Funny Pics II: The Revenge

2 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

Hey.  Paladins are cool now.  The most recent D&D movie told us so.

The 5e "Paladin" is a joke: it stands for nothing and it was only brought about because A) Players found that playing a proper (i.e., Lawful Good) Paladin was too difficult (when the class is about walking a higher path while focusing on Good over Law if and when a moral/ethical conflict arises instead of assuming the role of a Lawful Neutral or even Lawful Evil(!) jackass that is only nominally Lawful Good while they bully others around) and/or B ) Too many Dungeon Masters provided Morton's Fork-style challenges for Paladins that lead to them falling from grace.

Edited by Ragitsu

7 hours ago, Hugh Neilson said:

Play a character with a heroic personality in a game of heroic fantasy?  That's just crazy talk!

MD&D tries to strip away Alignment (which includes clear good and evil) while encouraging/supporting evil - or at least murky/grey morality - play. No wonder the Paladin is viewed with greater disrespect these days.

2 hours ago, Starlord said:

z-funny-45-1.jpg

So "Mature Humor" is the euphemism for "Dad Jokes"?

======================

49 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Obviously Americans hate Red Print because it's Communist isn't it ?

Officially that's right.  Everyone knows, though, that the red is there to distract you from the really dangerous stuff the financial institutions have buried down in the Flyspeck 3 font.

Edited by Cancer

4 hours ago, Ragitsu said:

In the states (if not other nations, as well), people have an aversion towards red text - in part - because of past trauma associated with overly-critical teachers :tsk:.

I suspect this is an unstated reason why Pariah likes green pens.  Otherwise, uh, :angel:

In fairness, I also occasionally grade in orange and purple. It just kind of depends on my mood, and which pen I happen to have handy at that moment.

The fact that I pretty much never grade in red pen is primarily a function of the fact that I don't like red pens, and consequently almost never have one at hand.