Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

When she says "people" she must be referring to hardcore comics nerds. Because apart from them, nobody knows who Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel is.

Nope. Although hardcore comics nerds know Carol, these are not the nerds she is referring too. Also a hardcore comic nerd will be aware of The Carol Corps*; that fandom is her people.

*arguably "soft-core" comic nerds. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

QOTD, planning a (possible) Friday night binge party for Defenders...

"What about inviting [dude]?"

"I don't think he's seen any of the Marvel/Netflix shows, so he wouldn't know what's going on."

"Well, he's got 48 hours to catch up."

"...Yeah, you could make it. 24 episodes of Daredevil, 12 episodes of Jessica Jones, 12 episodes of Luke Cage...and read the Wikipedia summary for Iron Fist."

"Ouch. I mean, yeah. But ouch."

Funny, but I actually liked Iron Fist a lot. Yes, it was rough and not as polished as the others. Still, I think it set up things so that we can see a really good Iron Fist emerge in the Defenders and later seasons of Iron Fist's solo ventures. I tend to have skewed expectations though.

Funny, but I actually liked Iron Fist a lot. Yes, it was rough and not as polished as the others. Still, I think it set up things so that we can see a really good Iron Fist emerge in the Defenders and later seasons of Iron Fist's solo ventures. I tend to have skewed expectations though.

I enjoyed some of it as well. It needs some rough spots smoothed out as you say, but I have hopes for improvement.

Iron Fist would have been a lot better with a different actor, better fight coordinators, and a better basic plot.  I know its hard to find a guy who can act and fight and look the way you want all at once but that guy was just too douchey for me.  I really didn't like the extremely stale and overdone "rich kid comes back from training in the far east to take over his family company" plot again, no matter how true it is to the source material, but I could have lived with that if he'd been a bit more emotionally stable, wise, and like someone who spent their entire life training in Buddhism and martial arts.  Rather than some college dude who magically learned to fight kinda good and had tats and glowy hands.