Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

"Next time I run D&D, I'm going to have to do an adventure where some Yuan-Ti hijack an airship."

(Blank stares.)

"So the PCs can deal with mother****in snakes on a mother****in' plane!"

(Mass groans.)

This was about two weeks after my urge to do an adventure titled 'Raiders of the Lost Orc'. :D

I wrote up a Paranoia adventure once, where an error in the cloning vats caused about 1,000 clones on one individual. All his clones got together and took over the power station, threatening to blow it up. I called it "Ind-Y-ANA Clones and the Temple of Boom."

In one of my very first games, my brother and I were running in a D&D game (no A, no 3E, just D&D, Basic Set... hey, we were 8 and 10, respectively, m'kay? ^^() ) that our mother was running.

We were trapped in a mountain, being chased by critters rather like daleks, and searching for a way out. Eventually, we found a genie, who told us we needed a special talisman to open the door to the dungeon.

We eventually found it... a small, remote-control like object.

The magical Genie (Garage) Door Opener.

Yeah... my Mom's always had a thing for puns in games she's involved in....

This was about two weeks after my urge to do an adventure titled 'Raiders of the Lost Orc'. :D

I wrote up a Paranoia adventure once' date=' where an error in the cloning vats caused about 1,000 clones on one individual. All his clones got together and took over the power station, threatening to blow it up. I called it "Ind-Y-ANA Clones and the Temple of Boom."[/quote']

One of my favorite modules has always been Beneath Castle Greyhawk which had Indiana Gnome. :D

Gawd, can't believe I've finally finished reading this thread... couple contributions. Glad I wrote these down. Some I may be paraphrasing a little.

Steelwasp - "If I try to seduce her in combat, do I take negatives on my PRE roll, my OCV, or both?"

Sparrow - "Code vs. Killing, huh?"

Synapse - "Yup."

Sparrow - "We need to talk."

Steelwasp - "Promise me that the webs are coming out of your hands."

Silk - "Why?"

Steelwasp - "Promise me."

Sparrow - "I'm gonna resurrect them."

Saurin - "Can I eat their hearts first?"

Sparrow - "What?? No!! You can't eat their hearts. I'm resurrecting them now."

Saurin - "...Please?"

Slipstream - "Your costume is nudity?"

Silk - "I call it 'playing to my strengths'."

Synapse - "Okay, we're going to William Tell that Humpty Dumpty straight into the Loch Ness Monster, and then glue them all to the floor."

Steelwasp - "I'm going to hug the lizard and pull the darts out of my a$$"

Slipstream - "Can I just teleport to someplace where none of this crap is happening? Please?"

Synapse - "Let's all split up."

Saurin - "Why?"

Synapse - "Give them a fighting chance."

Sparrow - "Look, it only counts if they stay dead, right?"

Steelwasp - "Some day you will learn to understand the prejudices that drive us oxygen-metabolising land-based mammals."

Silk - "Fear my toxic touch, evildoer! One touch of my fingers, and you go down like a clown!"

NPC Villain - "Down like a clown?"

Silk - "It's just something I say."

NPC Villain - "I've heard that before..."

Silk - "No you haven't."

NPC Villain - "Jerry!?"

Silk - "DAD?!?!"

Gawd, can't believe I've finally finished reading this thread... couple contributions. Glad I wrote these down. Some I may be paraphrasing a little.

Steelwasp - "If I try to seduce her in combat, do I take negatives on my PRE roll, my OCV, or both?"

Sparrow - "Code vs. Killing, huh?"

Synapse - "Yup."

Sparrow - "We need to talk."

Steelwasp - "Promise me that the webs are coming out of your hands."

Silk - "Why?"

Steelwasp - "Promise me."

Sparrow - "I'm gonna resurrect them."

Saurin - "Can I eat their hearts first?"

Sparrow - "What?? No!! You can't eat their hearts. I'm resurrecting them now."

Saurin - "...Please?"

Slipstream - "Your costume is nudity?"

Silk - "I call it 'playing to my strengths'."

Synapse - "Okay, we're going to William Tell that Humpty Dumpty straight into the Loch Ness Monster, and then glue them all to the floor."

Steelwasp - "I'm going to hug the lizard and pull the darts out of my a$$"

Slipstream - "Can I just teleport to someplace where none of this crap is happening? Please?"

Synapse - "Let's all split up."

Saurin - "Why?"

Synapse - "Give them a fighting chance."

Sparrow - "Look, it only counts if they stay dead, right?"

Steelwasp - "Some day you will learn to understand the prejudices that drive us oxygen-metabolising land-based mammals."

Silk - "Fear my toxic touch, evildoer! One touch of my fingers, and you go down like a clown!"

NPC Villain - "Down like a clown?"

Silk - "It's just something I say."

NPC Villain - "I've heard that before..."

Silk - "No you haven't."

NPC Villain - "Jerry!?"

Silk - "DAD?!?!"

Does anyone in this game not have a name starting with "S"?

