A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

On the bright side of the situation, having the tupperware of homemade bean soup come open on the way to work in your briefcase means you can very effectively claim to have come to work with a briefcase full of puke.

......that just took a sharp left turn and went over a cliff of surreality I had not suspected was there......

Lucius Alexander

I think I forget sometimes just how strange a palindromedary is, and how alien its perspective

Just posted this on FB:

"I wish I had a clue when it comes to this whole "meeting interesting members of the opposite sex" thing. I can carry on conversations just fine, but can't seem to step over the line into flirting. In review, I've generally been the prize, the party that is pursued and won. No one seems to be interested this time around tho and I'm afraid I'm gonna do exactly what I've done the last time and fall hard for the first mostly compatible girl I meet who decided I'm worth chasing.

Oh, yeah, if it wasn't obvious by the context: I am available for romance.

Pros: Genius. Polymath. Artist. Generous. Good in bed. Hung like a Circus pony. Voted "Best to have on your side in an Apocalypse". Good Singer.

Cons: Insane. Bent as a Pewter ducat. Kinda a Jerk (Like an a$$h*le, but nice about it) on occasion. Occasionally stumbles across social circumstances I just don't grok, because I kinda have to study human interactions from the outside before I can mimic them properly. And I'm about halfway to being the male version of a crazy cat lady.

I am just so sick of going to events and feeling like Tantalus in Tartarus"

Today in history:

In 1896, picture showing the unclad (bare) breasts of a woman appears in National Geographic magazine for the first time.

In 1897, the first Library of Congress building opened its doors to the public. The Library had been housed in the Congressional Reading Room in the U.S. Capitol.

I'll let you debate the more culturally significant of the two.