Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Hello all,

It's been forever since I posted here(like pg. 106). I haven't done much work lately, my PC crashed and killed about 95% of my Art files......sighhhhhhh. Anyway, this is a very simple pic, that I drew at work, in about 2 minutes. The original pic was done with a black and red pen and was about 2" x 3", I dressed it up with my Scanner utility. The character is Kyoji, he's a beginning level ninja with Origami powers, the sword is Origami, energized with his spirit energy.

Well, give me the description and I'll see what I can do. ;)

Mags

Sorry about the delay.

Basicly, she looks like a liveing anime charater. Her eyes are realy big and brown, her hair is reddish-blond and styled in long sausage curls. She wears a short white dress with littel red hearts all around it, long white gloves, long white boots, and a golden "magical girl wand" tiped with a red, heart shaped crystal.

Of course, this is "her" hero ID. Out of it, John looks like a normal anime obsessed white guy...well, normal considering that he dosen't have a gut yet...

Guest bblackmoor

As a general rule, I do not care for the character drawings made with Hero Machine. I could list a whole bunch of things I don't like, but it boils down to a matter of taste. However, I did make this one drawing that I actually liked. A lot. I even went on to use it for a character. Without further ado, I present Doctor Zero (originally he was called Doctor Neutron, but he changed his nom de guerre when the government scientists figured out that his power was not, in fact, based on the manipulation of neutrons).

Is anyone else nauseous, all of a sudden?

(Just teasing. I have characters every bit as creepy.)

You think your creap out? Heck, HE is creaped out by the ideal. The only thing keeping him from chucking the entier ideal and just vegging on Gundum till the second comming is Yuri, the "Luna" of his life (who is, in reality, a young oriental dragon).

Sorry about the delay.

Basicly, she looks like a liveing anime charater. Her eyes are realy big and brown, her hair is reddish-blond and styled in long sausage curls. She wears a short white dress with littel red hearts all around it, long white gloves, long white boots, and a golden "magical girl wand" tiped with a red, heart shaped crystal.

Of course, this is "her" hero ID. Out of it, John looks like a normal anime obsessed white guy...well, normal considering that he dosen't have a gut yet...

I must've missed a whole day or something... what?

Which character is this? Either I'm confoozeled, big time, or is this art request out of the blue?

Mags

EDIT: Never mind. I found the original post. Ok. Give me a few days... but I don't draw anime, so you might not like it. :)

Mags (again)

EDIT: Never mind. I found the original post. Ok. Give me a few days... but I don't draw anime, so you might not like it. :)

Mags (again)

That's alright...if s/he was a 'real' Marvel charater or DC charater interacting in there 'real' worlds, chances are s/he woulden't acualy look like an anime charater eather. Besides, I can always say the image was from a local newspaper's "artest redition" thing (like the 'devil' version od Dairdevil in the movie of the same name).

Which reminds me...any of you guys had any of your charaters done in such an "artest redition" for the newspaper style?

Here's one I did a while back for a friend of mine. The Character's name is Topaz, The group was playing a team where every character was named for a gem or precious stone. The team leader was called Signet and had a ring with all the character's stones in it. He could use his mental powers on the stones in the ring and communicate with the corrisponding team member.

My friend wanted a big muscle bound, monster truck lovin, pro wrestling emulator. That's what he got.

Another from the team. Originally he was called Obsidian as you can see in the pic but later the player changed his name to Jade because of the chamion's character in the main book which was called obsidian...

Incidently this character was played by the brother of the guy who played topaz.

Two things Herophiles.

I know there is a site that lets you design constumes in the DC Universe style of cartoons. I thought I had bookmarked the site, but I guess I didn't. Does it still exist and can someone please post the link?

I have a number of character templates that have been posted on the boards before. My favorite is one by Albert Deschene (not sure about spelling). I've actualy had that set for years and have used it many times. It is saved as a PDF. Whenever I go to print from Adobe Reader it will not print the character body. Only the sidebar area, though on the computer you can see the body outline. If I open it it Photoshop it doesn't even recognize there is something there on the right side of the page, it only sees the title and sidebar info. Has anyone else run into this? And if so how can it be fixed? I have printed dozens of the forms before with no problem, but now I can't and I really want to start designing some new costumes!

Thanks for your help.

Guest bblackmoor

I know there is a site that lets you design constumes in the DC Universe style of cartoons.

I don't know about that, but I do know of a site with outlines that you could download and use Photoshop to color in yourself.

