Jokes

Dust Raven

A young woman is seeing her boyfriend for the last time before leaving for a six month internship in Venice. She asks him, "Would you like me to bring home something for you?"

"Yeah," he replies. "Can you bring me home an Italian girl?"

"Excuse me?"

"I've always thought that Italian girls were super hot," he continues. "So if you could bring one home with you, I think the three of us could have a lot of fun together."

"Okay," she says, "if that's what you really want."

So she leaves for Venice the next morning, and the months fly by. The internship is a rousing success. She returns home, and her boyfriend picks her up from the airport. As they're driving home, has asks her, "So, before you left, you asked if there was anything I wanted you to bring back with you...."

"I remember," she says, nodding her head.

"And...?"

"Well, I tried my hardest to do exactly what you asked me to do," she said. "But it's going to be at least another month before I find out whether it's a girl." 

Spoiler

Part one:

Wolverine strolls into the lab and throws a very bloody cloth on the table. 

It lands with wet, meaty thump.

Wolverine says, "It wasn't easy. But now you have what you need to build the gizmo which will save the world.

Mister Fantastic looks at the cloth dubiously then lifts the edge to look underneath. With a visible wince, he lowers the cloth and says, "Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. When I said that my invention needs buckyballs, what I meant was...."

Spoiler

Part 2

Mister Fantastic's explanation stutters to a halt as Wolverine's claws snick into place.

Wolverine in a voice both deep and deadly growls, "After all I went through...Make. It. Happen."

Mister Fantastic gulps audibly.

< 53 minutes later >

A cascade of lights chase themselves up and down the sides of a futuristic device, illuminating the lab in a glowing swirl of colors.

Mister Fantastic leans back in his chair saying, "Huh. I seriously didn't expect that to work...."

1 hour ago, archer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Part one:

Wolverine strolls into the lab and throws a very bloody cloth on the table. 

It lands with wet, meaty thump.

Wolverine says, "It wasn't easy. But now you have what you need to build the gizmo which will save the world.

Mister Fantastic looks at the cloth dubiously then lifts the edge to look underneath. With a visible wince, he lowers the cloth and says, "Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. When I said that my invention needs buckyballs, what I meant was...."

Not to mention what Mr. Barnes went through.

33 minutes ago, archer said:

In the famous words of someone famous: "I regret I have but one life to give for my country...."

Yeah...but he gave BOTH of something.   And I’d rather have given the life.😫

18 hours ago, Bazza said:

They say that Prudence, Faith, Charity, Hope, and Temperance, are virtues...except when they get together as Friday is 'Ladies Night'. 

That’s strange, because if you add Crystal and Champagne you get the list of dancers at the local “Gentlemen’s Club”.

I was explaining to my wife about an article from Bloomberg written by an out-of-touch economist on the topic of inflation and how to avoid its bite.  The initial contention was that inflation really only affected people who made below $300k a year, which sort of sounded like the best way to not be affected by inflation was to not be poor.  That inauspicious start was then followed up with suggestions like use more public transportation, eat lentils instead of meat, and (I kid you not) let your pets die.  Yes, you can tighten up your budget by euthanizing your pets instead of paying for their care.

My wife said "Oh my god, I can't believe they printed that!  Really?  Lentils?"

(For the record, my wife is absolutely devoted to our two cats.)