Coronavirus

Steve

So far, none reported in Tennessee, but I put that as testament to our absolutely terrible support for those that get ill.... we're not equipped to find it, so it cant' exist ;)

I exaggerate a little ;)

However, it's going to get here soon if it isn't already. Tennessee is one of those states that's 'on the way through' to other states

We’ve had tourists come through who were subsequently diagnosed positive. Two who went back to Japan a couple of weeks ago, and one from the newly quarantined plague ship. I mean cruise ship. 

No positive tests here yet but testing only started this week so who knows?

I’m in Massachusetts, one of the States that’s had somebody come down with it, but everything seems pretty calm so far.

Boston has a lot of universities with students from all over the world so there’s a lot of worry about what’s going on back home.

We've got it in Georgia as well, and it's been in Florida for a couple of weeks.  Yet half the people I know are making plans to go to the massive throngs that gather for Bike Week (not going this year, but if I were to be honest: it's purely a financial decision).

So.....

All those video games about plagues, etc?

They all got it wrong.  Plagues don't spread in spite of all the massive precautions we take.  Plagues spread because as a singular group, humans beings are stupid as hell.....

Home is Sacramento, so ground zero of patient zero of the pandemic. Thankfully I travel for work in healthcare visiting hospitals all over the country and I'm on airplanes constantly and not in Sacramento. Oh wait... maybe that's not a good thing. I fly to Chattanooga next week, then southern California the following, and then Reno for about three weeks. So, I'll be constantly surrounded by people, that should help make my immunity system stronger, right?

Montgomery County, MD just reported 3 cases.  They're one county over from me and adjacent to DC.  So this is about to impact the document review/e-discovery industry big time.  I expect there's a lot of discussion with clients about remote review(i.e., letting reviewers work from home).  

Well here in California, no one is panicking, other than the fact that Msks and hand sanitizer has diappeared from the shelves.  But stores in the SF Bay Area seem to have flats of water , and bulk beans and rice vanishing.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/coronavirus-live-updates-countries-scramble-outbreak-case-numbers/story?id=69381834

Me? I have my supplies all ready laid in, and I never leave my house anyway except for Doctor's appointments, and perishable groceries. I am expecting them to cancel KublaiCon. (Memorial Day Holiday). Large companies are already backing out of Comic-con in San diego.

I'm in Washington state, just up the road twenty minutes or so from the epicenter of our outbreak. I could pick up some OT manning entry control points at work, then again, I'm over 50 and have asthma, so I'm going to take a pass on that. Going to do my  short weeks and long weekends until this blows over. Rest of the family working from home starting today and tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Note that the virus is more effective against people on the wrong side of 50, who are afflicted with a Y chromosome.  I suspect that this subspecies of human is disproportionately represented on this forum, so please stay safe everyone.

As an example of said individuals, I appreciate your sentiment. As mentioned earlier, I'll be engaging in some robust travel for the next few weeks, starting with a trip through O'Hare on Monday. The one good thing is that my customers are hospitals, so I'm always close to assistance should I need it. Wish me luck.