The Queen RIP

death tribble

She always struck me as a pillar of restraint.  She was the conscience of her nation. My Canadian relatives were very impressed with her, and my Grandmother on my mother's side was a big fan.  I was sad up[on hearing the news.

Charles, though strikes me as a bit of a greenie, and may nudge the U.K.'s energy policy in a worse direction.

4 hours ago, assault said:

The Queen is dead. Down with the King!

I am a republican, and Charles is not "my" king.

---

For those unaware of how it works, Charles became king immediately upon her death. Coronations and all that are meaningless.

Yah. That's right. Charles is now King of Australia and Canada now.

4 hours ago, Bazza said:

I am a Aussie monarchist, so long live the King.

Why? Because, I perforce prefer realism over postmodernism and nominalism. 

Perforce? Of course the monarchy exists, but that does not require any respect for the imbecilic descendants of tyrants and poster children for reactionaries.

I personally doubt you have less respect for postmodernism - banality clothed in obscurantism, like a particularly nasty cheap pie - than I do.

Im not quite sure where nominalism fits in. You win philosophy reference points for that one.

That's OK, I quoted Denis Diderot on the Book of Face this morning.

I saw her twice.

Once when the King of Morocco was visiting and she travelled in a open top coach down Victoria Street with him.

The second time I was in front of the Palace and a car pulls up with the Queen and the Duke in the back.

I also got to see one of the celebrations and I was in front of the Palace in the seating the authorities sometimes bring out.

Doc Democracy, King Charles III and I are all born within a few days in November so we are all Scorpios. Be afraid of that fact.

I would like to add my thanks for the condolences that people are offering here, it is appreciated.

8 hours ago, Drhoz said:

Tumblr and Twitter are certainly blowing up. Mostly very black comedy. Everybody grab a swan while you can. 

I did a small black comedy post for Horror Amino. "Litch Queen of England Finally Redead."

I'm quite sure most post of black comedy were similar in nature. 

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I will say this once:  keep it respectful, people.  I don't care what is being said on Twitter or Tumblr -- those statements will not be tolerated here.

If you don't care for the monarchy, don't post in this thread. It's that simple.

Being American, the only monarch we had was Emperor Nortan the 1st, and that was because he was a good natured but crazy man who simply declared himself Emperor of the Americas and everyone went along with him.

It isn't exactly about not caring for England's monarcy. I feel for our country's greatest friend and also oldest enimie. (My ancestors left the British Empire for a darn good reason after all. No taxation without representation after all.)

We had our fun. But now we should also have some respect. At least for our British, Australian, Canadian, and our other members of our community who are citizens of what is left of the British Empire. They just had a historic loss right now. They would give us some respect if Biden passed away after all.(I also expect some good natured humor when he passes. Humor can heal people after all...as long as the jokes are semi-respectful. My "litch queen" post over in Horror Amino was more good taist because of where I posted it, and because she lived so long, and never said anything bad about the Queen herself. )

7 hours ago, assault said:

Perforce? Of course the monarchy exists, but that does not require any respect for the imbecilic descendants of tyrants and poster children for reactionaries.

I personally doubt you have less respect for postmodernism - banality clothed in obscurantism, like a particularly nasty cheap pie - than I do.

Im not quite sure where nominalism fits in. You win philosophy reference points for that one.

That's OK, I quoted Denis Diderot on the Book of Face this morning.

Maybe, one day, in a different thread, or via PM, we should have a discussion about this, but not today. 

Denis Diderot, nice. I own Isidore of Seville‘s Etymologiae, which would have to be the earliest form of the idea. 

q.v. the “perforce” word-choice necessary relates to realism not the monarchy as you assumed.