Highlander

Greywind

I have a problem here...

If it's bad, then...I hope it doesn't happen, of course.

If it's good then...wait...how can we say "there can be only one!!!"

The other interesting question is, when in the Highlander timeline are they going to place this?  You DO NOT want to repeat the placement of Highlander I because...if it works, well, that should be the end of it.  The game's over.  

It'd be great if this does come out, if it's good, and if Cavill gets better known for whichever role he takes than for Superman.  Flip that bird at DC!  

1 hour ago, unclevlad said:

I have a problem here...

If it's bad, then...I hope it doesn't happen, of course.

If it's good then...wait...how can we say "there can be only one!!!"

The other interesting question is, when in the Highlander timeline are they going to place this?  You DO NOT want to repeat the placement of Highlander I because...if it works, well, that should be the end of it.  The game's over.  

It'd be great if this does come out, if it's good, and if Cavill gets better known for whichever role he takes than for Superman.  Flip that bird at DC!  

Reboot.

4 minutes ago, Old Man said:

The entire point of Highlander is to be bad. 

I’m not crazy about picking a fight with someone so much senior here, but you’re flat out wrong.  Highlander was and is a perfectly fine movie.  One that I happened to watch only a few days ago so it can’t be said that I’m remembering it thru rose colored glasses.

The casting of a Frenchman to play a Scotsman and a Scotsman to play an Egyptian pretending to be Spanish was pretty shaky accent-wise, but both actors did a memorable job in their roles.  The script and concept were solid and nobody could have anything bad to say about that soundtrack.

Sorry I may have gone a little overboard over a one sentence diss of a movie but this one has some good memories attached to it.  There are a lot of bad movies I love and freely admit are awful, but this isn’t one of them.

You should see the fight I put up when somebody slams Buckaroo Banzai.  🤗

49 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Its a bit long and not great but it is pretty entertaining and had an interesting concept.  The three main actors did a fine job with it.

Are you talking about the movie or my review of it?  Either way you may be right.   The series on the other hand was pretty weak but comparable to what was on TV during that era. Especially for syndicated shows.  I do know people who met Adrian Paul at conventions and had very nice things to say.

7 hours ago, Tjack said:

Are you talking about the movie or my review of it?  Either way you may be right.   The series on the other hand was pretty weak but comparable to what was on TV during that era. Especially for syndicated shows.  I do know people who met Adrian Paul at conventions and had very nice things to say.

Adrian Paul went to GenCon and my friend who lives in Milwaukee met him. Said friend was a real Highlander the Series fan. He was expecting the worst but said that Adrian Paul was a nice guy. He has a picture of Mr Paul on the microphone during the seminar or whatever you call it when the actor meets the fans and answers questions. Yes this was the age before selfies.

34 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

He's not Spanish. He's Egyptian. 

*Edit - I see Tjack beat me to it.*

But this is a hard no from me. The original is a classic and should be left alone. 

That’s what happens when you go against Tjack... 🎶The 147th fastest keyboard in the west!🎶

1 minute ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Your name wouldn't happen to be Irving, would it?

Nope, I’m Tjack...Big Tjack....Big Short Tjack....Big Short Overweight Tjack...147th Fastest Keyboard (BANG!) in the West!