The Most Annoying Song of All Time

Pariah

On 8/12/2019 at 10:35 AM, Duke Bushido said:

Couple of things I just wanted to say.

First, I stopped in to say that, while it took many decades, I finally came to realize that two primary differences between "decent music" and "utter cap" are repetition and volume.  Without either of those in excess, it seems most music becomes bearable.  The entire music industry, perversely, is the reason that we absolutely hate all the songs they want us to love.  Music is not marriage!  The Stockholm Syndrome does _not_ apply!

At least, I _was_ going to say exactly that.  I was going to say exactly that as I waded through every sample given on this thread, right up until I clicked that little tiny picture above.

That changed my mind.  I've never heard that song before, and I don't generally keep my computer's volume particularly loud.  In spite of that, that song is quite possibly once of the worst things I've ever exposed myself to.  I have no idea how it got on the charts at all.  😕

Cheers for posting. 

13 hours ago, Old Man said:

I'd also like to mention songs that are really just a few lines of music played over and over again, repeatedly, over and over again, repeatedly, over and over again.  This includes [snip] any "hit" by George Harrison.

To the point that Weird Al parodied him with "(This Song's Just) Six Words Long."

2 hours ago, Hugh Neilson said:

Given that the source song was a cover first recorded in 1962, it's hard to attribute those lyrics  to George Harrison.

Well, I guess it's more accurate to say that Weird Al parodied the song, though it looks like George Harrison's cover version did remove a verse that was in the James Ray 1962 version, making Harrison's cover seem (at least to me) even more repetitive than the original.

On 8/14/2019 at 5:38 AM, death tribble said:

I reckon I am way ahead on points as the sheer number of annoying and let us face it deliberately annoying records seem to have polluted the British charts than elsewhere.

I completely agree.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned "I've Got a Brand New Combine Harvester" yet.

On August 22, 2019 at 8:07 PM, drunkonduty said:

I completely agree.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned "I've Got a Brand New Combine Harvester" yet.

What the frickenitty-frack is that god-awful grating concoction of an accent?!   

Tribble wins, period, just on that gotta-be-made-up accent alone!  No society could speak like that on purpose!  They'd get super-sharp pencils and jab out each other's eardrums as an act of compassionate mercy if that was real....