Merry XMAS!

specks

Durn straight!

Just got back home from Christmas Eve dinner -- we were almost everyone, missing only my sister and her boyfriend, who are down in Skåne to celebrate with his relatives. Fourteen people! The noise level! Got a touch of tinnitus going. The food was good and plentiful enough; the ham was a bit dry, but the meatballs were homemade and succulent. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- my family are good people and I love them dearly. I just wish they were a tad less loud.

Happy Newtonmas, too! Or if you prefer, a Super Saturnalia! And an honorable Feast of the Long Night, for all the Klingons out there.

We are well supplied with Christmas cookies, so all is well.

ADDENDUM: And lefse! It just isn't Christmas without lefse.

No krumkake this year, though. Krumkake must be light, crumbly, and melt-in-your mouth. My niece tried making some, but it has the consistency of jerky. I suspect that to make proper krumkake you must spend decades of apprenticeship. Like becoming a wizard, only with old church ladies.

Dean Shomshak

Edited by DShomshak

and welcome to Christmas Old Man as it is now 2:00 am there.

But we lose Bazza in another hour as it is 11:00 pm there

EDIT: And how do you know it is Christmas in Britain ?

Simple !

The war films are on. Where Eagles Dare , The Great Escape and The Battle of Britain for example

Edited by death tribble