Create a Villain Theme Team!

BoloOfEarth

Re: Create a Villain Theme Team!

Chad "Woody" Woodson has been playing the saxaphone practically all his life. Until the pact with the nether powers, however, he just wasn't all that good. The son of famed New Orleans native blues man Jimmy Woodson, Chad was expected to be a great musician. He knew how to play, true, but he just couldn't pour his soul into his music like his father. So when the opportunity arrived to become great, he jumped at the chance.

Now, as Soul Man, he plays such stirring, evocative notes on his saxophone that listeners are driven to instant depression and, with prolonged exposure, suicidal thoughts. Listeners say that it feels like he is ripping the souls from their bodies and leaving behind a gaping void. In addition to depression is a lessened sense of self-worth, making Soul Man's foes susceptible to Presence Attacks and the like.

I did this a while back, but thought I'd add it to the discussion.

America Force

Interesting group; we had a somewhat similar group (the Iron Eagles) earlier in this thread, and I'm amused that both teams have swashbuckling movie stars (in the IE's case, it was the Dashing Swordsman).

BTW, this thread is not supposed to be for presenting groups whole-cloth, but rather for someone to provide a team name, theme, and number of members, and then posters populate the team. The person to post the last member gets to select the next team.

Nonetheless, I did enjoy America First. Thanks for posting them. [Edit: looks like I'll have to wait a bit to rep you for them.]

The Crossroads are a blues band made up of men and women (Sextet) who sold their souls to nether powers to get famous.

Now these powers may or may not be demons they might just be powerful magical entities. They were a bluesrock band before, and performed some terrible sacrifices to get the attentions of their patrons. So, obviously, six members. And it's a band so let me know what instrument they play. need a drummer, guitarists, horns, etc...

Susie Styx- Susan Chasity Stickler

"Oh my god, I have SO wanted to meet you. I mean, you are an amazing drummer, and you and other women have broken SO many barriers" A voice squealed behind Susan Chasity Stickler, aka Susie Styx.

Susie turned to see college student aged woman with brown hair and no real fashion sense. However, she had a pretty good body under her concert T and baggy jeans. With a side glance to the Playgirl calender on the wall, she checked the date. A bit early, but no time like the present to pay up and recharge the old batteries.

Susie pulled her red hair from her eyes and flashed a dazzling smile upon the fan, "Thanks." She stretched languidly in a fashion that screamed complete confidence with her body. And why not? It was, after all, a hell of a body. In more ways than one. "But you seem to have me at a disadvantage. You are?"

The fan flushed at the movement, "Jennifer...Jennifer Hatcher. Sorry, I didn't mean to intrude, but they gave me this back stage pass and... well, some of those girls maybe oggling the guys, but YOU are ... I really wanted to see you."

"Nothing wrong with that lifestyle choice," Susie smirked.

Jennifer's eyes widened, "Oh. Oh, that's not what I meant, not that there's anything wrong with that I just..." she stammered.

Susie put a finger against the woman's lips to shush her, and gave a throaty chuckle, "Relax. Nice to know you also appreciate men. They are fun sometimes, aren't they?" She let her aura slide over the girl, making her receptive, clay like but not too much. The more she forced, the less it counted after all. Susie removed her finger gently, "You play, Jenny?"

"I...I sing." Jenninfer, probably soon to be known as Jenny forever said equally weakly.

"Fantastic, maybe you've got a shot for the brass ring yourself," Styx stated, planting the idea more firmly. Giving someone hope as a carrot that they'd never get was always useful.

It would go, she knew, as it usually did. She'd introduce Jenny to the 'right people', make her think she had a career. Guide her towards arrogance, vice, and make sure she alienated her friends and family. Then, and only then, would the rug be yanked out from under her, her esteem shattered, and soon, Jennifer would be 'Jenni', a dreamless prostitute.

Just like dozens of other girls Susie had corrupted and used.

Susie supposed she'd feel bad about it, if she hadn't traded her soul in for looks, fame, talent, and oh yes, power. Now? it almost made her yawn.

