Who would play your hero(ine) in a movie?

megaplayboy

This is just something fun I do sometimes. When I come up with a character concept nowadays, I think about who I would "cast" to play that character in a movie. If the character's decidedly non-human, I think about who I'd get to do the voice acting.

My character Edge looks exactly like James Dean(probably because, in that campaign, he IS James Dean, post "super-agent serum"):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41972[/ATTACH]

So, who would you cast to play(or voice) your heroes or heroines in a movie about them?

Re: Who would play your hero(ine) in a movie?

Sad to say I've never pondered that. I don't watch enough TV or Movies really...

If I think about it, I'd probably say Enforcer looks like a buff Val Kilmer.

Well, I find it can help for RP purposes, to visualize characters that way. Not everyone is a sketch artist or has one on commission, so just giving a shorthand costume description and then saying "she looks like Raquel Welch"(or whomever) gives people an instant and memorable impression.

Landslide

I pictured her as "everyday girl". She was decidedly decent, lacking the Most Common Superpower and had a very unatractive, one color costume out isn't even spandex.

Grey Angel

Wears armor that only reveals her eyes, and is more of a "plain jane" as well, but manages to look very good in armor. A lot of actresses would to to well endowed to play her.

Menos:

No played yet, but I base his beavior/skills strongly on Jarod from the Pretender Series while his Fighting Style would be heavily influenced on Terence Hill in these comedies with Bud Spencer (and their usual final brawl). So propably Jason T. Weiss or a young Terence Hill.

DD:

Well, whoever playys her e will need the most common superpower - and the ability to stop breathing. Because her costume is decidedly impropable (it's literary impossible to wear and keep wearing without magic).

Guest dan2448

I really like the idea of screen legends like James Dean having been administered Super Serum.

Marilyn Monroe, Steve McQueen, Robert Mitchum, and Rock Hudson sprang immediately to mind as potential cohorts: a super team composed entirely of celebrities who were tabloid fodder in their day. Maybe called, "Hollywood Confidential."

Joan Crawford, Bela Lugosi, and Lana Turner might be potential adversaries.

Maybe musicians like Liberace, Frank Sinatra, Miles Davis, and Jim Morrison could be made to fit in somewhere, too....

I didn't have her in mind as a reference, but my latest illustration of Super Model turned out bearing a strong resemblance to Brooke Shields, and I'd be fine with her playing the character in a theoretical movie:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41982[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41986[/ATTACH]

Kurzhaan the Conqueror's features and build are based on Canadian actor Kavan Smith:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41984[/ATTACH]

For Young Scratch I'd pick Sebastian Stan. He has the right look and often plays snotty rebellious types, though he'd have to be willing to dye his hair purple:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41985[/ATTACH]

I don't know that I have anyone in mind for Earth Girl, as she'd have to be a CGI figure since she's literally made of dirt. Maybe Judy Greer to do voice work.

Is this a trick question? I "cast" all my characters with actors. Here are a few biggies.

Iron Maiden/Leah Wright (played by Jemima Rooper) - A classic flying brick of the Viltrumite sort (brick powers, but no super senses or the like)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41987[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41989[/ATTACH]

The Black Knight/Victor Kruger (played by Clancy Brown) - Former 90 year-old who's all but indestructible and determined not to waste this second chance at life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41988[/ATTACH]

The Man-Ape/Lloyd Greystoke (heavily based on uh, I mean, played by Bruce Campbell in heavy prosthetic make-up to give him the "man-ape" look) - A former actor turned man-ape who stumbles into a new career solving weird mysteries.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41990[/ATTACH]

Rose Hancock (played by Billie Piper) Author's note: It turns out she's Leah (Iron Maiden's) half-sister by their superpowered but irresponsible, womanizing father. Same powers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41991[/ATTACH]

My original model for Superhero but paininthetuckus Superion was the guy who played Ares on Hercules and Xena.

I don't know anything about Superion, but yeah--"Ares" would have been good. He was great fun to watch. RIP, dude.

I've never actually used actors or musicians as a basis for the look of a character.

My group did, however, use them outright. There was a Call of Cthulhu one-off where we all took the roles of prog-rock guitarists. I was Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd, someone else was Steve (The Pumpkin King) Howe of Yes, another guy was King Crimson's Robert Fripp, etc.

99 percent of my characters would be CGI. :)

For voice acting:

War Wolf: Johnathan Cook (the voice of the Big Guy from Big Guy and Rusty The Boy Robot)

Vixen: Brenda Song (London Tipton from the Suite Life of Zack And Cody)

Big Guy speaks early on in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DedfXkV_DA0&feature=related

Remember' date=' folks, the question was "Who [i']would[/i] you cast to play your hero(ine) in a movie(or voice act for them, if more appropriate)", not whether or not you do it in the first place. :)

Thread Drift is my life. :)

Anyway, for the Wraith, my undead avenger seeking atonement, I'd go with David Caruso of NYPD Blue/CSI fame. Dude was born to play The Spectre anyway.

For Simian Blue, the sarcastic genius blue lowland gorilla, I'd use the voice of Alan Rickman.

Bolt, flying blaster - Ethan Hawke

Blaze, fire starter/controller - Kirsten Dunst

Aradia, vampire themed - Emmy Rossum

Poor guy is having to choose between them.

Different set of stories (fantasy series)

Grimthol, knight - Chris Hemsworth

Shylocke, bounty hunter - Chris Evans

Granish, mercenary and bounty hunter - CGI. Voice of Jonathan Frakes

Howard, former knight and mentor - Jerry Clower (the character IS based on Jerry, but no reader has let on that they have gotten it)

Karina, half-elven thief - Natalie Portman

Twindove, elven archer - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Hanna, holy fighter - Hayley Atwell

The last Champions character I came up with was literally an orangutan brought to sentience and superhuman strength by a witch doctor, so that limits the casting options.