A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

We have a Yahoo group for our Champions campaign. Makes for an easy place to put files for everyone to read, etc. But the funny thing is every time you go to the site, or get an email sent through the site, it includes adds for products that Yahoo seems to think are similar to the subject of our group.

I haven't yet figured out how to work the Champion Juicer into the campaign, but look for Champion Shuffleboard coming soon! :D

A Thread for Random Musings

!

WARNING:

1. REMOVE SCREW

BEFORE FIRST USE AND

DISPOSE OF IT PERMANENTLY.

2. NEVER REPLACE SCREW AFTER

REMOVAL AS THIS WILL CAUSE

DAMAGE TO THE UNIT.

Which raises the question; if this #**! screw is so fatal to the unit, for what screwy rason was it there in the first place?!?!

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks they just want to screw with people. Ah, screw it!

Well, my best friend is still in town. He just invited me to dinner. Once again, I've been acting like a complete jackass. Course it took him the better part of a week to get a hold of me when he was in the same frickin' town. But still, I gotta stop being a jagov.

In the last two months I've read and reviewed a number of books. 7 of those are Monster/NPC books. If I don't read another one of those things for a long time it might be too soon. They just get mind numbing after a while reading them cover to cover. The last review (Predators) is still being written, burned out on NPC books at this point. And I still have one left I want to review (Evil Unleashed), which I've read once completely already (did the HD Character Pack for it) so it should be more of a skim to refresh the memory.

I think I'll do the adventure books next, those look fun.

We keep getting calls from family & friends concerned that we're buried in a snowbank somewhere, or huddled around a candle with no food or electricity. Apparently the weather channel has been reporting huge winds blowing 15' drifts, major portions of Denver still without power, people stranded in their cars... I certainly appreciate everyone's concern, but really. It's pretty sad when two back-to-back blizzards dumping more than 3' of snow inside of a week isn't newsworthy enough on it's own without "embellishment."

My trash hasn't been picked up since Dec. 18. It's supposed to be picked up at least 3x/week. I figured it would be picked up yesterday, but when I got home the dumpster was still overflowing. I got upset and called the trash company. Since it was after hours, I got their voicemail. I was so angry I let them have it with both barrels. I told them that I'd now officially heard every excuse in the book, and I wouldn't listen to any more. I told them that if the trash wasn't gone by the time I got home tonight (Wed), they were fired. I dropped the "f-bomb" about 4 times while screaming my rage at their incompetence into their answering machine. By the end of the call, I was literally screaming into the phone. I don't usually get that angry at anyone for any reason, but this time, I did. I guess this was the proverbial straw.

And the trash had better be f'ing gone by the time I get home tonight.

Trash got picked up today. Huzzah.

Also, here's a picture from last week's back-to-back blizzards. In honor of Oddhat, I call it "It Hardly Ever Snows in Fort Collins." :D

That pile of snow, BTW, is about 8 feet high. For size comparison purposes, you can just barely see the bunny in the upper left quadrant (look for the red hat).