And the beat goes on

"I've heard so many talents," The glint of gold peeked out from behind Cotton Duvall's grin. The shock of white hair was the only thing that seemed to belie his many long years of life. He tapped his fingers energetically against the piano with a youthful exuberance. "Hank Williams Senior. Ever hear 'I'll Never Leave This World Alive'? You really should, you really should. And Robert Johnson himself...LAWD! That man could play! I taught him a few tricks, you know. Got to play with Buddy Holly before he took on that Winter Party gig. And Hendrix! Was gonna hook him up with Miles Davis. That would have been something to hear. Such a shame. I've been quite the journeyman throughout the years. Elvis. Cline. Both Buckleys -- Tim and Jeff. Gene Vincent and Eddie Cochran. Even went across the pond a few times too! Folks like Phil Lynott and Alex Harvey and even Marc Bolan. You find blues ALL over. Don't play much myself anymore these days. But I sure do know talent when I hear it. You're willing to pay your dues and I can make sure people know that talent too."

Though Cotton Duvall can still tickle the ivories as needed, his talents as the manager of The Crossroads is where he really shines. So long as the rest of the band continues to pay their terrible price to him, they won't anger The Hellhound on their trail...

The name of Phat Pat applies not only to his girth, and not even just to that and his bass playing, but also to his attitude and aspirations.

Patrick Gilmore has played bass for 25 years, first picking up the instrument in middle school. He plays every variation: electric, upright, fretless, or just about anything else the rest of the band throws at him.

He was, at his worst, above average... at least, until Parkinson's disease started to set in. He was ready to do anything -- anything -- to keep up his career, and work his way to the top.

And he did. Out of desperation, he turned to the darkest supernatural powers to reverse what Parkinson's was doing to him. Now he's fast (with his hands; not so much his feet), tough, and strong enough to take on all comers, whether on the stage or in a fistfight.

The deal made him less than pleasant to deal with. Where once he was a happy-go-lucky fellow with a zest for life, he has become increasingly contemptuous of his fellow man, especially anyone who tries to make him conform to rules and laws. He's even gone so far as to reinforce his instruments with titanium so he can swing them as weapons.

"I've heard so many talents," The glint of gold peeked out from behind Cotton Duvall's grin. The shock of white hair was the only thing that seemed to belie his many long years of life. He tapped his fingers energetically against the piano with a youthful exuberance. "Hank Williams Senior. Ever hear 'I'll Never Leave This World Alive'? You really should, you really should. And Robert Johnson himself...LAWD! That man could play! I taught him a few tricks, you know. Got to play with Buddy Holly before he took on that Winter Party gig. And Hendrix! Was gonna hook him up with Miles Davis. That would have been something to hear. Such a shame. I've been quite the journeyman throughout the years. Elvis. Cline. Both Buckleys -- Tim and Jeff. Gene Vincent and Eddie Cochran. Even went across the pond a few times too! Folks like Phil Lynott and Alex Harvey and even Marc Bolan. You find blues ALL over. Don't play much myself anymore these days. But I sure do know talent when I hear it. You're willing to pay your dues and I can make sure people know that talent too."

Though Cotton Duvall can still tickle the ivories as needed, his talents as the manager of The Crossroads is where he really shines. So long as the rest of the band continues to pay their terrible price to him, they won't anger The Hellhound on their trail...

Nice list there *cry*...well done

Most people call him Johnny Guitar. He plays the songs that make the whole world cry. He gets through life with a glad hand and a cigarette. He never had regrets about the deal he made out of necessity.

The thing is since Johnny Guitar has joined the band, things have happened. They're small things naturally, but every now and then a major coincindence happens that blows things up in the Crossroad's faces.

Johnny just smiles and provides an alibi and plays his guitar at the next gig.

CES

Paige

some want power, riches and fame.

Paige only wanted escape

from what? no one knows anymore.

an expert in poetry and lyrics

Paige lives among the words of others

studiously taking their emotions and thoughts

and singing them out on thin air

until they too are as empty as Paige.

Her real name is Melody Lear, but she's much better known for her presence online: Rumor Mel. Seventeen years old, a junior in high school, pretty (in a severe sort of way), smart enough, and possessed of the sharpest ears and tongue you can imagine. Melody cuts a fine figure at school but only feels really good about herself when she's tearing someone else down. She'll happily do that to their face, but her favorite thing to do is to take the fight onto the Internet. On the Internet Rumor Mel is a master of social media. Her victims are torn down and humiliated before millions of loyal visitors to Melody's site. Videos are uploaded. Discussion boards are monitored to ensure only the most vicious sort of personal flaying goes on.

She's pushed more than one person to suicide.

And now there's all that pressure from her parents to fill in applications and go to a good university so she can get a great job in the future and yadda yadda yadda. No thank you. Melody knows what she wants to do. She wants to take Rumor Mel to the next level. Yeah. It's time to take on the capes.

