The Most Annoying Song of All Time

Pariah

First off, anything with an accordion.

Whew, that's outta the way.

Hmm, hard to nominate one, but let's start with The Lady in Red by Chris De Burgh.  An annoying, droning pop ballad played constantly in the 80s.  Sung in a whiny, strained voice that sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

This is another No 1 record that is dreadful but Bazza actually likes this drivel. It was No 1 in Australia for 8 weeks at least so I must put it down to brainwashing. It kept Vienna by Ultravox at No 2 which is one readon I hate this record.

Wannabe by the Spice Girls is another annoying record but I won't paste it here as you all know it already.

This one should make you sick. Another No 1.

For me? It's "I will Always Love You" The Whitney Houston Cover of Dolly's song from the Bodyguard.

That maybe a personal thing as I could not ****ing escape it for over a year, but I hate that song with a passion. Whitney has talent, but in this case it felt more like 'see how long I can scream?'

To this day I can't stand it. I actually got up in the first two minutes of Spider-Man far from Home when it began to play. ( I came back two minutes later)

Folks are like 'oh it fit, it was funny' I don't doubt them. I also don't care. That song has become an auditory assault for me.

Now, for another song that I am told others find incredibly annoying?  "Cotton Eyed Joe" ala the Rednex!

I have a friend whose eye begins to twitch as he goes past that.

2 hours ago, Hermit said:

For me? It's "I will Always Love You" The Whitney Houston Cover of Dolly's song from the Bodyguard.

That maybe a personal thing as I could not ****ing escape it for over a year, but I hate that song with a passion. Whitney has talent, but in this case it felt more like 'see how long I can scream?'

I completely agree with this sentiment. Dolly's version was simple, heartfelt, and understated. It was sweet and sad. Whitney's remake was overblown and pretentious, with, as you noted, a lot of screaming. Pure dren.

I can quite understand people disliking a record that was no 1 for a number of weeks. Bryan Adams was no 1 for 16 weeks with Everything I do I do it for you but I don't have a problem with it. Nor Love is all around by Wet Wet Wet which was No 1 for 15 weeks. Both it and Bryan Adams record were linked to films, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and Four Weddings and a Funeral respectively. Whitney Houston was No 1 for 10 weeks and again this is linked to a film.

On the other hand there is no excuse for this. Reaching No 1 makes it worse.

Or this

8 hours ago, death tribble said:

This is another No 1 record that is dreadful but Bazza actually likes this drivel. It was No 1 in Australia for 8 weeks at least so I must put it down to brainwashing. It kept Vienna by Ultravox at No 2 which is one readon I hate this record.

An Aussie classic. So you dislike it solely because it went to number #1? #sourgrapes 

As you hate Joe Dulce's song solely on the basic it kept Ultravox's song from #1, then why haven't you also nominated John Lennon's Woman as well? Huh? 

Lennon's Woman for one week and Joe Dulce's Shaddup... for three weeks were the reason  Ultavox's Vienna was at #2 for four weeks. 

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/19810208/7501/

24 minutes ago, Bazza said:

An Aussie classic. So you dislike it solely because it went to number #1? #sourgrapes 

As you hate Joe Dulce's song solely on the basic it kept Ultravox's song from #1, then why haven't you also nominated John Lennon's Woman as it also did? Huh? 

Lennon's Woman for one week and Joe Dulce's Shaddup... for three weeks was the reason why Ultavox's Vienna was at #2 for four weeks. 

I dislike it as it is annoying as anything.

The fact it kept a classic from No 1 just adds fuel to the fire. Lennon had just being killed so that was why his record went to No 1.

5 minutes ago, death tribble said:

I dislike it as it is annoying as anything.

The fact it kept a classic from No 1 just adds fuel to the fire. Lennon had just being killed so that was why his record went to No 1.

Fair enough then on John Lennon song goingto number one.