay but it didn't grab me. The cartoon version from the 90s was nice but always just struck me as "board room baddy" which isn't terrible but hardly that inspired. This one seems to have a subtle charm with a revival of the Homo-Superior take on Lex that was more often in the comics - the one where he takes on the mantle of challenging alien gods rather than simply trying to develop more real-estate. 

Soar. 

I am intrigued by WW too; the trailer made her look absolutely badass, to which I give a two hearty thumbs up. But I think that part of why it stands out so much is due to the shameful paucity of female superheroes in the movies, particularly in DC-based movies. It's only ever been Batman or Superman on the big screen. Marvel has given us numerous female X mutants on screen, plus Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, and Agent Carter. DC/WB is lagging way behind.

If there was going to be a Netflix series based on a DC character, I'd want it to be Batgirl. It could get by with the same kind of budget as Daredevil, and if it had the same sense of fun as Agent Carter, I'd be all in. Of course, Batgirl is my favorite DC character, so naturally I'd say that.

Wonder Woman, Captain America called. He wants his shield back. ;)

(Although I think that will work thematically and visually 'way better than bracelets.)

She still has the bracelets. In the previous trailer, she used them to perform her concussion attack where she slams them together and creates a shockwave powerful enough to stun even superman.