A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

http://www.boortz.com:

"There will be no discussion of who was kicked off or who remains on American Idol on the Boortz show. Nor will we discuss who Paula Abdul has or has not been doing. We don't care. If this is at the top of your "gotta know" list, what in the world are you doing listening to talk radio?"

Man, Neal Boortz is my favorite talk radio host and I don't even get his show in my town. :(

JG

Guest Skaramine

By Deloy Maguire, on the Robert E Howard list...

Headlines I'd Like To See

...because I'm tired of the ones they got.

"Release of 'Conan And The Jewels Of Gwahlur #2' Causes Evacuation of

D.C."

"Culkin Testifies Jackson Gave Him Beer and a Stack of 'Savage

Swords', But Never Touched Him"

"Runaway Bride Admits Motivation Behind Strange Trip Was To Find a

Copy of Conan #15"

"Terry Allen Fesses Up to 'googling' Himself After Seeing Photos of

Wendy Pini"

(see message 8551) ;)

:)

Message 8551 was by Kurt Busiek, stating he was lost at a comic book convention, until he saw Wendy Pini in full Red Sonja garb. Then he wasn't lost no mo'.

22.jpg

Nope... I wouldn't be lost if she were leading my way... :love:

Managed to hack off my boss's boss this week without really trying.

Sigh.

And frankly I don't care anymore. He's known me for just over 10 years now and I don't think he's ever liked me. The feeling has become mutual.

Meantime my boss is on holiday for two weeks so I have to look after some of what he was doing which is ok.

Spent the day going over an empty XML file (Text file that can be sent over the Internet) and the mismatches between an XML schema (what you put the data as text into) and the definitions file that accompanies it. A consultant and a couple of others went through this. And it was still wrong.

One of my immediate colleagues said we should be able to look at this before it went out without having to continually ask. Now maybe they'll listen to us.

Home and bed await.

Guest Skaramine

Michael Chilkis is now firmly entrenched as playing some of my favorite characters of all time.

John Belushi (in Wired)

Curly Howard/Jerome Horowitz (the Three Stooges)

Vic Mackey (the Shield)

Ben Grimm/The Thing (The Fantastic Four)

Outside of Alan Rickman, I don't think anyone else has played as many of my beloved roles as he has.

Guest kawaii gin neko

don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain don't rain!!!!

just don't!!!

Guest kawaii gin neko

dude...

just noticed.

no rep power, no posts logged.

that blows...

just cause i don't like, post elsewhere on here...

;_;

just cause i'm not smart enough to be a gamer, just a gamer's girlfriend/wife/nanny!

*shakes fist*

We have two stray cats in the neighborhood. The apartment complex doesn't seem to care one bit about it. One of the cats ticked of Herc and Herc knocked out the screen door to get to the cat and scare it away. Go Herc! :thumbup:

Well I just saw the grey cat again. Now I feel bad. It isn't using its front left leg at all. I think something happened to it and it broke its leg. I'm also angry because the complex, had they actually done something when I called about the problem, could have prevented this. :(

Thought for the day.

The Chinese 'discovered' America, South America, Australia and New Zealand.

They also mapped these places and attempted to discover how to calculate Longtitude. This was in 1421 to 1423. The Portugese and Spanish used the maps they made to discover the New World and plunder it.

Interesting book 1421 The Year China Discovered the World. Also says why the Chinese did not follow their discoveries up.

We need more threads regarding the recent changes on the boards here. Seriously. And we need more whining. There's just not enough whining from any side of this. And I'd appreciate it if the mods oiled themselves down before flexing and posing. The muscles stand out better in the light when you flex them.

Well that took longer than expected.

From what I gather from compliments, etc... from several people in Cats, I think I'll pass my testing period without too much trouble. Got thru my first week and while I can't say cleaning cat runs and rooms is the most intellectually stimulating job I've had, it's fairly rewarding.

While cleaning is the first thing to be done, socializing the cats is another important aspect of the job and making sure they're all healthy.

And this is the view from the deck of the Best Friends Cafeteria

viewfromdeck_01_web.jpg

More pictures once I get setup. This connection is just a couple hours old.

Guest Worldmaker

I've discovered I could shed it like a duck's back sheds water, and with about as much long-term concern.