Funny Pics II: The Revenge

8 minutes ago, Ockham's Spoon said:

Batman_Iron_Man_Spider-man.png.7f84e9e6b63b8b93768b0de6ea6517f7.png

The reason that men hate the question “What are you thinking?” from women Is that when we tell them they either don’t believe or hate the answer.   From this comes TJACK’s LAW...”Never ask a question when you don’t really want an answer.”

“Do you love me?”

“Do you think that person is more attractive than me?”

“Did you ever/Are you cheat(ing)on me?”.......etc.

ZSeowzz.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Tjack said:

The reason that men hate the question “What are you thinking?”

I can't speak for anyone but me, but the reason I hate it from a woman is that when a man asks and I say "nothing," they get it immediately, while I have yet to meet the woman (including my wife) who fully understands that I-- and I have always assumed but may be wrong-- and other men can and occasionally do, just to recharge for a few minutes-- turn my brain completely _off_ for a while.  No thinking; no data processing; only the barest of sensory inputs at the "if you smell fire or see violence, turn back on" level.

2 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

ZSeowzz.jpeg

I can't speak for anyone but me, but the reason I hate it from a woman is that when a man asks and I say "nothing," they get it immediately, while I have yet to meet the woman (including my wife) who fully understands that I-- and I have always assumed but may be wrong-- and other men can and occasionally do, just to recharge for a few minutes-- turn my brain completely _off_ for a while.  No thinking; no data processing; only the barest of sensory inputs at the "if you smell fire or see violence, turn back on" level.

The answer is either “nothing” that they don’t understand and believe is a lie to cover up something else.  Or you actually tell them that you’re trying to remember how many in how many Three Stooges shorts did Moe dress up like Hitler.  That one they believe but it pisses them off.  The third option is when we’re thinking of filthy stuff we’d NEVER admit to.  We are all deviants.

3 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

ZSeowzz.jpeg

Occasionally? Seems more frequently than that.

4 hours ago, Tjack said:

The reason that men hate the question “What are you thinking?” from women Is that when we tell them they either don’t believe or hate the answer.   From this comes TJACK’s LAW...”Never ask a question when you don’t really want an answer.”

“Do you love me?”

“Do you think that person is more attractive than me?”

“Did you ever/Are you cheat(ing)on me?”.......etc.

The one I hate the most is, "Does this outfit make me look fat?" Trust me, there's no answer a woman can't twist to make you feel like a jerk.

Actual example, from when I replied, "No, you look perfect in everything."

"So you like me to look fat?" 🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

l can't speak for anyone but me, but the reason I hate it from a woman is that when a man asks and I say "nothing," they get it immediately, while I have yet to meet the woman (including my wife) who fully understands that I-- and I have always assumed but may be wrong-- and other men can and occasionally do, just to recharge for a few minutes-- turn my brain completely _off_ for a while.  No thinking; no data processing; only the barest of sensory inputs at the "if you smell fire or see violence, turn back on" level.

My inability to do exactly this has been causing me no small amount of stress the last couple of weeks. I try to sit quietly, lights off, no screens, etc., and all of a sudden my mind wants to remind me of 93 different things I've thought about in the last 2 weeks, all at once.

I also have this strange thing that when I sleep, my subconscious tends to work on things that have been bugging me. Sometimes it's very helpful. Sometimes I'll go to sleep wondering how to solve the problem and wake up having apparently figured it out sometime in the night. But sometimes, especially recently, it's just made sleep something less than restful.

Even things like diphenhydramine and cyclobenzaprine don't always help. Sure, they'll put my body to sleep. My brain, however, is apparently not having it.

Me, to the hubby when he says I'm beautiful: I wish I could see myself through your eyes... :(

Seriously, decades of gaslighting by toxic folk and low self-esteem can do a number on how we view ourselves.  To the point that when someone does offer a genuine compliment, our brains can't accept it.

59 minutes ago, Pariah said:

My inability to do exactly this has been causing me no small amount of stress the last couple of weeks. I try to sit quietly, lights off, no screens, etc., and all of a sudden my mind wants to remind me of 93 different things I've thought about in the last 2 weeks, all at once.

