Jokes

Dust Raven

It’s often a challenge to explain to strangers exactly what I do in the aerospace industry. At one gathering, I didn’t even try. I just said, "I’m a defence contractor." One of the guys was intrigued. "So, what do you put up mainly? Chain-link?"

As I helped my elderly neighbour clean out his garage, I stumbled upon an axe in the corner. "That was my grandfather's," he said, picking it up and running his fingers along the blade. "Of course, it's been through three new heads since he last used it."

My 17-year-old niece was looking for a job, so her mother scoured the want ads with her. "Here's one. A couple are looking for someone to watch their two kids and do light housekeeping." "Hel-looo!" said my niece, rolling her eyes. "I can't take that job. I don't know anything about lighthouses."

Once I'd finished reviewing my daughter's homework, I gave her an impromptu quiz. "What is a group of whales called?" I asked. "I'll give you a hint—it sounds like something you use to listen to music." "An iPod?" she guessed. "Close," I said. "But what I'm thinking of is a little smaller." "A Shuffle!"

A dull-witted king is losing a territorial dispute with a neighbouring monarch. As the fight wears on, he gets more and more frustrated until finally he roars, "Where are my two court jesters?" In seconds, two jesters appear at his side. "Okay, let’s continue," he says, "now that I have my wits about me."