Your Superhero Team Names

Pariah

The group I GMed the longest had the team name Tempest.

It was suggested, deadpan and completely in character, by one of the characters at a press conference, in reference to the amount of property damage the team's latest fight had caused.

I play with a MUSH group online- there are 4 of us with military/mercenary/government backgrounds that operate a clandestine STAR (Special Tactics and Rescue) unit that is sponsored by an alien ambassador & their various connections. We started unofficially calling them Zero Division in reference to the math meme of internet fame. In character there's a bit more to it, as documented on their official profile page:

Most members could be considered Tier One Operators individually, but together- they are truly a Tier Zero Strikeforce. This is even more fitting as the 'Tier' system is not a rating system but a SOCOM funding method, and this team receives no funding from public sources.

After dragging their feet for months and facing threats (detailed under spoiler), the current hero team I'm GMing finally picked the name Just Cause.  Their main reason for that name was in case someone asked why they gave their team that name, they'd say, "just 'cause."

My game features a weekly news sheet, the Hero.Net Herald, which generally has an article recapping the prior adventure, an article (or two) related to the current adventure, and maybe a filler piece.

After the players procrastinating ad nauseum, the Herald carried an article about the Virginia Alliance for Global Intervention and National Aid.  When they asked about the rather unusual superhero team name - VAGINA - I mentioned that the heroes involved are a loose confederation of regional solo heroes who refused to pick a name, so the editor of the Hero.Net Herald finally gave them one.

They quickly picked a name.  Imagine that.

Past team names have been "S-Squad" (because all team members' names began with the letter "S"), Silver Phoenix, The Heroes of Eastern Michigan (aka THEM), Vigilance, Elite Force, and Millennium City Protectors.

When I was a player, my first hero team was known as the Ann Arbor People's Justice Co-op (or A2PJC).  Nobody should be surprised that the team name was chosen around 2:30 am after a marathon gaming session.

Groups I run & occasionally play in for some obscure reason don't like to name their group or to be Team Leader,  <Whine> I don't wanna be Team Leader <end whine>

So we settled on Matrix and that became the name for the team, not sure who suggested it but no one complained and thus it was born...

Now I have a "new" group and they will need to pick a name so, I wonder what will come of that... Fortunately there are 5 new players so I hope the other three don't rub off on them...

Current group I occasionally GM is called Avant Guard. It reflects that the team's founder, Doctor Future, rescued each member from a particular doomed future in order to make sure that future never happens.

Previous campaign world featured two iterations of the Seattle Sentinels set in, duh, Seattle. In the two "Supermage" playtest campaigns, the characters never formally agreed on a team name. "Keystone Konjurors" just sort of arose among the players, due to the characters' extremely frequent mishaps. (It happens when half the characters have Activation Roll + Side Effect.)

An intermittent pick-up campaign was called UNICoRN. The United Nations International Criminology Resource Network was my world's UN agency for superhero affairs. Unlike UNTIL, it was grossly underfunded, consisting only of a small office with an outdated computer, some phones, file cabinets and a Rolodex. In this world, superbeings are not evenly spread: Especially in smaller countries, some countries have a would-be hero but no local villains, while others suffer from the opposite problem. UNICoRN recruits heroes (volunteers only) and flies them (coach) to places with supervillain problems. Very much a "League of Substitute Heroes" feel, with PCs such as Insectomorph (who activated his powers by eating bugs), American Ninja (red, white and blue night-suit) and the Mad Piper of Inverness. Their adversaries tended to be similarly low-power and oddball -- the Candyman, Commander Coleoptera (and his Arthrozoid Army, in an adventure called "They Cloned Quisling's Brain!"), and the world-spanning criminal/subversive agency CRAB, resplendent in their blue-gray and burnt-orange uniforms ("Cut off one leg and two grow in its place!").

At one point, some of their repeat adversaries teamed up as CAToBLEPS: Criminal Alliance To Beat Law Enforcement Personnel Soundly. By the end, everyone involved agreed they would not speak of it again.

Dean Shomshak

The heroes of my Champions campaigned were brought together by a businessman (my character's secret identity) to form the Justice Force, a corporate sponsored superhero team. The team was disbanded a few months later by PRIMUS, who felt that a group of unsanctioned supers running around was not a good idea. The team later reformed as a government sanction team with the same name but slightly different lineup.

As I recall, I floated the idea of the team name to my players beforehand to see if they liked it, and they did, so when it came time to form the team we used the name.

The campaign I am currently GMing right now centers on a team of superheroes called the Excelsiors. The name is in honor of Stan Lee's motto, Excelsior.  The team is based in Los Angeles and was formed by the Mayor of LA to protect the city from superpowered threats, including eventually the Protectors (Protect and Serve).  The team is currently made up of 4 PCs (Stars & Stripes, Maiden Mystic, Soul Surfer and Chimera) and is allied with an NPC hero who can only come out at night (Nocturnal) who acts as a guide since the PCs are all new to playing RPG.  

Dirty Tricks Squad
The Dragons
The Jamm
The Janissaries
Justice
Malta Professionals
Mavericks
The New Pioneers
The Sentinels of Justice
The Trouble Shooters
UNTIL/UNITE
The Vanguard

The New Pioneers, appropriately enough, are the brand, newest super team in the RDU.  I'm playing the daughter of my very first PC, who was under the auspices of the Sentinels and founded the Mavericks and Vanguard.  

The official US superhero team centered in Washington DC is Americana - allowing the PCs to be the west coast team in the game dubbed Hollywood Knights. They set a very four color standard. 

The first super to appear, Justice is a self-admitted knockoff of Superman.

Lawyer and telepath Javier Martinez is Truth.

After the two above stopped her accidental rampage, Freedom joined the pair.

Speedster Lightfoot changed his moniker to Liberty, not wanting to be Pursuit of Happiness.

Military cyborg Sentinel gave the team official government standing.

Teenager Guardian is filling in her father's invulnerable armor after he died trying to stop 9/11.

Patriot is a Navy SEAL with a cutting edge armored deep-sea diving suit.

Feisty scrapper Valor is the team's scrapper.

Music themed musician Anthem is the newest member.