Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

Re: Quote of the Week From My Life.

Housemate has lent her sister her car for the day, the trade off being her sister will watch her toddler that night while we go rpg. Sister is a couple of hours late with no word or warning, and departure (and subsequent gaming) is naturally delayed.

Housemate: She has no sense of time.

Me: You'd think the sun going down might be some sort of clue.

As I wandered through class today, I saw that one of my students had a notebook that was labeled "Black Mesa Research Labs". I leaned down to him and said, "I worked at that lab once. They promised me cake. It was a lie!" He and several students around him laughed out loud. My day is complete.

As I wandered through class today' date=' I saw that one of my students had a notebook that was labeled "Black Mesa Research Labs". I leaned down to him and said, "I worked at that lab once. They promised me cake. It was a lie!" He and several students around him laughed out loud. My day is complete.[/quote']

Of course, now you need to half-convince them it might be true. :D

I made a complete stranger at the grocery store laugh out loud last night when he overheard this:

"I can guarantee one thing: The team in the yellow pants will win."

(Super Bowl reference. The Steelers and Packers both wear yellow pants.)

I made a complete stranger at the grocery store laugh out loud last night when he overheard this:

"I can guarantee one thing: The team in the yellow pants will win."

(Super Bowl reference. The Steelers and Packers both wear yellow pants.)

Thanks for the explanation. I'd have never gotten it.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that Lucius has been hearing something about a soup bowl lately.

No; a sound is something you hear. It does make a noise' date=' though.[/quote']

Looked up the word- sound is defined as auditory (heard), but noise is defined as a type of sound. Besides, it's the speed of sound, not the speed of noise. Just saying.

I notice that my twofer beer mugs are half the size of the water glasses at Chili's.

Me: Why aren't my mugs that size?

Friend: Two of those mugs fit in this!

Me: And two of those fit in one of these! *thumbs pointing at myself*

Just Herself: "I'm still me."

Me: "I'm not me. But I'm close enough to being me for government work."

Lucius Alexander

A dromedary is so close to being a palindromedary, yet infinitely far.

You reminded me. One time I wasn't feeling well, but was recovering: "I'm still not myself today, but I'm getting close enough to see me from here."

Another, when I came in to work with the beginnings of a cold: "I woke up a little hoarse this morning, but he rolled over and went back to sleep."

A number of my co-workers are looking out the windows into the parking lot. It seems that one of our (now former) employees was being arrested, and putting up one hell of a fight as they're trying to get her into the squad car.

Co-Worker 1: Any idea who that is?

Co-Worker 2: I think it was (Ms. Well-Known-Not-Liked-Lady)*

Co-Worker 1: Damn! I didn't know being a bitch was a crime..."

* It turned out to have been Some-Other-Lady instead.

my brother's boss went to the rifle range with him a weekend or two back. Apparently he wanted to go a little gangster with a Desert Eagle, and fired the thing one-handed.

Result : The recoil was enough that he punched himself in the face. And left a neat little "A" on his forehead from the mechanisms on top of the barrel.

says Ian : I spent the rest of the week going 'Ayyyyyyyy' or 'Gimme an A!' whenever I saw him. I was going to start calling him Captain America but I thought he might get annoyed

Me: "I get embarrassed when I look back at the times someone served up red herring, and I swallowed it whole."

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says, you call that a memorable quote? I've already forgotten it.