STAR TREK: Discovery

wcw43921

So, I guess they were lying about it not being about the bridge crew.

The trailer actually looks interesting.

True.  I will probably try it when it comes out on disc.  If it makes it that far, looks expensive per episode and locking it away from any viewers may kill it early.  Firefly was killed by shifting time-slots and out of order episodes.   This show will be squirreled away on a stream that doesn't have enough anything to justify a subscription. 

It's supposed to be on Netflix outside the US, so maybe that will help it as far as money goes. I can see a certain amount of built-in audience just for it being Trek, but I think it'll be outweighed by people who wait to see if it's any good before paying for a streaming service that otherwise has zero interesting content.

The other alien in the trailer has one of the most disturbing prosthetic makeup jobs I've ever seen. It must have been alarmingly uncomfortable. It reminds me of the actor mentioned in Argo who claimed he couldn;t act with his prosthetics, to which the production guy commented that he wouldn't have needed the prosthetics if he could act (perhaps because he could have gotten better roles).

They do have me curious about the new Klingon look.

Reminds me of the Klingons in Star Trek: Into Darkness. There are other bits (the lens flare on the bridge and possibly going through a "windshield" display screen) that also seem to echo the rebooted movies.

"You don't really appreciate 'Friendship is Magic' until you've watched it in the original Klingon."

Little known fact:  Klingon Emperor Gowron had an extensive collection of My Little Ponies and Beanie Babies.

:rofl:

loQ Pony, loQ Pony

ahh, ahh, ahh, ahhh.

choS Sparkle

(loQ Pony)

DanoHmeH jIH laH, qatlh nuq Qu' SIv

(loQ Pony)

until SoH magic SoH Hoch HItlhej

rainbow Dash

tIn adventure

pinkie chab

fun tons

rarity

tIq 'IH

applejack

matlh 'ej HoS

fluttershy

wIHHa'wI' maywI' SoH!

choS Sparkle

feat ngeD

'ej 'oH magic Hoch naQmoH wanI'mey

loQ ponies Daghaj

youre DaSov'a' Hoch SoHvaD maqoch?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...to me, this trailer looks nothing like Star Trek.

Given recent iterations of Star Trek (Voyager, Enterprise, Into Darkness, etc.), I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

We're going off the rails on a crazy train, yeah

Was STD ever not on the crazy train?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...to me, this trailer looks nothing like Star Trek.

Given recent iterations of Star Trek (Voyager, Enterprise, Into Darkness, etc.), I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Well, the good thing is we won't have to see it.  Well unless you don't live in the US, it won't be available here.