Melody loves to tear people down. The higher they fly, the more satisfying the thunk when they come crashing into the gutter. Aside from publishing lots of baseless personal rumors and taunts; unflattering pictures with caption contests; mocking cartoons; doctored video clips; and all that good stuff . . . aside from all that, Melody's willing to devote tremendous amounts of time, energy, and resources into learning a superheroes secrets. And then she'll publish them for all the world to see. Won't that be fun?

Benjamin Franklin "Benny" Vang hasn't chosen a new name for himself yet. Up until a few weeks ago, he was a fairly standard bully who relied on physical size, viciousness and hurtful language to push weaker kids around, while slinking away from people who could actually take him on. Then his mutant power to control fibers kicked in. Being new to the power, he hasn't learned a lot of tricks yet. So far he's learned untying shoelaces, tying shoelaces together, skirt flipping and pantsing. This has given him access to a wider variety of victims, and as he starts to grasp the implications of his powers, Benny will become considerably more dangerous.

ETA: 1111 posts!

DJ Ambush

Rodrick "Rod" Rhodes used to love ambushing weaker kids while they were alone, beating them down, THEN destroying their egos. Ever since he's gained the power of invisibility, ambushing has gotten a lot easier. He can now even take his tormenting of his victims all the way to their houses, and the parents of the victim won't even SEE him. Heck, more likely the kid is risking going to the funny farm, and Rod finds that hilarious. He's also stolen a few things, and spied on hot chicks (Which he can then make comments about later). No doubt his crimes are going to get worse as he gets bolder. He is currently using the nick 'DJ Ambush' when he's unseen, though he has no musical talent and only uses because he thinks it sounds cool.

About the only one who he has never been able to really ambush is a blind boy named Terry. Terry is in good shape, and has great ears it seems, and knows some judo or some @#@#. Rod, thwarted of what should have been easy prey, has grown to hate Terry.

Terry is in fact the son of a martial artist superhero named "Shatterstrike". Two years ago, when Terry lost his sight in an accident, his father began to teach him zen and blind fighting techniques to build up his son's confidence and self defense skills. Both of which obviously worked. In fact, Terry is considering trying to become a superhero despite his disability. He is inspired by his father, but the real motivation is the bullies he's "seen" running rampant lately at his school. He figures the world needs heroes like his dad, and hopefully himself one day, to protect the weak. Shatterstrike himself might become one of the Seven's collective targets if they ever decide to join Rumor Mel's quest in seeking to humiliate a hero though he's not a 'big name' or anything yet.

ZOMG! Evie, u r sooooooooooo not gonna believe this!!!!

OKOK so like, first off this town is a total dump. There's like no Starbucks anywhere! I gotta go to the mall in the next city over if I wanna do anything cool. But we got some really cool guys at least. Captain of the basketball team? So TOTALLY wants me!

SUCKED that my folks were freaking out after that nerd almost blew up the school and then they yanked me and sent me to Dumpsville to live with my aunt. I thought she was gonna be a total bitch and everything but she's SO AWESOME! She's like a lawyer or something and lets me do anything I want! She agrees with me that this town sucks, but says "it's all about survival of the fittest and that we're so fit we can survive anything". That is SO deep! Especially cause we got all these loser wimps here. One of them actaully like KILLED themselves in the middle of lunch!! Gu-ROSS! And their folks whined and bitched and tried to sue this other chick Mel (Mel is like toatlly cool BTW. She and I r liek BFF!!! Well, not like u and me r BFF cause we were BFF first LOL!). But Auntie got her off and get this? Is gonna counter sue those freaks for slander!

Oooooooh! I almost forgot. I got superpowers! Auntie's not sure what I can do exactly but she says I gotta be careful just in case the govt finds out and sends me to some freak school prison and I'm forced to help loser rejects skanks who live in the projects and stuff like that. UGH! As if! Anyway ttyl!! BYE~!!!

Nikki Gaston has what can best be described as "luck of the evil". Or maybe "luck of the incompetent". You know in the films where at the end, the mean girl finally gets her comeuppance? That's never going to happen with Nikki. She has enough unconscious level probability manipulation to ALWAYS come out on top. If she actually had a bit more intelligence and subtlety to actually focus those powers "properly", she'd be even more dangerous. As it stands now, it's bad enough she's got Motormouth as her guiding influence.

Meanwhile, Doctor Margaret McClaren just files all this information her "BFF" texts Eve for potential use for later...

