It's an unpleasant day when.....

unclevlad

You wake up with an armpit soaked in blood. A recurring rash turned out to be something called hidradenitis. One week in the hospital, four liters of IV's  and $ 300 a month of perscriptions that I'll be taking for the next four months minimum and I"m back at home. At least the nurses were nice and I lost 13 pounds. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had been planing to move this week to a downstairs apartment in my building. There's no elevator here, and my balance issues make carrying things downstairs difficult. So as an ADA accomodation 'm being moved to a ground-level unit. Or so I thought.

It turns out that the higher-ups in the agency that owns my complex did not send anyone out to "flip" that unit to make it ready for me to occupy it. So I have to wait another 2-3 weeks for it to be ready, while my current apartment is full of boxes, boxes, boxes.

It's an unpleasant day when:

* You go to brunch with friends and get crappy service at a restaurant where that normally doesn't happen.

* The cops ticket friend #1 for something that should have been in the DMV's system already.

* Friend #2 notices one of the orders in a meal delivered via Grubhub is not in the package, and the restaurant won't refund him

And it's particularly unpleasant when you fly your new drone and lose the battery!

• 1 month later...

Update on the drone battery:

I have searched for the missing battery several times on different days. No luck. I ordered a new battery. It arrived in due time, but it doesn't work, at least not with my drone. I contacted the company, which sent me a new battery. It doesn't work either. I guess the problem is with my drone, although I can't spot any damage.

Also, I went to work early to get a prescription filled at a nearby pharmacy. The pharmacy was closed until a replacement pharmacist could get there; the regular guy must have called in sick. That would take an hour. Then clocking in for work became a problem, as our online timesheet app was acting up. It was acting up all day.