What a coincidence. In my Champions game, we have five players, whose characters are: Sentinel, Serendipity, Squeeze, Styx, and Synergy. To mess with the press and villains, they "let slip" a reference to a (non-existent) sixth member, a mentalist named Subliminal.

Not an amusing quote by itself, but it led to a conceptually amusing speculative power:

"I'm going to kick your butt into next week!"

Extradimensional Movement: Future - UAA, Set Effect (7 days), Gestures (kick target)

One from Weldun's game and one from mine:

GM (Weldun): "You wake up and find yourself awar of a deep sense of Foreboding."

Zero: "Nothing abnormal there then."

and from mine:

The team is about to go to a dimension where clothing is considered entirely cosmetic, and it is considered normal to expose one's sexual characteristics. Upon hearing that Vitus is going to wear apropriate garb for the society they'll be visiting, Felicity blurts out "Okay, you won't stick out much."

Every other player bursts out laughing, and Felicity's player slapped herforehead as she realised what she'd just said...

The past two sessions of my Golden Age Champions game, Captain Patriot has been a guest, and the PC flagsuit brick has been blowing EGO rolls right and left whenever he tries to be calm and rational about actually getting to talk with Captain Patriot, he's my idol ... well, you get the idea.

Finally, the player announced "One last try", rolled, and got a 16.

Player 2: I think your dice are in awe of Captain Patriot.

Original Player: (takes character sheet, writes "Psych Lim: Tongue-tied Around Captain Patriot, 0 points" on it, hands it to me)

My Champions players are in the middle of a small Demonhame. Arsenal has been whining all night about how everyone is going to get killed. A battle starts and three of my players get sidelined quick. One for a good while, the other two only for a second.

Arsenal: We need to get out of here! We need to retreat!

Pyre: Retreat to where? This is an end of the world as we know it scenerio here. When it comes down to that sort of thing I only know how to do one thing. I stand and I fight.

Pyre went on to use tactics and manuevers in the fight and they turned the tide.

Pyre: Retreat to where? This is an end of the world as we know it scenerio here. When it comes down to that sort of thing I only know how to do one thing. I stand and I fight.

Kudos to Pyre and his player.

hopefully I'm remembering this correctly...

From this week's game...

We're at a luxurious breakfast at the Viori mansion, with our beautiful host Sidney Viori, enjoying a five course breakfast except for my character, Heavy Metal, the brick of the group. He's enjoying a mixing bowl of Coa-Coa Puffs and Rice Krispies. I've just finished telling about some of my history growing up in the Low-Downs in the slums of Epic City. Sidney informs me that the rich actually own the area as a tax shelter and a place to hide their money.

Quartermain and Chimera, both wealthy, inquire if there is any more bacon. We are informed there is an entire plate of it.

A sweep of the arm later, there's a mumbled, "nope, we're out of bacon." as much chewing ensues...

My Champions players are in the middle of a small Demonhame. Arsenal has been whining all night about how everyone is going to get killed. A battle starts and three of my players get sidelined quick. One for a good while, the other two only for a second.

Arsenal: We need to get out of here! We need to retreat!

Pyre went on to use tactics and manuevers in the fight and they turned the tide.

Major kudos to Pyre and his player. :) Those are the sort of moments the genre is made of, IMHO.

I found a sheet of paper a few days ago with some in-game quotes on it that I'd written down, but never posted. Unfortunately I don't have that handy, but I do have one that came up during an in-character conversation that I'll post. I think you can probably figure out the context pretty easily... ;)

-----

"Okay... now that you've put THAT image into my mind, Trisha... you're going to suddenly develop a passion for eating bananas, aren't you?"

From a Vampire: The Masquerade game years ago...

"The dog has Obfuscate. The f***ing dog has Obfuscate. Somebody talk to me, I need to understand this."

(seven-foot-tall mafia enforcer, guy in a wheelchair, three-hundred-pound dog/bear hybrid, pathologically clumsy nerd, and businessman in wingtips have all miraculously passed Stealth checks to follow Cody. Since it's obvious that Cody's perception scores are abysmal or nonexistant, they break into song)

"La-la-la-la-la, we're following Cody, la-la-la-la-la, Cody's f***ing deaf!"

"Oh. My. God. It's a flying monkey. For real."

"Did you just turn him into a rat?"

"I didn't do that. I thought you turned him into a rat."

(both turn and look accusingly at the "dog", named Bocephus.)

"Bocephus, do you have something to tell us?"

(on the way to Dallas)

"So, we're loading the unconscious policeman into the trunk of the car, on the side of the freeway, at seven o'clock at night, with the mafia enforcer standing there with his hand inside his jacket. Isn't this attracting any attention?"

"Well, it is Corsicana (notorious speed trap). You might get somebody offering to help you."

(in Dallas)

"We're going to need some bigger f***ing guns."

(events in Dallas)

"Well, that was the second most traumatic event of my existence."

"What the hell was the first?"

"Remember that time I woke up next to (PC #3)?"

"Oh, right, gotcha."

(in Dallas)

"God, I can't wait to go back home where all I have to worry about is Setite impersonators, clan war from the Nosferatu, Sabbat invaders and the blood hunt from the prince."

