And Lo, my Windows 10 upgrade reminder popped up today.

Enforcer84

We've upgraded two of the computers (laptops) in our office to Win-10.

These are, mind you, laptops that are running CAD.

To my surprise, they are running smoothly, the employee's who have it like it, and they don't get bogged down (much).

They are laptops, after all.

That said, my computers are still running Win-7.

• 2 weeks later...

As an aside to Windows10 fun...

If you're using a laptop (make/model seems to be irrelevant) and upgrade to Win10 they've had a habit of not coming out of sleep mode, requiring a hard reboot.

I've found several fixes messing with power/sleep settings, but if that all fails downgrade (or install) Intel Management Engine 9.5; there seems to be a almost-universal issue with v11 and Win10 on laptops and waking from Sleep...

Also, UAC has to be on for some rather basic apps (calculator) to be on, Win10 generally borks itself without it. Setting to the lowest setting is all that's needed.

What's funny is our craptastic internal software won't work if UAC is on.  So I have a group policy to force it to be off companywide.  Which is already a big security risk, but now it also breaks half of Windows 10.

Meanwhile...

d9c4b36ea0fa3802efa9a3666a1787d6.jpg

I wonder if this was supposed to be a double joke (since the order is incorrect).

Meanwhile, I upgraded my office Mac today from Mountain Lion to El Capitan, because I got notes saying that the ML-compatible versions of some software would no longer be supported as of Real Soon Now, and it is the university's machine and their software that I use. I have no music on that machine.

As an aside to Windows10 fun...

If you're using a laptop (make/model seems to be irrelevant) and upgrade to Win10 they've had a habit of not coming out of sleep mode, requiring a hard reboot.

I've found several fixes messing with power/sleep settings, but if that all fails downgrade (or install) Intel Management Engine 9.5; there seems to be a almost-universal issue with v11 and Win10 on laptops and waking from Sleep...

Also, UAC has to be on for some rather basic apps (calculator) to be on, Win10 generally borks itself without it. Setting to the lowest setting is all that's needed.

That's pretty much every version of Windows, isn't it? :D

Really? I have Windows 7 on mine and I've never had any such problem.

My two laptops on 10 haven't had this issue, but I use them fairly rarely, so it's possible they've never slept on me :) 

Are they upgraded or Windows 10 native?

Everything that's running Windows 10 at my house is upgraded. The ultrabook started out as Windows 8 Home, Surface Pro 3 as Windows 8.1 Pro.

Two desktops have also been upgraded in my house. The primary (a Core i5) started as Windows 7 Home Premium, received a free upgrade to Windows 8 Home, a paid upgrade to Windows 8 Pro (for Media Center), an upgrade to 8.1, and then Windows 10 Pro. The other computer (an original-release Core 2 Duo), came with a Windows Vista Ultimate license, which was immediately converted to Windows 7 Home Premium, and lived that way until an upgrade to Windows 10 Home. It's a household music server (using Asset UPnP) and occasional TV recorder.