A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Mythbusters tonight includes the scene from Kiss The Girls where Morgan shot though a carton of milk to suppress muzzle flash to prevent a room full of gas from a gas stove from igniting.

They kept referring to the type of gas "that people cook with" as Methane. WTF? I know of no place around that uses that instead of either Butane or Propane.

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong and that stuff I knew as "Natural Gas" is primarily Methane - with an additive to give it its distinctive smell.

Mythbusters tonight includes the scene from Kiss The Girls where Morgan shot though a carton of milk to suppress muzzle flash to prevent a room full of gas from a gas stove from igniting.

They kept referring to the type of gas "that people cook with" as Methane. WTF? I know of no place around that uses that instead of either Butane or Propane.

Propane is common if you have a big tank outside your house, but if you have a "gas stove" and a pipeline coming into your house, you most likely are cooking with "natural gas" which is primarily methane. Methane isn't as concentrated as propane, though, so if you have appliances set up to use propane (such as an outdoor gas grill), they have to be converted to use natural gas.

Back in October, my beautiful bunneh wife and I went to our FLGS for their annual Hallowe'en party. We got roped into a game of Guitar Hero there, and ended up having a really good time. So a few weeks later, we saw a used copy of the game in the store and on a lark, picked it up. We found a couple of cheap plastic guitars somewhere, and started playing.

Dang, that game is fun. I'm not really one for video games at all, but dang.

So I found some guy selling his copy of World Tour for cheap on Craig's List. Now we've got three guitars, drums, and the microphone. We're having a friend over for the Christmas weekend, and I've got a feeling I know what we're going to be doing a lot of. :)

today while going to pick up Amadan's yule present we (his mother and I) had to pull into a parking lot to turn around. We had the blinkers on, but apparently one of the city maintenance vans was in such a hurry to pass us, that they did so, on the side we were turning, while we were turning.they almost hit us, AND almost made the car coming the opposite direction hit us, and they still had the nerve to honk at us......

:idjit:

our van needs a turret gun, badly.

Just found out that a journalist for the BBC who covered the Falklands War died Friday. Brian Hanrahan. Famous for one line in the conflict where he said that he could not tell for security reasons how many Harrier jets had left on a raid but 'I counted them all out and I counted them all back in again.'

I've got a huge Christmas cake for my Cousin's Christmas dinner. It didn't even fit in the biggest box or the biggest bag they had. I had to tape it shut and seal it in a trash bag. It has red and green flowers on it and Oreoes too as it is an Oreo cream cake. It says "Merry Christmas". I plan to leave the leftovers there.