Jarl Jotunheim was, until quite recently, the victim of bullying himself. In addition to his odd-sounding name, Jarl was short for his age, a little asthmatic, and scrawny. The bullies found him an easy target, and Jarl's parents were unsympathetic. They believed (or so they said) that suffering made you stronger, and that you just had to stand up for yourself to stop being bullied. Things changed last summer when Jarl was sent to his uncle's farm while his mom and dad "worked out some issues." The fresh air and exercise cleared up Jarl's asthma, and he started packing on muscle. (Not much in the way of height, though.)

Better from Jarl's point of view, when he snooped into his uncle's toolshed, he found a stash of ray guns behind a hidden panel. He took one and tried it out in the back forty. It was a shrink ray! Neat! He could use this on those bullies, cut them down to size! But he realized that a gun wouldn't get past security, probably, and was way too easily taken away. He asked if he could borrow his uncle's workshop for a while, and over a month, worked out a way of turning the gun's vital components into a sleeve he could wear under a normal shirt, with the power source concealed in his armpit.

At this point, Jarl's uncle demanded to see what he'd been working on, and froze him with another ray gun when he refused. Much to Jarl's relief, when he thawed out, his uncle wasn't angry. Seems that he, Jarl's father and mother, and a few others had worked as minions for a villainous gadgeteer genius back in the day. Said genius had specialized in various rays, and when the heroes arrested the villain, Jarl's uncle had bugged out with a armful of prototype guns. He'd decided against a solo criminal career and gone into farming, keeping the guns as a hold-out "just in case." Impressed by Jarl's redesign of the shrink ray, he's agreed to let the boy keep it, and if Jarl can show his mastery of the effects, will see about letting him have some of the other guns as well.

Back at school, Jarl used the ray to ambush a couple of the bullies who'd made his life miserable and beat the snot out of them. He found he enjoyed the sense of power this gave him, and slid down the slippery slope as he picked less and less deserving targets. Jarl's pretty much accepted that he's now a bully himself. Jarl's shrink ray halves the size of the victim, reducing their strength and durability proportionately. It lasts about ten minutes, long enough for a really good beating. So far, Jarl's been able to bluff that this is a natural ability of his; he's looking for ways to boost the ray's power so that the victims are even smaller, and it lasts longer.

He calls himself Giant now.

Cyrus Cummings, also called Pounder, is the identical twin brother to Brute of the Renegades (see post #471), and shares the same origin and personality. The two are very competitive, and compare numbers of people they've knocked out each week, each month, each year, and overall. The Renegades and the Bullies try to steer clear of each other, because when both twins get together they tend to forget about whatever their respective teams are doing and just go on a private rampage.

Mindy Combs is Mindset. She is the worst of the seven member team. She knows where the weak hide. In fact, she knows a lot of things. She is the leader of The Bullies, because she makes them follow her without them even knowing they are being forced. She likes making people do things, but like watching The Bullies beat up on weaklings even better.

Who do you think gives the information to Rumor Mel, she does know it all? Who do you think gives "Benny" ideas for new tricks? Who do you think tells "Rod" where Terry is hiding? Who do you think set up Nikki with powers, or "lead" Giant to the shrink ray, and even helped keep Pounder and Brute away from each other. Mindset set it all up and keeps it in order.

That's 7. Next group.

In the public's eyes are 7 wonderful heroes. Heroes of virtue and justice. But what the public doesn't know is that these 7 heroes have another thing in common. They are secretly super villains. You see a man known only as "The Boss" found out that these heroes take some "recovered" goods off the top from returned heists, or don't return "all" of the money from a bank robbery, or looked the other way on occasions. So he blackmails them and they work for him now. They don't even know who The Boss is. They don't know who the other 6 are either. But that's not important. When these so called heroes are "needed" The Boss puts them to work, undercover as The Hidden Agenda.

Jarl Jotunheim was, until quite recently, the victim of bullying himself. In addition to his odd-sounding name, Jarl was short for his age, a little asthmatic, and scrawny. The bullies found him an easy target, and Jarl's parents were unsympathetic. They believed (or so they said) that suffering made you stronger, and that you just had to stand up for yourself to stop being bullied. Things changed last summer when Jarl was sent to his uncle's farm while his mom and dad "worked out some issues." The fresh air and exercise cleared up Jarl's asthma, and he started packing on muscle. (Not much in the way of height, though.)

