A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Odd: On a whim I decided to listen to KIRO News out of Seattle on the net. I spent twenty-seven years in the northwest, but as I listened I had this epiphany: "I don't like the way those people talk." There's something flat, clipped, and impersonal about the diction. I guess I've been away long enough to start to notice. As it is, the English speakers I deal with aside family (all in the south at this point) are from all over the world. I don't hear a default accent, anymore. But I don't like the way Northwesterners talk... even if its not as bad as yankee jabber. ;)

I'm at my third branch within a month. I have tried to look at this with good humor and accept it' date=' but I've been here less than two hours and I'm already set to kill someone. This...is not good.[/quote']

Kill the guy in charge of book keeping and I'll send my resume.

Sometimes you think "How did it come to this". And then you realize you know exactly how it came to this, and that everyone involved would probably make the same choices again. That's when you'd reach for a bible, a gun, or a bottle of whisky, if you were living in a country-western song.

I am in the presence of a superbeing.

The Shop Spider (possibly a lineage, I'm not really sure) seems to have taken up residence after hitching a ride home from a camping event (on my Goddess statue, no less).

The spider is Ninja.

Seriously.

It just got pounced by my 7 year old uber-hunter strongarm enforcer member of my cat pride. She played with it across the shop floor, over protests, and went it for the kill. And got nailed. I think it bit her tongue while she was trying to eat it. It survived, she ah... "withdrew to the rear", shaking her head furiously.

Whereupon her young 2 year old Padawan and chief rival took over and chased the spider all over the bloody shop. it got away with an amazing amount of panache and speed.

Spider 2, Pride 0

Sometimes you think "How did it come to this". And then you realize you know exactly how it came to this' date=' and that everyone involved would probably make the same choices again. That's when you'd reach for a bible, a gun, or a bottle of whisky, if you were living in a country-western song.[/quote']

There are people who aren't living in country-western songs?! :eek:

So, I inadvertently search engined my way into the...

Vanguard News Network

No Jews. Just Right.

I kid you not. It was a fascinating waltz through the twisted morass that passes for the minds of white supremacy loons. The weird part was, I wasn't offended by the truly amazing stream of hate speech so much as I was dazzled by the trippy mirror universe of muddled perceptions these people are living in. It was like listening to "we are the world" in reverse. Talk about having a signpost up ahead. Phew. I need a bath.

But wait, they have their own podcast:

Goyfire

Hammering out the jew, one broadcast at a time.

Ahem. Yeah. And it wasn't just us. These guys have enough hate left over to spread around. Liberally.

All I can say is...

Kahane6c.jpeg

Bring It On Mighty Whitey!

Tonight was our annual Egg Hell! Tomorrow is my office's Thanksgiving dinner (actual Thanksgiving is November 27th) so we spent a good chunk of tonight making 28 deviled eggs (that's 56 halves). About half of them with an Olive and about half without. Tomorrow is the adventure of driving to work without making too much of a mess of them.

I've been approved by the management of my new apartment complex. I will be going through an in-town move during the last 2-3 weeks of December. But I can say hello to having a ~50% bigger place (960 sq. ft. vs. 675 sq. ft.), washer/dryer hookups, and a Den for my hobbies/games/computer! And Goodbye to a very run-down apartment with much less to offer.

And I'll be only 1.75 miles from work. Once it warms back up, I think I'll get back on my bicycle.