Oops: strike that. The site doesn't exist anymore. It was called "DCU Animated Style Templates". Boy, am I glad I downloaded them when I found them! (Always download anything you like, because any web site can vanish at any time.)

However, here are a couple of other galleries of good quality, Timm-inspired characters:

DCU Galleries

Heroic Chicago YahooGroup (some GREAT original characters here)

I've actualy had that set for years and have used it many times. It is saved as a PDF. Whenever I go to print from Adobe Reader it will not print the character body. Only the sidebar area' date=' though on the computer you can see the body outline. If I open it it Photoshop it doesn't even recognize there is something there on the right side of the page, it only sees the title and sidebar info. Has anyone else run into this?[/quote']

I'm not sure I understand. You are trying to open a PDF file in Photoshop? Photoshop can open some PDF files, and even rasterize them, but it's not the best tool for the job, and if you want to open something in Photoshop later, PDF is not the best format.

If you would like help, you can email me the file and I will see if I can convert it over to a format that Photoshop likes better.

Guest bblackmoor

Actually, one of my longer-term (meaning, I may never actually get around to doing it) projects is to write a "Costume Shop" application in the Bruce Timm style, like I think you are describing. It would be free, of course. But if anyone knows of an existing free or open source program along that line, I'd be very interested in knowing about it (and possibly helping with its development).

Thanks bblackmoor for the link to the gallery. I found the program I was thinking of. It was in another thread. Here is the link.

Hero thread for Character Creator

There is a link on page 2 I believe for the beta of the program.

As for the other question. I have opened the PDF in Reader and photoshop. In Reader I can see the character sillouette (i know that is spelled wrong), but it won't print. In photoshop it won't even load. I"m gonna check out adobes site to see what they say.

Thanks again.

I don't know about that, but I do know of a site with outlines that you could download and use Photoshop to color in yourself.

Oops: strike that. The site doesn't exist anymore. It was called "DCU Animated Style Templates". Boy, am I glad I downloaded them when I found them! (Always download anything you like, because any web site can vanish at any time.)

Would you be willing to upload the blank templates if we asked nicely?

Pleeeeease

Guest bblackmoor

Would you be willing to upload the blank templates if we asked nicely?

I'll see if I can get in touch with the site's author, and if they grant permission, I'll mirror them all on blackgate.net.

As a general rule' date=' I do not care for the character drawings made with Hero Machine. I could list a whole bunch of things I don't like, but it boils down to a matter of taste. [/quote']

I admit HeroMachine isn't perfect, but it is useful for the artistically challenged, and you can make some decent looking costumes. I have an absolute s**t load of my own creations from when I played the original Marvel Superheroes system, 99% based on templates or traced figure outlines, some of which I am very proud of! :winkgrin:

I'm off work for three weeks (moving house and holiday). When I get my computer back up and running I'll be scanning stuff for your perusal. I also plan on doing some comparisons of my own artwork to HeroMachine 'updates' of character costumes that I've done. Sorry! :tsk::D

Oh, I only found this thread a week or so back, and I have spent about three hours a day trwling through it, and I'm only upto page 95-ish! :eek:

You guys continue to impress. Keep on scribblin'!

Speaking of scribbling. Here are two more lunchtime doodles.

One is labelled "King Victor". Why, I dunno. He just needed a name. He seems more a fantasy character but who knows.

The other I have no idea about except that she is one of the many folk who belong to "The Black Lantern", a cult that studies and employs evil in order to fight evil. As you can guess they have plenty of people who become so corrupt they don't know where the line ends.

Seems I've gone back to my ballpoint pen phase.

You guys continue to impress. Keep on scribblin'!

Speaking of scribbling. Here are two more lunchtime doodles.

One is labelled "King Victor". Why, I dunno. He just needed a name. He seems more a fantasy character but who knows.

The other I have no idea about except that she is one of the many folk who belong to "The Black Lantern", a cult that studies and employs evil in order to fight evil. As you can guess they have plenty of people who become so corrupt they don't know where the line ends.

Seems I've gone back to my ballpoint pen phase.

Those are cool pics Blue :) Love the King Victor one ... I'd hate to be Black Lantern on a cold day though ;)

Well, funny thing is that because it's 2-tone you don't realize that is merely a stipe across the middle of the top. If I look at it the way you mention, yup, that's quite provacative if it's a tube top, and she's missing her nipples or something.