Better from Jarl's point of view, when he snooped into his uncle's toolshed, he found a stash of ray guns behind a hidden panel. He took one and tried it out in the back forty. It was a shrink ray! Neat! He could use this on those bullies, cut them down to size! But he realized that a gun wouldn't get past security, probably, and was way too easily taken away. He asked if he could borrow his uncle's workshop for a while, and over a month, worked out a way of turning the gun's vital components into a sleeve he could wear under a normal shirt, with the power source concealed in his armpit.

At this point, Jarl's uncle demanded to see what he'd been working on, and froze him with another ray gun when he refused. Much to Jarl's relief, when he thawed out, his uncle wasn't angry. Seems that he, Jarl's father and mother, and a few others had worked as minions for a villainous gadgeteer genius back in the day. Said genius had specialized in various rays, and when the heroes arrested the villain, Jarl's uncle had bugged out with a armful of prototype guns. He'd decided against a solo criminal career and gone into farming, keeping the guns as a hold-out "just in case." Impressed by Jarl's redesign of the shrink ray, he's agreed to let the boy keep it, and if Jarl can show his mastery of the effects, will see about letting him have some of the other guns as well.

Back at school, Jarl used the ray to ambush a couple of the bullies who'd made his life miserable and beat the snot out of them. He found he enjoyed the sense of power this gave him, and slid down the slippery slope as he picked less and less deserving targets. Jarl's pretty much accepted that he's now a bully himself. Jarl's shrink ray halves the size of the victim, reducing their strength and durability proportionately. It lasts about ten minutes, long enough for a really good beating. So far, Jarl's been able to bluff that this is a natural ability of his; he's looking for ways to boost the ray's power so that the victims are even smaller, and it lasts longer.

He calls himself Giant now.

You are absolutely brilliant, and you have perfectly expressed exactly what a bully really is.

Lucius Alexander

And the palindromedary notes that we still can't reputize you

. Next group.

In the public's eyes are 7 wonderful heroes. Heroes of virtue and justice. But what the public doesn't know is that these 7 heroes have another thing in common. They are secretly super villains. You see a man known only as "The Boss" found out that these heroes take some "recovered" goods off the top from returned heists, or don't return "all" of the money from a bank robbery, or looked the other way on occasions. So he blackmails them and they work for him now. They don't even know who The Boss is. They don't know who the other 6 are either. But that's not important. When these so called heroes are "needed" The Boss puts them to work, undercover as The Hidden Agenda.

Her name is Vera Burkle, but most folks know her as Jupiter Girl. Daughter of the famous hero "Jovian", she shares her dad's gravity manipulation abilities. When her powers surfaced in her teen years, her father, an old school superhero if ever there was one, pushed hard to make sure she understood the awesome obligation having these powers meant. Crime fighting was only a start. She helped with construction. She was to act as a modest role model for young girls everywhere. Perhaps he pushed TOO hard. Very soon, Vera was twenty years old, and realized her 'super life' was keeping her from having a regular job, a steady boyfriend or, for that matter, much fun period.

It started out innocently enough. She busted a smuggling ring and realized there were two brief cases full of money here. Her father's birthday was coming up, and she wanted to get him something NICE for once. And besides, the cops could make the arrest with only one as evidence, right? Turns out they could. Her dad loved the new DVD player. She felt bad about it, but that didn't stop her from using the excess to buy herself one or two nice things as well. The full body white costume with cape and jupiter symbol like dad's was ok, but what girl didn't want at least ONE 'Little black dress' all her own? Heck, maybe she'd have the guts to wear it some day.

Then came the bank heist. Jupiter Girl foiled it, but then she thought about how banks were being bailed out by tax payers dollars, and still screwing people over. Didn't that make it ok to keep a bit of that money for herself? Just to even things out? It began to give her something of a thrill to actually get away with doing what she WANTED for once.

Soon Jupiter Girl was secretly skimming here and there more and more often, even as she smiled for the reporters and told kids to eat their veggies. The papers and blogs alike declared her "A Wholesome Breath of Fresh Air" and "The Jupiter Gal next Door" . She was getting away with it. Heck, she even moved to another town to have a better chance of father never finding out about her 'harmless side hobby'.

Then came the DVD in the mail. Footage of indiscretions where she took a 'piece' of this from a bank's 'returned proceeds' , or even trophies (that was a huge diamond) from a villain's lair. Someone had discovered not just her secret ID, but what she'd been doing. At the end of the DVD, there was a warning "You'll do what I want, when I want it as part of whatever Agenda I want... or daddy gets the next copy. Get yourself a new costume for those jobs. I'll be in touch.-Boss."

