Coronavirus

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Got the RSV shot 3 weeks ago, figured that should be plenty to het any adjustment I might need to happen.  And the new Covid vaccine's out.

So last night I went to the Walgreens web site;  CVS isn't an option, as they don't take my insurance carrier.  Figured I'd look at Thursday or Friday...nope.  No slots available for the vaccinations I want...flu and Covid.  Monday?  Nope.  Well, that's not overly surprising.

But well, maybe it was late night, and you know how it goes sometimes, maybe it's a little out of whack.  So I go back today.  
Still no Thursday.  *1* slot left on Monday, 10 am.  That's doable...fine.

I'd assume it's tight-ish Covid vaccine supplies.  I'm actually glad, tho, that it's still being taken seriously by many, at least judging from this.  That Walgreens generally has a LOT!!! of slots to do this.  

8 hours ago, Old Man said:

Well deserved.  It's really underreported what a miracle the mRNA vaccines were.  IIRC the tech had just been approved for human trials when covid hit.  Without it we'd have had to wait at least another six months for a vaccine, and even then it might not have worked as well.

and would need another 6 moths as each significant variant appeared.

PSA: Tomorrow, October 4, at 220pm EST, FEMA will conduct an emergency alert test that will broadcast through all cell phones, TVs, and radios.  The 5G signal will be picked up by nanoparticles of graphene oxide and activate the Marburg virus that has been implanted in those of us who have been vaccinated, turning us all into zombies.

One of those sentences is true.

The funny part is, once I heard that particular conspiracy theory, I couldn't help but try to figure out how to actually make that work.  Like, could you make particles of graphene oxide that would pick up 5G signals?  It would be hard since IIRC 5G is on the microwave spectrum and would not penetrate deeply into tissue... and how would you strategically implant the Marburg (or any) virus in the brain in such a way that it would zombify its host?  It really seems like there would need to be some kind of logic component, like a Bill Gates microchip...

25 minutes ago, Old Man said:

PSA: Tomorrow, October 4, at 220pm EST, FEMA will conduct an emergency alert test that will broadcast through all cell phones, TVs, and radios.  The 5G signal will be picked up by nanoparticles of graphene oxide and activate the Marburg virus that has been implanted in those of us who have been vaccinated, turning us all into zombies.

Probably The other thread would be better for this discussion, but if you were to embed the Marburg viruses in graphene microparticles, then hitting the graphene with the right microwave frequency would excite vibrational modes in the carbon-sheet matrix that would release the viruses into the ambient air.  These Marburg Virus Landing Craft Particles (MVLCPs) then need to be delivered in quantity into sensitive zones well-stocked with the selected target population.  Assuming you fabricate the viruses off-site (there are obvious reasons you'd do that) and embed them in the graphene where the viruses are produced, then put canisters with the MVLCPs in the climate control systems of high-leverage sites where there's a concentration of your target demographic.  If you go for obvious places like government complexes, financial centers, and so on, you're just asking to be found out, of course, unless you can piggyback your delivery system onto another unit that satisfies some new regulatory requirement so novelty is to be expected and the safety inspectors are even less adequately trained than usual. 

OTOH, if you add another layer on your delivery strategy and start up a shell corporation selling cut-rate heating & air conditioning maintenance services to businesses with a specialty in tailoring your services to satisfy local regulations for minimum cost, you could probably get strong penetration into Wal-Mart, Costco, Walgreens, and CVS outlets in the US.  Once you've achieved the penetration your plans require, then have your operatives start lots of low-intensity fires in large areas upwind of the urbanized areas of the country, which will have the effects of (1) putting lots of customers into those businesses looking for home units to remove ambient smoke (you can sell those too, of course), or (2) put lots of cool air moochers without any intention of buying anything into those same facilities.  Either way, you're well on your way to being able to induce LSPZ (Large Scale Population Zombification) as suits your plans.

2 hours ago, Cancer said:

Probably The other thread would be better for this discussion, but if you were to embed the Marburg viruses in graphene microparticles, then hitting the graphene with the right microwave frequency would excite vibrational modes in the carbon-sheet matrix that would release the viruses into the ambient air.  These Marburg Virus Landing Craft Particles (MVLCPs) then need to be delivered in quantity into sensitive zones well-stocked with the selected target population.  Assuming you fabricate the viruses off-site (there are obvious reasons you'd do that) and embed them in the graphene where the viruses are produced, then put canisters with the MVLCPs in the climate control systems of high-leverage sites where there's a concentration of your target demographic.  If you go for obvious places like government complexes, financial centers, and so on, you're just asking to be found out, of course, unless you can piggyback your delivery system onto another unit that satisfies some new regulatory requirement so novelty is to be expected and the safety inspectors are even less adequately trained than usual. 

OTOH, if you add another layer on your delivery strategy and start up a shell corporation selling cut-rate heating & air conditioning maintenance services to businesses with a specialty in tailoring your services to satisfy local regulations for minimum cost, you could probably get strong penetration into Wal-Mart, Costco, Walgreens, and CVS outlets in the US.  Once you've achieved the penetration your plans require, then have your operatives start lots of low-intensity fires in large areas upwind of the urbanized areas of the country, which will have the effects of (1) putting lots of customers into those businesses looking for home units to remove ambient smoke (you can sell those too, of course), or (2) put lots of cool air moochers without any intention of buying anything into those same facilities.  Either way, you're well on your way to being able to induce LSPZ (Large Scale Population Zombification) as suits your plans.

I see you've put some thought into this.

I approve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BarretWallace said:

I've either never caught it, or had it and never knew it.  I've been tested several times and came back negative each time.

I'm the same.  

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

I'm up to six shots now.  Seriously, how many will it take before my mutant powers manifest?  I'm not even slightly magnetic.

Have you asked if they can add some spider venom to the vaccine?  Maybe that would work.

1 hour ago, Cygnia said:

I'd settle for instant 5G...

I would dearly love to have the ability to hit somebody else with 5G of force.