Funny Pics II: The Revenge

That's not wrong, actually.

Consult Ian Fleming's letter to the wife of the ornithologist whose name Fleming appropriated for agent 007.  In the linked page, scroll down to the 2nd page of the letter, and start with the paragraph reading "In return..."

AFAIK the ornithologist never obliged Fleming.  OTOH, I have known someone who was in the asteroid-discovery racket and got several such named.  I wasn't around him long enough to have had one named after me, but my first postdoc boss was, as was at least one of the departmental secretaries at the same place.

On 1/25/2022 at 10:33 PM, Duke Bushido said:

I recognize the old and accurate saw about having to explain a joke, but I do not know anywhere near enough about sportsball to have any idea what is going on here....

Hints?

Well so far I can determine, Utah has no major league baseball team and therefore, I assume, no major league baseball stadium.  

9 minutes ago, Clonus said:

Well so far I can determine, Utah has no major league baseball team and therefore, I assume, no major league baseball stadium.  

But it would be a place with enough room for three Mormon guys to go see their wives and kids.

On 1/23/2022 at 7:37 PM, Duke Bushido said:

I absolutely hate that for you.  :(   Seriously, though: I figured there'd be at least one guy out there who couldn't do it.  As I said, I won't speak for all guys, but you are the first guy I... uh... "know?"-- that can't do it.  Most of us aren't even aware we're doing it until we're called out in the middle of it.

And I won't attempt to speak for _any_ of them, but thus far, I have never met a woman who _can_ do it.  Puzzling.

I've never been able to turn my brain off.

On the other hand, I always have an answer for when my wife asks me what I'm thinking about.

I'm just honest and tell her exactly what I'm thinking about. Usually I can consciously link whatever bizarre thing which is running through my mind back through a Rube Goldberg machine to get back to something we were talking about earlier or heard on TV in passing which triggered the whole train of thought to come about.

And my wife shakes her head in amazement and temporarily learns not to ask that question again.