Now Vera has yet another name Slamfest, supervillainess. She's learned to use her gravity powers to mimic being a brick... lifting heavy objects, knocking people back twenty feet with a single punch, and making a gravity field so tight no one notices that it is NOT supertough skin protecting her. The Slamfest costume is scandalous, meant to draw a man's eyes to her cleavage or long legs in hope they never notice her eye color or face. In her Slamfest role, she acts rude and crude to further the illusion. Now she doesn't have to be a role model, she doesn't have to be a goody two shoes. It's everything she ever wondered about...

except, she's now pretty much a slave to whoever 'the Boss' is. She tries to keep up her heroic duties too, almost to make up for criminal activities. Jupiter Girl saves puppies, stops evil agents, and then? She comes home, looks at the Slamfest costume, and cries herself to sleep wondering when the next call will come.

And the funniest/saddest part that keeps coming to her mind?

She really DOES look terrific in black.

Jovian would indeed be stunned to find out what his little girl is up to. But both the Boss and Vera are perhaps not giving him enough credit. He would stop at nothing to take 'the boss ' down if he knew, and he would inform his daughter that while she would have to confess to her crimes, he'd give up his own secret ID if that was required to make sure she got every bit of help she needed legally, psychologically, and other wise. It wouldn't be easy, especially with Vera burying herself deeper and deeper with the new crimes of the Agenda, but he'd stand by her.

Clay Plame is normally known by the moniker Zooman. Thanks to a mystical blessing in his youth, Zooman can turn into a generic version of any extant Earth animal, or a human/animal hybrid form. Being in general a good guy, Clay uses his abilities primarily to fight crime. But he has a weakness--ponies.

Well, ponies, dogs, roosters, football teams...Clay's a gambling addict. A while ago, he had a streak of very bad luck with the horses, greyhounds and other things he'd bet on, and racked up a serious debt. Clay came up with a plan--with the help of a buddy, he became an *entrant* in various horse and dog races, and a couple of cockfights. By betting heavily on the dark horse candidate (himself), Clay was able to get a bunch of cash fast and pay off the biggest markers. So far so good, but a little dishonest.

But then Clay got an angry visitor. A legbreaker for a local bookie, he'd noticed the pattern, and realized what Zooman was up to. The thug was willing to keep quiet about what he knew...for a price. But while he was an experienced intimidator, the thug was new to blackmail, and pushed the wrong buttons when he was alone with his victim. Zooman has convinced himself that it was an accident, that he didn't mean to hit that hard with tiger claws, but the blackmailer was still dead when Zooman's vision cleared. Thinking fast, Zooman ate the evidence, then cleaned the scene. Turning into a variety of animals is very versatile in these matters.

But a week later, the envelope came, with the photographs, and an explanation of Clay's new reality.

In Hidden Agenda, Clay is Werewolf. He only does wolf transformations, and pretends to be a classic movie werewolf, vulnerability to silver and all. His alternate costume comes with a special mask that "translates" as markings on his wolf face, which keeps people from noticing how similar it is to Zooman's wolf form. He'll sometimes resort to his other animal transformations, but only if he's alone and knows he's unobserved.

Carl Fitzpatrick is Energon. He flies and blasts energy to defeat the forces of crime. Except that Carl has been doing this for a while and like a lot of cops grew numb to what was good and bad as opposed to what was necessary and what was justice. There were a couple of take downs that pushed the limit of acceptability but Energon happily let Internal Affairs of the Police Department go over the case. He didn't come out squeaky clean but there was no real case to pursue.

It was not this that landed Carl in Hidden Agenda, it was several of the operations where he turned a blind eye to the police taking a few things off the top. Drugs for medicinal purposes, cash to cover missing equipment but nothing that IAD would go real ballistic over. Except that someone found out and threatened to reveal Carl's part in it.

So Carl to cover for the cops is in Hidden Agenda. As Energy Master, he sports a disguise which makes it look like someone to a sharp instrument to his throat. And he runs, never flying. He looks like a bug eyed freak. Carl found a way to use a specific burst of energy which does not look like his Energon personna.

He uses a throat mike when appearing as Energy Master and his movements are quick and nervy.

Carl is not sure what to make of the others. Are they being blackmailed as well or is he a mole ?

For now he bides his time.