What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Season 2 of Dark Matter. This season was much better, with more character development, better stories, and a resolution to the irritating Paladin vs. Chaotic Evil Gun Bunny dynamic over-explored in season 1.

Yeah, Season 1 was fun, but the writing was a little spotty at times. I'm only 2 episodes in to Season 2, and so far I would agree they seem to have worked a few kinks out.

Although [pet peeve alert] can I say how incredibly tired I am of seeing futuristic maximum security "inescapable" prisons with worse security protocols than any small rural county lockup today? I mean okay, over-reliant on technology, sure. But have literally no copies of Corrections For Dummies survived into the future?

Although [pet peeve alert] can I say how incredibly tired I am of seeing futuristic maximum security "inescapable" prisons with worse security protocols than any small rural county lockup today? I mean okay, over-reliant on technology, sure. But have literally no copies of Corrections For Dummies survived into the future?

That wasn't fair bdh! 

You made me snort my coffee.....

Just got back from seeing Sing. In past 2 weeks have seen Rogue 1, Assassin's Creed and Sing. I enjoyed all 3 for what they were.

I would recommend Sing, especially if you are a fan of the music, but warn you, at least for me, the obvious but effective storyline endings will be bringing tears to your eyes.

Right? It's one of those things we're expected to turn our brains off for, I guess.

Since I finished Dark Matter, I was finally able to start watching Killjoys. I finished the first season and have started on the second. S1 was good fun, while S2 is a tad less so thus far.  But still very much worth watching.

I love that there is so much good SF on TV and at the theater these days.

I just watched Assassins Creed the movie. I'm not the biggest fan of the video games but I thought they did a pretty good job going from game to film with it. As you might expect, some excellent fight /action choreography. Pretty good sound track, but there were times the back music/ambient sound made it hard to hear what the actors were saying 

Killjoys is a hoot.

I watched "The Hudsucker Proxy" again -- a New Years tradition.

My favorite scene remains the orientation.

Loved Jennifer Jason Leigh in it.

She was so great at the beginning of Wrong is Right back in 1982.

I received  the Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. DVDs for Christmas, and got quite the chuckle when I got to the last episode and saw U-M's current football coach, Jim Harbaugh, as one of the "super-posse" chasing Brisco and Bowler.  Also Terry Bradshaw and a couple other pro football players whose names I don't recall.  Overall, as actors, they make good football players.  :winkgrin: