The cranky thread

Hermit

Someone apparently got my debit card number (but not the pin), cloned the card, and tried to use it first in Hawaii, and then a few times in Vegas. I found out after trying to buy KFC for the gaming group and it coming up "Canceled-Declined". Called my bank, and found out that their computer flagged the card and canceled it sometime before the thieves tried to buy almost $600 of stuff at Wal-Mart. Since it was caught so early*, I shouldn't be out anything. I now get to wait for a replacement card.

*The Hawaii transaction was probably the red flag. I usually call up my card issuers before traveling and let them know where the cards might be used.

Well, hope exists. I have to take the role of personal representative for the probate and be willing to front the money for the attorney, but the news that someone with a brain, and who isn't living hand to mouth, and has access to knowledge of the legal system and is not afraid to use it, may disrupt the usual modus operandi of those diseased sodomizers of underage priapulids.

I had news today that one of my friends from high school passed away in his sleep this morning. I had last talked to him a couple of months ago, and I knew that his health was on the decline over the last several years, but this was still unexpected.

Kirk and I played a variety of RPGs back in the 80s, but probably the most influential was the first edition of Fantasy Hero. A joint campaign background for FH resulted in me creating an inept wizard named Ternaugh.

Much of my musical tastes were shaped by listening to music that he suggested. He introduced me to King Crimson, ELP, and Gentle Giant, as well as many other progressive rock groups.

Current job is driving me nuts. I was planning to quit at the end of the month, but maybe I'll do it at the end of the week. The money isn't worth losing my sanity.

Problem is, new job is still iffy. Waiting for details and not getting any straight answers. Maybe unemployment isn't so bad after all.

My condolences, Ternaugh.

Also good thoughts for Cancer and TDKguy.

I promised not to mention it because the party is embarrassed so I'll just put...someone close to me was in the hospital and we're not 100% sure why. 

And someone else close to me is having invasive tests performed.

I'm somewhat awash with worry.