• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Voyager was awesome as Star Trek didn't exist until TNG. 

...for me. Others of course are freely to enjoy TOS.

Don't make me put you on ignore.

Then don't. :) I acknowledge you may/may not like Voyager. I happen to like it. Can we agree to disagree and drop the "pretend it doesn't exist" stuff? That is all I'm asking. TNG was the Trek I got into first, enough to call myself a fan. I also enjoyed Voyager for the most part (it wasn't awesome). I've seen The Original Movie twice, the second time after TNG aired, and as a kid I had one of the cassette read-along-with-the-book with Star Trek 3 The Search For Spock. Soon, like within this week, I plan watch the TOS Tribble's episode which I found on YouTube. 

Better? 

Pangaea with modern political borders:

pangea_politik.jpg

There's a much larger version on the original website.

Now I understand why people were so afraid of Ebola showing up in the US. Guinea is right next to Miami. When, like the dinosaurs (which were atop the food chain and political structure when the map was quasi-valid) you have a brain the size of a walnut, it makes perfect sense to be concerned.

There's that old nursery rhyme:

There was a little girl, Who had a little curl, Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good, She was very very good, But when she was bad she was horrid.

This is, to me, a perfect summary of Voyager.

Consider that the episode "Threshold", widely considered the worst Trek episode in any series, was immediately followed by "Meld", perhaps the single best episode in all of Trek concerning telepathy and its effects.*

Sometimes Voyager was very good, and sometimes it was horrid.  I blame the writers.  And Chakotay.

* Not that that's setting the bar very high.  Any Babylon 5 episode involving the Psi-Corps deals with telepathy better than Trek ever did.

Now I understand why people were so afraid of Ebola showing up in the US. Guinea is right next to Miami. When, like the dinosaurs (which were atop the food chain and political structure when the map was quasi-valid) you have a brain the size of a walnut, it makes perfect sense to be concerned.

I love that you have "political structure" and "brain the size of a walnut" in the same sentence.

Some things are unchanged even by 650 million years of evolution.