A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Today's Inspirational Lesson:

> Never irritate a woman who can operate a backhoe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38078[/ATTACH]

Thus endeth the lesson:

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings...They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick

They are flexible like that.

Spoilered for depressing thoughts.

Three years ago today, Richard Jeni put a gun to his head and killed himself.

He was one of my three favorite comedians of all time, and a huge inspiration. I feel honored to have seen him live.

He suffered from severe clinical depression. I suffer from severe clinical depression. When I think about what he must have been feeling to take that final, fateful step, it overwhelms me. He was at the top of his game professionally, respected and admired by his peers, adored by his fans, and he felt so miserable that he could no longer go on. I can imagine what went through his mind in those final days, but I'll never know. I can't say that I don't understand, though. I've been on the verge many times myself, but something always managed to make me stop. His pain must have been immense.

I miss him very much. Obviously, he's this month's avatar as I continue to pay tribute to deceased funny-men. Bye, Rich, you're not forgotten.

The invasive, obnoxious, offensive ad reads: "Busty Russian Girls Are Looking For You!" The woman in the picture is unmistakenly African American and, from the look of the suburb behind her, is probably in the southern US. Gag-boob-job and sexploitation women-as-meat vibe aside, if you are going to pander Russian women, shouldn't the undignified floosies your pushing at least, mayhaps, be able to pass for Russian?

I'm walking down the street while it's raining. I step into a public restroom. I wash my hands after I'm done, then I start to dry them. Then I wonder why I bother drying my hands, since I'm drenched from head to toe and am about to step out into the rain again.

Rock the Vote!

Please come by and cast your votes in the Space Opera Superdraft finale. There are a lot of great ideas being formed there. Even you weren't directly involved, everyone is invited to cast votes.

As always, the draft itself is open to everyone to participate, and another will start in April.

Thanks!