Agents Of SHIELD!

wcw43921

Alpha Primitives! Ugly ones.

They sure are setting up a lot of Inhumans elements pretty early. The movie's been pushed back to 2019 removed from Disney's production schedule.

If the collaboration between studios ends up working out well for the new Spider-Man movies then the same thing may end up happening with X-Men - at which point there's little need for the Inhumans movie at all.

Plus they're doing a very good job of telling Inhuman stories on the show already - what new elements could be presented in a movie that wouldn't either undo all the set-up they've done in the show OR require too much knowledge of what has already been said in the show?  

I dunno. Why are you asking me? :D

I was commenting on the setup being made really early based on the movie's scheduled date. Then I came back and struck that date out because I read further that the movie had been taken off the schedule.

As for what the movies could add? The Inhumans Royal family in all their high budget SFX splendor. We may not get that in AoS. OTOH, they've been doing pretty good so far, so I don't really care too much. It would be cool to see some of the more core characters on either the big or little screen. Were they to make AoS the official home of the Inhumans in the MCU, that would be really cool, since we could get to see more Inhuman goodness sooner.

What have we learned from the season finally of Agents of SHIELD?

Daisy Johnson has Vulnerability: Ambushes/Treacherous Attacks, 2x STUN (Very Common) as this is the second time on the show she was knocked out with a single punch when she is distracted.

Joss Whedon rips off better plots from decades ago.  The Daisy sees the death of someone is from the classic 1963 Legion of Super-Heroes story "The Case of the Stolen Superpowers".  Lincoln even plays Lightning Lad in the plot.

To paraphrase Dr. Sheldon Cooper, the Produces of Agents of SHIELD are gradually lowering the quality of the show so we won't care when it gets cancelled.

What have we learned from the season finally of Agents of SHIELD?

Daisy Johnson has Vulnerability: Ambushes/Treacherous Attacks, 2x STUN (Very Common) as this is the second time on the show she was knocked out with a single punch when she is distracted.

Joss Whedon rips off better plots from decades ago. The Daisy sees the death of someone is from the classic 1963 Legion of Super-Heroes story "The Case of the Stolen Superpowers". Lincoln even plays Lightning Lad in the plot.

To paraphrase Dr. Sheldon Cooper, the Produces of Agents of SHIELD are gradually lowering the quality of the show so we won't care when it gets cancelled.

Really? I was impressed with the finale. There were some plot holes but the execution was stellar, especially the acting. And if Whedon is riffing off classic plots then that's actually a big plus in my book. It means he's staying close to the source material.

Also,

SHOTGUN AXE.

I agree with you, Old Man. I enjoyed the finale.

Although I have to say that the constant tease of "who has the cross pendant now" was a little too obvious for me. Maybe I'm just getting too old to be surprised/impressed with that storytelling device, but it didn't seem as clever or subtle as I would have expected.

And yep, you totally called it, Pattern Ghost. Well done!

I must also say I really liked the design of Hive's true face. It nicely explained Hydra's symbology over the millenia.

And yes, LMDs in the MCU! Finally!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

When I think of LMDs, I think of the late 1980s "Deltite Affair," where sentient LMDs infiltrate and take over SHIELD before etc [shock, gasp!] etc. [i can't believe it] etc. While there were aspects of that run that I didn't like, it would be a good story for the season to take on, if it weren't already running with the Darkhold and, presumably, a Dr. Strange tie-in.

Hey, what if the Darkhold thing takes them to Wundagore, the High Evolutionary, and the Lensherr family history? (In which case it is too bad that we're not going to get Peggy Carter, Season 3, to introduce the Whizzer, Miss America, and the Atom-Smasher.)

Also, Daisy seems to be taking Practice Boyfriend's death pretty hard. It's almost as if she's a messed-up foster kid, or something. 

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. officially reveals new director's identity

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/03/agents-shield-director-jeffrey-mace-patriot

Though Marvel tried to keep it under wraps, the new director’s identity has been revealed. EW can officially confirm that Jason O’Mara is playing Jeffrey Mace, otherwise known in the comics as the Patriot. (Ahem.)

Created in the 1940s, when he first appeared in The Human Torch #4, the Patriot was a former reporter who was inspired by Captain America to become a superhero, despite his own lack of powers. Mace founded the Liberty Legion and eventually became the third Captain America.

Yeah, but they decided to make the MCU version of Jeffrey Mace an Inhuman.

Re: LMDs

It is worth noting that SHIELD has existed in the MCU for just as long as it has existed in the comics (616) continuity. And yet LMDs have existed in the comics since 1965. Why are they only now coming into existance in the MCU?