Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Teenage Mutant Ninja...Polar Bears?

Great image. Nice coloring. Is it even a polar bear? I'm reading the name as braunt, how does it relate to the character?

Thanks ... Braunt is a polar bear, as well as being training in the way of the ninja ... I'm working on the write-up, so all will be revealed then ;)

Hey, some o' you all need to learn how to resize your pics. Anywhere from 400 to 500 pixels tall will fit nicely on a computer screen without all the scrolling to see the entire pic. Truly, 'tis a habit well worth learning!

Mags

- From one who goes from southern to Thor-speak in a single post... Rep to me, I deserve it!

The bandoliers were supposed to evoke a "skull and cross-bones" effect. Actually, the character has been running around since the 1650's; I worked up the evolution of his costume (more or less) from the "gentleman highwayman" look from back then, until this modern costume. His family were killed by pirates, and he took their flag to use as his original mask.

Oh...he was killed by the pirates, too. But...he came back ;)

Well, the open mouth was supposed to be evocative of Batman's mask, but not identical. The mask is also armored underneath, and at least his protects more of his face.

...Now Im gonna have to modify a version and see what he looks like with a full-face mask.... :)

Hey, some o' you all need to learn how to resize your pics. Anywhere from 400 to 500 pixels tall will fit nicely on a computer screen without all the scrolling to see the entire pic. Truly, 'tis a habit well worth learning!

Mags

- From one who goes from southern to Thor-speak in a single post... Rep to me, I deserve it!

So's providing nice, big images that others can scale down if they wish. For a quick pick, a small image is better, but if you're offering it up to people to use, a larger image offers more options. :)

So's providing nice' date=' big images that others can scale down if they wish. For a quick pick, a small image is better, but if you're offering it up to people to use, a larger image offers more options. :)[/quote']

You can also put a height descriptor in the img line that's smaller than the image and let browsers do the resizing. Best of both worlds.

Here's SERAPHIM' date=' the Eliza Dushku-looking regenerating martial artist in my current Hero game. Im especially proud of this costume :D[/quote']

I like this one a lot. I think that I'm going to st**l... >AHEM< ... borrow her. The legs look a bit long (I mean, they do go all the way up to her armpits after all :D), but it works in that comic-book sort of way. Great work. Is there more?

So's providing nice' date=' big images that others can scale down if they wish. For a quick pick, a small image is better, but if you're offering it up to people to use, a larger image offers more options. :)[/quote']

Larger images can be requested on a case by case basis, then emailed to whoever wants it.

It's not necessary to post them that large initially. Nothing irks me more than having to scroll sideways just to read a post. Having to scroll up and down just to see the entire picture is a close second.

Mags

Larger images can be requested on a case by case basis, then emailed to whoever wants it.

It's not necessary to post them that large initially. Nothing irks me more than having to scroll sideways just to read a post. Having to scroll up and down just to see the entire picture is a close second.

Mags

Different strokes, I guess.

Guest bblackmoor

Having to scroll up and down just to see the entire picture is a close second.

That sentiment is pretty much universal. It's one of the first things you learn when doing web development.

Guest bblackmoor

...Im sorry if my inability to resize things is causing aggravation.

It isn't difficult. Tell me what software you are using, and I'll walk you through it.

Hi all. Im going to try to post a pic or two. Im a semi-professional artist; my roomate and I drew all the cardboard figures for the "Stand-Ins" line available at RPGnow.com. (We did alot of the coloring too, but the editors wife did some also).

Anyway, for a long time now weve used what we call "Heroforms"; blank figures that I drew a while back, just to give a good idea of the overall costume. Im going to try to post the costume for Revenant. Hes our current campaigns "dark brooding avenger of the night" type. Hope you all like him :)

Cool,Can you do some PC pics for me? It's been a while and I've haven't heard from Starlord and I need some pics for my teen hero campaign. :help:

Im going to try to post the costume for Revenant. Hes our current campaigns "dark brooding avenger of the night" type. Hope you all like him :)

he's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY cooler looking than NIGHT-DUCK...er....GOD-AWFUL-LOOKING-HAWK....er, um....NIGHTHAWK....

• 1 month later...

Remember the days when the Superhero images thread used to be on page one all the time?

Well, I just sorta found out why it's not there. Between the upload size limitation of 1mb total and the now broken links, this thread is nearly useless. :(

Just thought I'd lament.

Remember the days when the Superhero images thread used to be on page one all the time?

Well, I just sorta found out why it's not there. Between the upload size limitation of 1mb total and the now broken links, this thread is nearly useless. :(

Just thought I'd lament.

Yeah, it really is a bummer.

PS - btw, I'm glad to host images for people, but so are others here, too, so I'd hope people aren't letting the quota bite them now

Well, I am going to wait for a little bit longer until a good vb export template is finished, and they are getting close. Then I'll start up my character threads again.

as for art, I'll have to head to the M&M boards to see what Storn is up to and then we'll need to coordinate a little more around here.

My art sucks so there's no great loss there...

Here's a pic...Actually, I think I've posted it before on the NGD some time back, but what the hey, I just figured I'd post something.

Those of you from back in the day may remember him. It's Cryotron, from Enemies III (ACK!!!), I believe.

The reflection is of a player's character named Firestone, who's about to give ol' Cryotron a fist full of fire. Further in the back, it looks like another player's character, Bison, being fired upon by IIRC, Rainbow, also from Enemies III...but I could be wrong on that one.

Also, if anyone wants to critique the piece, please feel free. All opinions, good and bad are appreciated.