"And the chantry leader wants to melt you down for ritual ingredients."

"Right, that too. Can't wait to get away from Dallas."

(back home)

"I told you he was a gangrel."

"No he was not!"

"He turned into mist, didn't he?"

"It doesn't count when the mist is red, you dumb***."

Player "So, we're following the Toreador."

GM "Right."

Player "Who are following the Nosferatu."

GM "Right."

Player "To Dallas."

GM "Right." (big sadistic grin)

Player "I HATE YOU."

From Saturday's GURPS Supers:

"We need to go to the adult... Occult. OCCULT bookstore."

Sunday Afternoon Champions:

Dorian: "Oh Sh**! Ninjas!!"

Morningstar (French accent): "Don't worry they are a dime a dozen."

Dorian: "Yeah well, someone spent about twenty dollars."

GM: "Do you have acting?"

Morningstar: "No because I'm French..." (if there was more to the statement, which I think there was, it was drowned out by laughter)

Dorian: "Great, we're going to lose because the mime couldn't keep his mouth shut."

Session 10 of Shadows Angelus:

Nestor on Tyger's plan to use Demolitions: "For your information, Plan B is not Plan A with more explosives."

Yiska: "I pull my gun."

Tyger: "Now *that* is creepy."

Hemelshot: "Bug out into Victoria's Secret!"

Ross (the GM): "(The Wolfspiders) are moving with the slow gentleness of a battle tank."

Yiska: "You certain we couldn't bring a flamethrower with us?"

Mike looks at the map after the figures representing the party are put out: "Great, one grenade will get us all."

Yar: "Why does Jama have a bottle of mouthwash?"

(After a comment about 'scary dice'): "Hey! It's the Dice Girls! Scary Dice, Spookey Dice, and Yiska is Psychic Dice!"

GM: "The house looks untouched."

Steve: "We'll fix the untouched part."

Yisa to Hemelshot: "You never had fun as a kid, did you?"

Steve as Tyger blows his EGO Roll to walk down a wall from the ceiling: "No one makes their first jump."

Josh: "Tyger *is* a psychological scar!"

Following the french vein... mercenary game...

Wailing away with his new discount rifle, Pendergrass manages to miss anything remotely resembling a geurilla fighter. He even misses the giant tree he shoots in frustration. He looks at his FAMAS and drops it in disgust.

"I knew I shouldn'ta bought that thing. Like new, never fired, just scuffed from being dropped. Stupid french guns."

Three from this past Saturday's DARK GUARDIANS Champions game...

Midnight: "Whisper did not die with intent to defraud!"

On the GM trying to remember the other name (the actual Japanese name) for the legendary chain-whip weapon called the "Tail of the Night Dragon":

John: "The Whip of Ouchiness!"

*much laughter ensues*

GM: "No, no, no... it's..."

Michelle: "... the Miracle Whip?"

*chorus of groans and laughter*

During our previous session, a PSI agent named Bodyjack had successfully taken over our brick Qurria'al, who was subsequently taken down by Midnight (in her civilian ID, no less) thanks to rapid-fire Ego Blasts. After she knocked Qurria'al out, Bodyjack reformed into his own body and decked Midnight, then vanished before she could hit him back.

As it turned out, the Dark Guardians and a team of six PSI agents now must form an alliance of convenience... and one of the PSI agents is Bodyjack, who suddenly realized that the Dark Guardians' mentalist is the woman he decked in combat earlier that day.

Bodyjack: "So, um... no hard feelings, right?"

Midnight: "Don't know yet, but I'll let you know."

(Shortly after that, the two groups reconvene at Midnight's penthouse suite at a nearby hotel, where she demonstrates her invisibility technique to the PSI agents... by scaring the living CRAP out of Bodyjack.)

Midnight: "Nope, no hard feelings."

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Sir Gerard, the Knight, is talking to Father Danaecus about their charge, the supposed Messiah of Via. "The last time I expressed my opinion about him, I ended up WAAAAAY up in the air. At least the view was nice."

Lina, the Ersatz leader of their little group, decides to talk to the NPC elf, who's about twice her height. OOC, Josh says, "If you ride your horse up to her, you'll be up to her shoulder . . ."

When she finds the elf, she's talking to the Messiah, who's really just a kid from the Champions Universe, who stumbled across their universe quite accidentally. He hangs around when Lina says she wants to talk, until she says, "I figured we could talk, just us girls, together." At which point his eyes grow wide and he says, "Oh, GIRL talk." He scurries off without another word.

Later, this line kept coming up (three times in the last two sessions): "Why do they keep kidnapping the nine-foot tall ELF?"

(The answer, of course, is that the elf is easiest to get to, since she can't very well sleep indoors. But it amuses me that this line keeps coming up. Especially since she was only kidnapped once.)

The PC's are taping a mind control induced confession from a bad guy they captured.

Bad Guy: And then the sniper will shoot one of the lycanthropes, triggering a berzerk rage that will kill the bystanders.

PC: Man, if that happens we'll be screwed! Wait, turn the tape off! That can be edited out, right?