Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

And nextly, Green Slime revisted... for regular patron Death Tribble. Art direction asked for a face...

greenslime72.jpg

Just a programming note, I'm gonna be out of studio in Puerto Rico 15th-22nd. And probably out of email communication to boot.

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

What is worse than being eaten by slime ? Eaten by slime and being given a running commentary !

TEE HEE !

What is worse than being eaten by slime ? Eaten by slime and being given a running commentary !

TEE HEE !

The hero in there, though, doesn't look like he's being eaten. He's got more of an expression saying "Okay, this is embarrassing."

And nextly, Green Slime revisted... for regular patron Death Tribble. Art direction asked for a face...

greenslime72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Isn't that Mr Perfect in there?

I tend to get really antsy on vacations if I don't do some art. I can go about 3 days before getting a bit itchy. So, I've learned to always take my wee little windsor newton travel watercolor kit (which can fit in my back pocket, it really is awesome!). Now I'm not the greatest watercolorist, I really only do a lot of it when I'm doing casual, fun stuff, art for play, as opposed to professional illustration.

So, here are some shady photos of the watercolors I did while down in Puerto Rico. Since I couldn't get them to a scanner, I shot these with our digital camera.

First up, Mercedes, Millie's sister, loves angels. Mercedes was always very sweet to me 20 years ago and now that I'm back with her sister, she picked right up where she left off. Her son, Christian, was our guide on several days and is a real sweet young man. So, here is her angel.

MerchieAngel72.jpg

Next, Millie's folks go to this church in San Isabel, the town they live in. It is in a nice little plaza square and this was actually the last watercolor I did in PR on this trip. It was quick too. About an hour and 1/2,some folks in the plaza stopped by and watched me doing it.

SanIsabelPlaza72.jpg

Last, Christina, Mercedes daughter, really likes fairies. Millie's dad had picked some fresh gondules, a bean that looks like it comes in a pea pod. I've had them many times in PR cooking, but never fresh. After Don Angel had picked them, Kristina and her husband Fernando and I shucked them while having a nice little conversation. So when she asked for a fairy pic, I thought given our shared fun with gondules, it would make a nice PR fairy.

GondulesFairy72.jpg

Hope you get a kick out of these.

You know' date=' that is what I really like about Storn. He shares more than just character commissions here. It makes you feel like you really get to know the artist and the man. Keep up the great work Storn.[/quote']

Aww... thanks! I"m glad you don't mind the occasional foray outside of supers or fantasy art. I like putting it up.

Storn' date=' whatever you post in the way of art is always welcome around here. You could do a portrait of Osiris and it would be Teh Awesome. :D[/quote']

I had a champs PC called Osiris. Only played him a couple of times. I never liked the drawing I did of him though... this is like 15 years ago.