A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

One of the best things about the internet is that it can answer all those questions from way before it was a thing.  What was that one video game I saw that one time?  Oh, here it is on the internet arcade.  Who was that actress I saw in that show?  Oh, that's who it was.  Whatever happened to that other actor?  Oh, that's interesting.  Seriously there's all these annoying questions I've carried around for years, and now three minutes of googling and they're answered.

We are starting a new campaign, in a setting that is a cartoon version of ancient China, in which martial arts and what school you belong to and what techniques you have learned is important for the plot somehow.

One guy had found at Half Price Books a deck of playing cards with martial arts moves depicted on them (kind of like these but cheesier artwork). Glancing through them, on one card was a gi-clad guy in some sort of squat stance, with a frown and bared teeth.

I was very tired, and well into my Friday Night De-Stress mentality, and out of my mouth came the question, "What move is that supposed to be? Crane Takes A Dump?"

Due to fatigue I found this wildly funny and spent the next half hour or so making up more of these and giggling uncontrollably...

• Tiger Humps A Sofa Cushion
  • Snake Stubs His Toe
  • Dragon Propositions A Schoolgirl
  • Monkey Flings Poo With Both Feet
  • Phoenix Goes To Arizona
  • Serpent Cheats On His Taxes