Single Most Powerful Super Hero EVER!!!

RexMundi

Re: Single Most Powerful Super Hero EVER!!!

Squirrel Girl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel_girl).

If the fight takes place in her book, bring whoever you want and they will get trounced.

She has defeated:

Doctor Doom

Mandarin

Giganto

MODOK

Thanos

Terrax

Bug-Eyed Voice

Bi-Beast

Deadpool

Pluto

In other words, the writer is the most powerful being of all.

Just wanted to thank you for the reminder about this little treasure of the Marvel Universe. I was at a friends house among a bunch of Marvel fans (I'm a DC guy myself). They accused me of hacking Wikipedia when I brought up that this character had defeated Dr. Doom. It was great!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I am a marvel nut and have a few that I think should be given some consideration:

Mr. Fantastic forget the stretching and just think of that brain. I believe that in the end with enough preparation he is a seriously deadly foe. And without that preparation he has some serious powers with stretching.

Also a wacky addition Black Bolt. I know he is a bit one sided (not completely) but he has got one hell of a side.

Careful, Plastic Man would tend to Agree. Even being Shredded and left at the bottom of the ocean for thousands of years couldn't stop Plas. From a technical viewpoint, considering what he can do, he Vastly Outclasses even some of the Force of Nature folks. Should he ever become, oh, competent, the only thing more scary, would be Foxbat, waking up one morning to discover he's being written by Ed Brubaker, and played by Bruce Campbell, while being Directed by Christopher Nolan.

~Rex

That's not scary - that's terrifying, especually if you sub Michael Mann at the top of his game for Chris Nolan.

if it helps I believe when I started the thread off what I was thinking of as a "Force of Nature" character, were things like The Beyonder, or Unfettered Lords of Order/Chaos, Galactus, a Sun Eater, things like that....

So a Herald of Galactus, or Dr. Fate (Lord of Order channeled through a helmet), stuff like that, should be good to go. Comic scale seems to be changing a lot per company anyway. DC has been on a downward trend for awhile, and Marvel has been scaling UP, so a lot of what "was" back in the day, really "isn't" anymore.

Still, folks have made some interesting picks so far. Currently revising my own list.

~Rex

Am I the only one who thinks Dr. Manhattan is way overrated? He's got a near-crippling psych lim' date=' has zero experience facing actual superpowered opposition, and doesn't think like a combatant. For all we know he could be one-punched by Spidey. And in the comic there is definitely an upper limit to his power level, because in the Cold War analysis, he can't stop all the Soviet nukes, and he can't just wipe the USSR off the face of the earth with an eyeblink.[/quote']

I don't think it was ever established positively that Dr. Manhattan could not stop or neutralize all of the enemy nukes. It's just that there was enough doubt about it on both sides that no one wanted to push the issue, which led to detente. At some point he no longer cared for all intents and purposes. Also, people keep saying that Dr. Manhattan's psych limit was his weakness. Think about it. As he became more and more disconnected from humanity, he became more and more powerful. In some ways the story showed his evolution from a humble man cursed with godlike gifts to a truly omnipotent being who was able to understand and appreciate humanity but was no longer a part of it. . C'mon, his last line in the book is something about going out to create life. Someone upthread said that his limits were the writer's understanding of how the universe works. If he really existed, would he have limits?

Plastic man is terrifyingly Powerful. Anyone that scares Batman, is not to be messed with and The Atom and Plastic Man are at the top of his list, though he also expressed great Concerns, over having to face Hawkman (Carter Hall) in a hand to hand fight.

~Rex

I think that over the years , the writers at DC have been trying to give Hawkman some more juice. In the past, he has always been an also ran. Now they frequently give him scowling, flexing moments and have other characters speak about him in hushed tones. I like the character, so I don't mind. It's a lot better than the old days of "why is that guy with the wings allowed to hang around with Batman and Superman again."

Careful, Plastic Man would tend to Agree. Even being Shredded and left at the bottom of the ocean for thousands of years couldn't stop Plas. From a technical viewpoint, considering what he can do, he Vastly Outclasses even some of the Force of Nature folks. Should he ever become, oh, competent, the only thing more scary, would be Foxbat, waking up one morning to discover he's being written by Ed Brubaker, and played by Bruce Campbell, while being Directed by Christopher Nolan.

~Rex

I think Plastic Man is very competent. He just has his own way of approaching things. Any of those gadfly Trickster characters are there for a reason. The uber powers are just there to make for bigger jokes.

As far as that Foxbat Begins movie goes all I can say is 'Why so serious?"

The problem with a lot of Rex's arugments about Chemical King, is that he appllies certian limitations to, say Dr. Strange, but not to CK. If CK had been in more than 2 issues of a comic, I'm sure he'd have been knocked out by someone, since he does have a normal human body, with normal human limitations. Any of the other characters with more cosmic powers could take him out before he even knew he was attacked. Dr. Strange could teleport him somewhere where the laws of physics didn't apply etc.

In terms of sheer power/versatility/capability, maybe we should just go ahead and give the nod to Silver/Bronze Age Superman. I'm not sure even someone like Dr. Solar, Dr. Manhattan or Chemical King could slow him down long...unless they knew his weakness to red solar radiation or to kryptonite. He may not even be vulnerable to attempts to alter or disintegrate his physical form. He's vulnerable to magic, sure, but even then, he can shatter a moon with one mighty blow and move faster than light(and even travel through time and to other universes). If your opponent is a super-genius with access to incredibly advanced technology, who's more or less completely invulnerable(outside of a carefully delineated set of exceptions), can vaporize almost any material with heat vision, generate incredibly cold temperatures and hurricane force winds, can move planets with strength to spare, can move faster than light, through time and to other dimensions/universes, has senses able to detect individual atoms at interstellar distances, and can come up with new powers on the fly and as needed, even if you know his weaknesses, Silver Age Supes going all out is still more than likely to hand you your head. Come on, he is, as someone noted, the ultimate Marty Stu. Dr. Manhattan and Dr. Solar would waste hours just trying to figure out how this guy in blue and red tights is able to not just bend or break, but shatter every law of physics there is.

