Funny Pics II: The Revenge

5 hours ago, Pariah said:

It's a geology thing. Google the term "spathic" for more details.

So "cleve" is a verb instead of a noun? But what do they cleave in Cleveland? (No "a" BTW.)

3 hours ago, Cygnia said:

So what was he named after? Still doesn't tell me what a cleve is. (Again, no "a".)

But thank you both for your efforts. And for giving me an excuse to exercise my pedantry. :nya:

On 12/28/2022 at 7:41 PM, Cygnia said:

sp12282022-fixed.png

So here we are, some years ago, during the (blessedly brief) resurgence of Cornhole- people making and selling custom boards and designer beanbags and me screaming internally "would you please stop calling it that?!" every few minutes because job #2 (the building supply yard) has a shop that cranks out Adirondack,chairs, patio swinga, picnic tables, and a few other things, and the owner decides to "catch the wave" (ie, capitalize on the trens immediately) and he puts the shop on cranking out designer boards for it.

Now by tradition, as our storefront is dead in a strip of historical buildings, he volunteers us for every community thing, including the trick-or-treat for kids grade 4 and under.  He geneeously donates our hard-earnes employee fund to buy a mountain of candy (bothersome only because he himself is a multimillionaire) and we take turns passing it out as the kids walk down the sidewalk and beyond our door.

There is a "regular" trick or treat an hour or so after xloaong time doe rhe older kids, and the town makes a mini street festival out of it.  We also have a small lumber warehouse that fronts onto this sidewalk, and every year we have to clear a big area of it so he can set up little party games for the younger children.

On this particular year, he decides to set up a dozen or so of the boards so we could explain to parents "why yes; we do sell them here; of course we can do custom boards," and whatever else.

It doesn't catch on with the little kids until he decides to wipe out the rest of the employee fund at the store across the block to buy prizes for the kiddies for "winning" this horribly-named game.

The last straw was him standing by the door, chatting up parents with young kids and inviting them in  so the kids could play games and win prizes.

Granted, as this is a tradition, moat parents knew we had games and such set up, and several were sort od disappointed at the lack of our usuals, and at one point he replies "well this year, we thought we'd spend the evening cornholing with the little children, at which point I set my bucker of "prizes" on the sidewalk in front of him, looked at the five or six adults he was talking to and said "Oh, He'll no!  We ain't doin' that, not now; not ever, and I am l am leaving  bedore I have to hear anything that sounds remotely like that again!"

I grabbed my helmet, walked out to the bike, and I _left_.

Got in all kiinds of hot water about it, and I straight up didn't care.

Finally, during the dressing down, I interrupted him and asked him "how many times dis you tell people we were cornholing with the little children?"

"I dont know- there were three or dour dozen groups asking about the games-"

Great!  Let me tell you what it means.

Then I told him, and he looked sick.  Bad sick.

"_And that_, Mr. boss, is why I left.  I couldnt here that crap one more time.  Wish I had never heard it the first time!"

Fortunately, the corn hole reneisance ended just a few months later, as wierdly as it arrived.

I have _nightmares_ about hearinf him say that.

No: not a joke.  There is nothing about that one sentence that doesnt make me physically ill.

6 hours ago, Starlord said:

I assume Fred is part of the 'Reptilian' conspiracy and Daphne is a generic 'Alien' from abduction stories and such.  I'm not sure what cryptids are though.

Cryptids are animals that cryptozoologists believe may exist somewhere in the wild, but are not believed to exist by mainstream science. Cryptozoology is a pseudoscience, which primarily looks at anecdotal stories, and other claims rejected by the scientific community.

2 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

322871851_862226281496039_17386593925834

Do you consider this a benefit or drawback?