STAR TREK: Discovery

wcw43921

Are we really calling it STD now? Can there possibly be a less fortunate acronym?

I am. And, well if the acronym fits....  (Star Trek Disappointment, Star Trek Disease, Star Trek Derp; go ahead and join in. Anything we come up with will be more entertaining than the show I'm sure. :D )

The onset of STD has been delayed again, until September 2018, Apparently production has been a bit chaotic and "keeping the quality up" has been a challenge -- especially after the original showrunner quit.

It was originally planned to be the showcase launching CBS All Access. The question now is whether CBS All Access will still be around when the show is finally ready.

For some perspective, nine months is longer than most scripted shows take to film an entire 24-episode season.

The onset of STD has been delayed again, until September 2018, Apparently production has been a bit chaotic and "keeping the quality up" has been a challenge -- especially after the original showrunner quit.

It was originally planned to be the showcase launching CBS All Access. The question now is whether CBS All Access will still be around when the show is finally ready.

For some perspective, nine months is longer than most scripted shows take to film an entire 24-episode season.

The source material for this was a badly written article discussing why the premiere was delayed to this September. It has not been pushed back to 2018.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinkgeek is selling an exclusive Star Trek Discovery/CBS All Access pin for $29.99, which includes a $25 credit for CBS All Access. For those who don't want to click through, the pin looks like cheap swag that was left over from a convention, and the CBS All Access logo is more prominent than the Star Trek Discovery logo.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/klgh/

One of the folks at work excitedly asked me if I had heard of "The Beginning", the new Star Trek show coming to CBS. When I said that I wasn't planning on subscribing to CBS All Access to watch Star Trek Discovery, he said, "What's that?"

So, I told him how only the first episode of the new series would be broadcast, that it was part 1 of a two-part episode, and that it required CBS All Access at $5.99 a month (with commercials), his response was, essentially, "Screw that!"

One of the folks at work excitedly asked me if I had heard of "The Beginning", the new Star Trek show coming to CBS. When I said that I wasn't planning on subscribing to CBS All Access to watch Star Trek Discovery, he said, "What's that?"

So, I told him how only the first episode of the new series would be broadcast, that it was part 1 of a two-part episode, and that it required CBS All Access at $5.99 a month (with commercials), his response was, essentially, "Screw that!"

Pretty much what most people I know say.

• 3 weeks later...