Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

And on the subject of beer:

"Good people drink good beer. Just look around any public barroom and you will see: Bad people drink bad beer. Think about it.” --Hunter S. Thompson

A quote found on one of Flying Dog Ales

And those of us who don't drink beer aren't people? :P

... And most look OK.

Except the Ukrainian sample, which may still be taking cues from the Soviet-era. Most of its contents seem to be the same colour - a MAJOR no-no as regards food presentation.

I do recall hearing that a trade/barter system usually goes on amongst the various nationalities. Everybody finds fault with their own rations, especially after several weeks / months of it - all part of human nature. Invariably, certain components of OTHER nation's rations will become very popular.

Anyhow, beats the heck out of the rations issued in previous eras.

... And most look OK.

Except the Ukrainian sample, which may still be taking cues from the Soviet-era. Most of its contents seem to be the same colour - a MAJOR no-no as regards food presentation.

I do recall hearing that a trade/barter system usually goes on amongst the various nationalities. Everybody finds fault with their own rations, especially after several weeks / months of it - all part of human nature. Invariably, certain components of OTHER nation's rations will become very popular.

Anyhow, beats the heck out of the rations issued in previous eras.

I'd hate to see the rations issued in previous eras then.

Interesting how national diets change over the years. You wouldn't have found Lamb Curry in a British solder's rations in WWII. The influx of Commonwealth immigrants has evidently altered British cuisine in some fundamental ways (many would say for the better -- in any event it's much more diverse than it was fifty years ago).

Interesting how national diets change over the years. You wouldn't have found Lamb Curry in a British solder's rations in WWII. The influx of Commonwealth immigrants has evidently altered British cuisine in some fundamental ways (many would say for the better -- in any event it's much more diverse than it was fifty years ago).

Brit.s and curry go way back - and in fact, British army rations in WW2 did include some with curry! Here's a bloke complaining about it and describing what they got to eat in Burma.

cheers, Mark

I remember Italian (I think) canned rations had the depot symbol stamped into the can, and nearly all the cans that made it to North Africa were stamped "AM". The Italian troops called the stuff Asino Morte, dead donkey, while the Germans called it Alter Mann, old man.