I also have this strange thing that when I sleep, my subconscious tends to work on things that have been bugging me. Sometimes it's very helpful. Sometimes I'll go to sleep wondering how to solve the problem and wake up having apparently figured it out sometime in the night. But sometimes, especially recently, it's just made sleep something less than restful.

Even things like diphenhydramine and cyclobenzaprine don't always help. Sure, they'll put my body to sleep. My brain, however, is apparently not having it.

This is natural and happens to increase your wellbeing.  Unfortunately for you though it occurs at the wrong time. 

A restless mind has hurt my sleeping for much of my life.  Reducing my daily caffeine to zero and generally reducing all sugar intake has helped with my sleeping in the last few years.  Also, eating earlier, reducing evening snacking, and strictly adhering to a set bedtime.

PS:  Also, my white noise machine has been a big help.

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

I absolutely hate that for you.  :(   Seriously, though: I figured there'd be at least one guy out there who couldn't do it.  As I said, I won't speak for all guys, but you are the first guy I... uh... "know?"-- that can't do it.  Most of us aren't even aware we're doing it until we're called out in the middle of it.

And I won't attempt to speak for _any_ of them, but thus far, I have never met a woman who _can_ do it.  Puzzling.

3 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Me, to the hubby when he says I'm beautiful: I wish I could see myself through your eyes... :(

Seriously, decades of gaslighting by toxic folk and low self-esteem can do a number on how we view ourselves.  To the point that when someone does offer a genuine compliment, our brains can't accept it.

Did you ever stop to realize that you may be the only women on this entire site?  Don’t take me wrong, I’m glad there’s somebody here to represent.   But you’re kind of like the Wendy to our Lost Boys.  Thank you very much for putting up with our uncouth a$$es.

59 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

That's a sweet sentiment, Tjack, but there's at least Opal who comes to my mind immediately. I'm sure I could think of others if I made the effort. ;)

I did say “may” and I see posts from Cygnia a lot. I’m not too familiar with Opal.  But at any rate, as genteel as we try to be, when the subject turns to women things start to take on a locker room feel.

Considering their relative scarcity on RPG boards and even in non-DnD RPGs in general-  

And _especially_ after "the incident" here back...   Good God?!  Has that been 20 years ago?!   Anyway, LL and a tiny handful of others will know what I am referring to-

I just assume everyone here is a guy regardless if name or profile picture.  I do that a few other places as well, having discovered I am wrong less frequently that way than I was when i assumed everyone claiming to be a woman was in fact a woman.  😕

I may be making a mistake just posting this explanation.  Can we still get banned for referencing the incident?

35 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

Considering their relative scarcity on RPG boards and even in non-DnD RPGs in general-  

And _especially_ after "the incident" here back...   Good God?!  Has that been 20 years ago?!   Anyway, LL and a tiny handful of others will know what I am referring to-

I just assume everyone here is a guy regardless if name or profile picture.  I do that a few other places as well, having discovered I am wrong less frequently that way than I was when i assumed everyone claiming to be a woman was in fact a woman.  😕

I may be making a mistake just posting this explanation.  Can we still get banned for referencing the incident?

Well now I’m curious.  Is there a PC/Rated G version of the story you can tell?  After all you can’t watch where to step if you don’t know where the mine field is.  (It’s a lousy analogy, but it’s what I’ve got.)

21 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

The one I hate the most is, "Does this outfit make me look fat?" Trust me, there's no answer a woman can't twist to make you feel like a jerk.

Actual example, from when I replied, "No, you look perfect in everything."

"So you like me to look fat?" 🤦‍♂️

An old colleague once suggested "Nope, your hips already took care of that."

An old SINGLE colleague, needless to say...

While I was working retail down south, we had a bit of a unofficial employee get-together. It was a really fun party. I ended up giving piggy-back rides to one of the girls --  I think I carried her around for at least two hours.

talking to her at work the day after: "Oh man, yesterday was real fun! And that piggy-back ride ... Say, you know, you're not at all as heavy as you look!"

She says that her friends still remind her of that, fifteen years later.