The problem with a lot of Rex's arugments about Chemical King' date=' is that he appllies certian limitations to, say Dr. Strange, but not to CK. If CK had been in more than 2 issues of a comic, I'm sure he'd have been knocked out by someone, since he does have a normal human body, with normal human limitations. Any of the other characters with more cosmic powers could take him out before he even knew he was attacked. Dr. Strange could teleport him somewhere where the laws of physics didn't apply etc.[/quote']

That's a very good point actually. I'd even lean that way myself especially where Dr. Strange is concerned, but I'm also factoring in, How the characters actually act in their books, not just what they could do "If Only They Did". In Dr. Strange's case, his "What he could do" is constantly neutered by writers that seem to know little of the character (Though once, he actually DID poof someone away to a harmless spot, that someone being the Hulk, but that was a writer familier with Dr. Strange). In the LSH continuity, the weaknesses of such critters as Kryptonians and Daxamites is fairly common knowledge and for awhile the science police were rounding up Daxamites with little more then a red sun spectrum flashlight and a billy club. I'd like to lean towards the "What they could actually Do...", but all us comic readers know they Rarely do that; you rarely see the Superman Unleashed, or the Thor pulling off Unfettered Might, since they save that for an OOh or Ahhhh moment (Or, a thumb to the eye of the previous writer, heh), or simply just forget about it.

So it's very relative and definitly in the hands of what writer is cruising with the character as opposed to how we as players and gm's and such would utilize said characters powers. In relation to the power set though, having absolute control over the speed of a chemical (or energy) reaction, on or off, speed it up, slow it down, is though subtle, Insanely powerful. One thought, a guy dies. Towards the end of his career, he was capable of doing much the same to energy as well, saving the Pre Crisis Superboy from radiation that had paralyzed and was in the process of killing him. He didn't have a bad run, showing up seriously around 1968 and lasting till 77 (then up to 83 in appearences as well), then the zero hour reboot (and other reboots it IS the LSH after all, heh, should call it the Legion of Re-Boot) and a few other things. CK had a bit more then a two issue run, heh http://www.majorspoilers.com/hero-history-chemical-king...and a far better costume then Cosmic Boy as well. (We all know the horrific outfits CB has modeled in the LSH pages, heh)

If you got to get killed in a comic at least a heroic death is the way to go.....

If I had to stick with Marvel I'd probably have a different pick (and Dr. Strange would be on the short list regardless of the Bendis mangeling of the character), but with Marvel it's kind of a pain because nearly everyone is at one plateu or another then, POOF, Force of Nature. DC has a better spread of folks to pick from with more interesting and subtle power set ups like CK's.....

Hence, why I went with Chemical King, because his whole Story, was about a subtle little power, that allowed him to do great things and save the world/s/galaxy, multiple times, when the guys like Superboy and others failed.

~Rex

That seems reasonable, but if you also consider that people like Professor X and "Turn your brain off" with a thought, or make you turn your power against yourself, they both fall into the same category. Then you have people like Scarlet Witch and... Mr. Fantastic's kid, or Kovack (is that his name?), or Colossus' brother who can alter reality.

On top of that you have the enhanced beings like Silver Surfer, Specter etc. Personally I would think they would have the advantage since they can also kill you with a thought, but are "more than human" and so reactions would be quicker.

I do see what you mean though, here's this seeming innocuous guy and the writers gave them, what I'm sure they thought a cool power without fully considering the applications of that power.

Exactly! .......And that's Korvac. One of the better Story Bad Guys that popped up in The Avengers title. It's a rough call in a lot of ways and you almost have to segment it off by company then by type and toss up this barrier and that barrier, but I always liked to toss Chemical King out there as an example, of "sometimes Less really IS more..."

Still, some GREAT picks over all and the reasoning behind them just as great.

~Rex

Yeah, cause we want your Kryptonian germs and spit all over us. And have you heard of Breath Savers. Thanks a lot, Supes. Talk about Super-Dickery.

Actually, stuff like this is why I hated DC Comics as a kid.

I wasn't a fan either, back then.

The 1st edition DC Heroes RPG came out maybe just a little before or after COIE, and before the Byrne reboot of Superman. Supes had the equivalent of a 250 STR in Champions(straight conversion), and if he rolled really well and/or spent Hero Points, he could effectively double that...and lift the Sun. Killing him(without using Kryptonite or magic) was nigh impossible, and even one-shotting him to unconsciousness would take an attack equivalent to around 80 Damage Classes.

I haven't read where this showed up, but I saw a picture a while ago, so I'm probably way off "most Powerful" but I humbly submit This "altered" Guy, or a kit-bash if you will.

OH, and there is a bad-ish word in the text, it's why I linked it, so let's go with NSFW cursing (not nudity that is) just to be safe. Otherwise I would have put up the pic. But he has to be worth honorable mention.

Come to think of it' date=' that's not a bad choice. With enough time to train Goku can become strong enough to beat anyone. :rolleyes:[/quote']

And he has been killed and came back stronger than ever, because he also trained in the Other World! He can never truly be defeated!